last reply
32 replies
5.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

FUCK All Y'All... I've never talked properly to Curly Girl in my life!!!!!! (And I might never talk to Clum or Sprite again...) I don't know Annie and I don't know Tashetgo...

SERIOUSLY... The competitions are High End WORK... Like I said, we've all watched these writers blossom... SOME are personal friends of mine... That CAN'T enter into a decision about quality or placing... YOU JUDGE THE PIECE... ("It is the tale, not who tells it...")

you made me sad. and yeah, seriously, i think it would be hard to judge these things - i was every asked, i would probably turn it down, cause it's hard to separate that stuff, sometimes. (next time, i make the bribes bigger - apparently, you can't get much for $1 these days...).

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

you made me sad. and yeah, seriously, i think it would be hard to judge these things - i was every asked, i would probably turn it down, cause it's hard to separate that stuff, sometimes. (next time, i make the bribes bigger - apparently, you can't get much for $1 these days...).

Come and sit on Auntie Stephanie's lap and I'll tell you where you went wrong, Sweetie......

xx SF

(I'm going to rot in Hell.....)
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by clum
This might have been useful a month or so ago:

http://writetodone.com/2008/07/30/how-to-write-funny/

Congrats, Annie, Tashtego and CG (enjoy that spud!).

Tip #1: Be the joke. There’s only one way to make fun of something without offending anyone else, and that’s if you’re making fun of yourself. Your readers will welcome the invitation to laugh with you. This applies to poking fun at your accoutrements as well – parents, spouses, siblings, children, dogs, hamsters and fish. Never make fun of the cat.

As witnessed by my assatar, I always make the most of tip #1.

Quote by Stephanie
For the first time ever in my Lush judging career, my first choice won! (Congratulations CG!!!!!)

Ahh, so I have you to thank for all of that potatoey goodness. I can't imagine how hard it was to judge this comp. Thanks to everyone who had that difficult job.