Forum error?

last reply
22 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I keep getting this error every 3rd or 4th time I try to go to a forum page or refresh a forum page.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Site administrator
0 likes
There is a hardware/server issue which is being addressed. Normal service will resume shortly as they say smile.
0 likes
Thanks, John. I've had it, too, but being in IT just assumed it was something like that.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Good to hear it isn't just me. I kept getting it on my laptop so I tried on my phone and got the same thing. I'm sure the Techies will have it licked in no time!
Lurker
0 likes
Since the forum error problem started the website is too slow. It will take a long time to be fixed?
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by Maryana
Since the forum error problem started the website is too slow. It will take a long time to be fixed?

It shouldn't be slow anymore. Gav has added some tweaks to the database on Friday to improve performance and keep away the blue error bars. For me, it's been fast since then. Are there any parts (forum overview, accessing individual threads, stories lists, profiles e.g.) that are especially slow for you?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ChrissieLecker

It shouldn't be slow anymore. Gav has added some tweaks to the database on Friday to improve performance and keep away the blue error bars. For me, it's been fast since then. Are there any parts (forum overview, accessing individual threads, stories lists, profiles e.g.) that are especially slow for you?

Almost everything but not all the time.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by Maryana

Hm, it's currently really fast here, so it's probably not the site itself. I also accessed Lush in logged out status to make sure it's not the banner ads, and it was still fast. Can you try with a different computer or see if clearing your browser's cache helps?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Maryana

same here for a few good days now. and i cleaned up my laptop - no changes, which is quite surprising since in general everything works really fast for me.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I have been getting this error a lot today. The forums have been very slow today.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Got it periodically for the last week.
Matriarch
0 likes
We "upgraded" to the commercial version of MS SQL (the database which powers the forum) a week or so ago. Initially, it was flying, worked beautifully. However, that was short lived.

Gav is looking into it.

Apologies all.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
We "upgraded" to the commercial version of MS SQL (the database which powers the forum) a week or so ago. Initially, it was flying, worked beautifully. However, that was short lived.

Gav is looking into it.

Apologies all.

No worries. We are patient bunch, as long as you guys know that something is off. I don't enter threads like this, because for me lush is working splendidly, and I thought that something must be wrong since I wasn't able to enter forums or profiles..
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for the answers.
0 likes
Actually, I'm finding it better today, but I've only been on for short spells so maybe just not getting it for that reason.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Actually, I'm finding it better today, but I've only been on for short spells so maybe just not getting it for that reason.

Gav: "I've changed some of the transaction isolation levels for the database."

Nicola: You did what now?

Translation: it should be fixed.

For now, Gav is monitoring where bottlenecks are occurring, and fixing issues accordingly.

Please let me know if you encounter further problems.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by nicola

For now, Gav is monitoring where bottlenecks are occurring, and fixing issues accordingly.

That makes perfect sense ...

I suspect he means he switched it off and on again or swore at it then kicked it.
Classified
0 likes
Apparently it has been due to certain Lush members trying to introduce pussy eating to the North Koreans!
Its has resulted in a reactionary cyber attack.

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
Quote by nicola

I suspect he means he switched it off and on again or swore at it then kicked it.

Gav: *pokes database* hey, why aren't you answering, lazy girl?

Database: Girl? I am... I mean, We Are The Queen of Knowledge! Thou shallst not ask annoying questions of Us whilst We are busy writing!

Gav: By my Jedi powers... *stares hard into the database's one good eye and draws his light sabor. Crickets chirp, after a while, violins play a staccato, then he flicks a switch* let's be clear, if someone asks something, you just spit it out, writing or not, or I'll grill your ass!

Database: But We Are... *looks at the switch and starts to tremble* uhm, okay, Gav, I will.
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Actually, it's a bit more high-powered than that (just barely within my level of understanding of database technology) but those are legitimate IT troubleshooting tactics that I frequently resort to.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
https://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postsm1985688_Cum-on-your-face.aspx#1985688 shows the following message at the top:

Got exception = '' is not a valid 24 digit hex string. source = MongoDB.Bson stacktrace = at MongoDB.Bson.ObjectId.Parse(String s) at yaf.controls.DisplayPost.FormatUserBox() at ASP.forum_controls_displaypost_ascx.__DataBind__control6(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\sites\lushstories.com\Forum\controls\DisplayPost.ascx:line 30 at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at yaf.pages.posts.BindData() at yaf.pages.posts.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Matriarch
0 likes
I've had 2 forum crashes today, after a week without any. Gav is aware.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm lush-ing on my phone and got the same error for the second time ever just now. First time was 3-4 days ago, I think. Never had the issue in my laptop.

Also, when I tried to view a certain member's profile, I got a security warning that says "there are problems with the security certificate for this site. The name of the site does not match the name on the certificate." Thought I'd mention it here because, like the forum error, I've never encountered the like. Or maybe it's just my phone?