last reply
46 replies
4.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
KO, many thanks for reserecting this thread

If Nic ever feels the need to pull the plug on Stories Space, IMO, Lush writers will have suffered a loss.

SS has a rating system for stories going from never getting out of the batter's box to second base. Third base and home run stories are best left here on Lush. And since the site is 'family friendly' no nekkid bodies or any 'nasty' comments...please.

Sometimes, it's fun to take a Lush story and try to mainstream it into a piece suitable for Stories Space and vice versa. It's called 'writing for the market' and is not a bad skill to acquire.

BTW, I tried to use KO's story link but something went strange. It's a first rate fantasy and well worth your checking out. Anyway, here's another link. If it doesn't work, just go to Stories Space and look to the top of the story's list.

http://www.storiesspace.com/stories/romance-/a-fairy-tale-of-true-love-triumphant-.aspx

newbie SS mod
RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, I've said this for a while about StoriesSpace, more affectionately known as blue.

It is a great site, and I hope more red members come over. Membership there, last count was 2,887. For
such a wonderful site, almost a mirror image of red, minus the debauchery, it's an undeserving number.

Also, there you will see how impactful DirtyMartini was. He posted in forums about publishing places
seeking submissions.

So many of us post little stories and poems that don't work here. But we also can re-post certain
love poems or amended pieces that do. Those that want to try their hand at writing, SS is a great place
to start because there are genres that are less than 100 words. Give it a go!!!

If you need a break from all the consequence-free cyber sex... go to blue.
Rebel just for kicks
0 likes
Quote by Ping
Yes, I've said this for a while about StoriesSpace, more affectionately known as blue.

It is a great site, and I hope more red members come over. Membership there, last count was 2,887. For
such a wonderful site, almost a mirror image of red, minus the debauchery, it's an undeserving number.

Also, there you will see how impactful DirtyMartini was. He posted in forums about publishing places
seeking submissions.

So many of us post little stories and poems that don't work here. But we also can re-post certain
love poems or amended pieces that do. Those that want to try their hand at writing, SS is a great place
to start because there are genres that are less than 100 words. Give it a go!!!

If you need a break from all the consequence-free cyber sex... go to blue.

A break from cyber sex? That's possible?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had no idea it was there, but it certainly looks intriguing. I just rewrote a story that was up for a few days, but after reconsideration by the mods, was pulled (understandingly so). Admittedly, it is certainly not your typical fodder for Lush. I't's nice to know there's an outlet for those times when sex is not the point.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by RumpleForeskin
KO, many thanks for reserecting this thread

If Nic ever feels the need to pull the plug on Stories Space, IMO, Lush writers will have suffered a loss.

SS has a rating system for stories going from never getting out of the batter's box to second base. Third base and home run stories are best left here on Lush. And since the site is 'family friendly' no nekkid bodies or any 'nasty' comments...please.

Sometimes, it's fun to take a Lush story and try to mainstream it into a piece suitable for Stories Space and vice versa. It's called 'writing for the market' and is not a bad skill to acquire.

BTW, I tried to use KO's story link but something went strange. It's a first rate fantasy and well worth your checking out. Anyway, here's another link. If it doesn't work, just go to Stories Space and look to the top of the story's list.

http://www.storiesspace.com/stories/romance-/a-fairy-tale-of-true-love-triumphant-.aspx

newbie SS mod

Thanks for the heads up on my failed link, I have edited the post and all the links work.
0 likes
I've been meaning to join SS for ages! (so, i just did....)

I'm Ava there: http://www.storiesspace.com/ava

And... I just submitted my first non-erotic story. I have a few that I was trying to market to specific contests or anthologies a few years ago and they never got picked up. It would be nice to have them read anyway.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
The Blue site definitely needs more devotees, so if you're not there, you're square! You'll find me there as La Jumelle Mauvaise. If any of you have missed me writing here on Lush the past year, I have a new story (the first in a series) posted on StoriesSpace that I'm very proud of...

http://www.storiesspace.com/stories/general/the-mohawk-cabin-chapter-1.aspx

The quality of this story is perhaps the finest piece of writing / story telling Ive read on either site. I urge you to give it a chance. What I do NOT understand is why it was not at least awarded a thumbs up or higher recognition.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm there too.

I have 2 back to back recommended reads. My writing there probably explains a lot about me.
Awesome Lady
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
The Blue site definitely needs more devotees, so if you're not there, you're square! You'll find me there as La Jumelle Mauvaise. If any of you have missed me writing here on Lush the past year, I have a new story (the first in a series) posted on StoriesSpace that I'm very proud of...

http://www.storiesspace.com/stories/general/the-mohawk-cabin-chapter-1.aspx

This was a huge delight to find and read. Soooo looking forward to chapter 2.

Blue is so relaxing and feels so nice all the time. Lovely people and so wish we had more Lush (Red) people join. I worry constantly that without more members (all free) it will just fall apart.

I am excited at the people in this thread that have joined already .
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Nah, there's no Think Tank there

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I go by the name GossamerAndGrey and I've a few bits of randomness over there, lol.
And as imagination bodies forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet’s pen
Turns them to shapes and gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name.
– William Shakespeare (from A Midsummer Night’s Dream)
0 likes
Use the same name there as here (probably shouldn't but I signed up there years ago mostly to check it out and didn't think at the time I'd be a writer there). Only one story there right now but if I can ever get my mind from thinking about sex (fat chance on that, eh) I might start publishing more there.
0 likes
I check out stuff on Storiesspace quite regularly. I find it refreshing
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
I'm also Wilful over there.

I tried my hand at a sample chapter of a thriller novel I had in mind, called Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. I'd love it if you'd check it out and let me know what you think.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes
Mmmm. Sounds interesting. I might check it out. I sometimes write crime stories that are non-erotic.