What happened to you in that year?

last reply
348 replies
16.0k views
5 watchers
16 likes
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Here's the game... The person before you will pick a year, (but no more than 30 years back) and you have to tell us something you were doing in that year, or something significant that happened to you. Just give us a memory from your life that occurred that year. Then give the next person another year.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
Here's the game... The person before you will pick a year, (but no more than 30 years back) and you have to tell us something you were doing in that year, or something significant that happened to you. Just give us a memory from your life that occurred that year. Then give the next person another year.

That was year of Hurricane Fran that wrecked havoc in eastern NC. I did some simple claims work for a small insurance company.

That experience took a heavy emotional toll on me, and when I stopped by to visit a FWB, the joining of our bodies was a wonderful release of the tension and frayed nerves / emotions for me. I’ll NEVER forget that.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On April 17th, a fertilizer plant in West, Texas exploded. killing 15 people, nine of whom were most of the area's first responders. It was overshadowed by the terrorist attack in Boston on the same day.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
My youngest sister was born, and I turned 10.

Chat Moderator
0 likes
The year I turned 40 smile

characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
1999 I celebrated the tenth year of employment at a job I hated but it fed the kids.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
1989 - My twin and I got in a fight about what posters we were going to hang in our room, and she swung a poster tube at me and the jagged metal end caught me above my left eye. It bled and bled! I still have the scar to this day, and cover it with make-up.

Lurker
0 likes
Saturday October 27th, 2007. I first met the love of my life.. Amy Gray at a Halloween Party.. I have nothing else to say...
Lurker
0 likes
I'll never forget it, and to think, I nearly didn't go......

What happened to you in 2018?
0 likes
So far? I had minor surgery to remove a cyst (turned out to be four cysts in a clump). Still feeling that one a little.

Tinker Bell
0 likes
1999 ~ the year I got married

Please read my naughty new Micro.

~Famished~

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/famished-1

The Bruiser
0 likes
Quote by BabygirlCara
Saturday October 27th, 2007. I first met the love of my life.. Amy Gray at a Halloween Party.. I have nothing else to say...

Quote by AmyWoo
I’ll never forget it, and to think, I nearly didn’t go......

I can’t believe I managed to pick the year you both met

For the past few months I’ve been using Instagram and been using the site to post my photography . Here’s the link to my profile 

https://www.instagram.com/farmerroger1/

My recommended read

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/amongst-the-arabian-sands

here’s a link to my photography album in my media

https://www.lushstories.com/profile/farmerroger/media?album=2399646

Lurker
0 likes
Yay. You hit the nail on the head there Roger. XX

How was 2017?
Southern Barefoot Angel
0 likes
2017 ... Was an amazing year . filled with a lot of personal changes and made geat friends here .
News wise .. The Las Vegas mass shooting sticks in my mind .

Southern Barefoot Angel
0 likes
Quote by Soleil_Rouge
2017:

Started college for the first time in 20 years smile

Oops missed this one 1992
16 yr old HS sophomore just running the rat race of popularity.
John Gotti sentenced to life in prison
Bill Clinton elected president
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Let's do...

Chat Moderator
0 likes
Do me? Haha.... 1997... the year I was hired for the greatest job I've ever had smile

characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
2013 - I gave my dad an ultimatum, and started the legal process of dissolving TC's trust fund, and Nicole broke up with me at the end of the year. :-(

Lurker
0 likes
I got engaged

Lurker
0 likes
I was 10 and got to sing in the Christmas pageant. My whole family showed up to cheer me on and I forgot the lyrics!

Lurker
0 likes
I went back to school, part-time, to get my Masters.

0 likes
1999 - Enjoying my Sophomore year of High School

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
2005 - I went from interning at a Columbus political consulting firm to being an associate, and moved into a loft condo in the Short North owned by my dad's business partner.