Favourite Fashion Era

last reply
55 replies
6.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Women's - 1920's, but downplayed a little. The cloche hats are so fucking cute, the short bobs, knee-length rectangular dresses, lipstick, dark eye makeup, the film noir and silent film aspects... not big on 1920's brows though.

Men - Same era. Wool suits with suspenders look dapper as hell.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by domiKNITrix
Women's - 1920's, but downplayed a little. The cloche hats are so fucking cute, the short bobs, knee-length rectangular dresses, lipstick, dark eye makeup, the film noir and silent film aspects... not big on 1920's brows though.

Men - Same era. Wool suits with suspenders look dapper as hell.

Totally agree!!
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by domiKNITrix
Women's - 1920's, but downplayed a little. ... not big on 1920's brows though.

That reminded me of this quote from The Great Gatsby: "Her eyebrows had been plucked then drawn on again at a more rakish angle, but the efforts of nature toward the restoration of the old alignment gave a blurred air to her face."

Fitzgerald's way with words always makes me laugh!!

And for me, most of the fun of going to vintage dances is dressing up in 20's/30's/40's/50's or early 60's clothing, so its impossible to choose just one era.

As far as men are concerned, there's nothing like the 1940's look, so film noir....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For women: definitely agree on the 20s but also the early/mid 60s smile
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
wow! for full on glamour, i'm going with the 20s - 40s. with that being said, i TRULY feel i was supposed to rock hot pants and bell bottoms of the 70s

Say. Her. Name.

Lurker
0 likes
What is this "fashion" you speak of?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The late 30's and 40's produced stylish suit that I like. A classic look.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by She
As it goes for women, it is definitely 50s. I absolutely love those simple cut skirts and dresses. They bring out of women's extraordinary power (even though they didn't have it so much back then), hidden sexiness, sophistication and grace that is sadly missed in this era. I wish I could dress like that. I would feel so comfortable in those, with different shoes that is.

Fifties for me as well girlfriend. It was such a fabulous time for women. We were finally gaining rights, and we were finally starting to gain some social acceptability with pants and the like. I myself adorn clothes very simialr when I can, but it is so difficult to find shops without ridiculous shipping costs for clothes like these.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
My mom says I'd have fit right in with the hippies of the late sixties through the seventies. Girls went braless almost everywhere, and that's the style I'd like best. The less clothes, the better!
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
My mom says I'd have fit right in with the hippies of the late sixties through the seventies. Girls went braless almost everywhere, and that's the style I'd like best. The less clothes, the better!

I like the image in my head of you with only a flower in your hair.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
This is a cool trip through fashion eras.

Lurker
0 likes
for men ...

Lurker
0 likes
and for me...

Lurker
0 likes
Victorian/Edwardian Era. TradGoth/Post Punk and gotta love the 50's. nothing modern for me--too boring.
Lurker
0 likes
For both men and women, around about 1905-1910 would do me just fine. Ruthless s-shaped corsetry, slim outlines and fabulous suits for men with jackets that finished just above the knee.

EDIT- actually, extend that to art and houses too. My house was built in 1905 and has lots of lovely art nouveau elements.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Extravagantly frivolous, feminine, golden-era Hollywood. The men's fashion around this time was just as good as well! However, I do like a lot of depictions of futuristic fashion, so hopefully something in the next 10-20 years becomes a new favorite.
0 likes
Victorian and Edwardian Era.

Others are TradGoth/Post Punk but no please don't tell me about crust punx--no thank you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love clothes of any era that scream FEMININE and those years after World War Two do just that. Dior captured the spirit of an era where women wanted to shed themselves of uniforms and utility clothes. I have always adored big swishy skirts, white fitted blouses and so forth.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
With my music taste of Progressive Rock and Northern Soul , it has to be the 70s for me.

Although I do like clothes from the 30s and 40s as well .
Mana wahine
0 likes
Outside of my work uniform, I wear a lot of vintage, from true vintage through to reproduction, from 40s style through to the 70s. (I've actually got a 70s look planned for the fast approaching summer.) Lately I've been playing around with a darker look, that, while still vintage-inspired, is defs not necessarily 'true vintage.' (I'm actually loving myself sick in black lipstick, plaid circle skirts and Victorian inspired detailed necklines)

Piece over.

Laura out.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Late 50's and the 60's …
Love always …
EvaLynn
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am in my thirties and am increasingly convinced I was born in the wrong era! I love the clothes from the post-WW2 era and into the Fifties, but I also adore the music of that time. The radio in my car is permanently tuned to the 40s Music channel on SXM radio. I also like to see men in smart gray suits, white shirts and tasteful silk ties.
Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes
Weimar Republic era, Germany 1918-1933
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes

Le Dynasty in Vietnam