Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Remove the "Top Authors for the month" section?

last reply
63 replies
6.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes

Top Author's List - remove or keep?

30 votes remaining
Remove (19 votes) 63%
Keep (19 votes) 63%
John Malkovich (14 votes) 47%
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Some people prefer mediocrity over excellence. Like giving a trophy to every team that participated so they all don't get their little feelings hurt.

Political correctness makes me want to vomit! Competition spurs excellence. Set a goal and work hard to achieve it. If you don't make it get, your ass in gear and try again.

Keep the "Top Authors for the Month" section!

I love this man. In a manly way. I enjoy most popular lists, 1 to 5 ratings, votes, competition, and all that stuff. The more the better. It's fun to see what people react to and like. It would be disappointing if any of it were removed. I agree that maybe this Top Author list could be improved with a minimum of votes or something, I really don't get how it works.
Lurker
0 likes
Admittedly it has been nice to see my name on there a few times, but as other stories hit so quickly your name can be there one second and gone the next. I think I would say have it removed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
All those "complaining" need to relax. Writing like everything else is subjective and there can be no perfect system of rating that will satisfy everyone. Each writer finds his own audience irrespective of any rating system. It's fun to have competitions (even though I can't enter or win) and it's fun to have "top authors" and "story picks" of the month. Let's all ease up on the administration and take everything in stride. If people want to offer input and constructive comments on improving the site that's great, but if it comes across as "complaining" then it has obviously not been advanced in the most diplomatic manner.

I recall my father advising me "the world is not fair". Sage advice I'm sure you've all received at various points in your life. I've read stunningly good stories on here that have very few views, few comments and are hardly "rated" at all. On the other hand there are stories I think are total crap that get tons of views, lots of comments and are "rated" highly? Jeez, I guess I'm an idiot for appreciating these stories? Oh well, personal taste.

The site does not purport to tell you what YOU should like or appreciate in the stories. The ratings and other features are just a good bit of fun and hopefully a helpful guide to what others appreciated.

Hey another two copper pennies contributed in the spirit of "my two cents"!

For me, keep the feature, I'm good with it.
Matriarch
0 likes
I like you more and more with each post John!

Merry Xmas, and bottoms up
Lurker
0 likes
Keep it. Rehashing what others have said, the whiners will whine no matter what; competition is nice; it's better for some writers.
Why get rid of it just because people are whining when they don't get on?

You can't please everyone; I'm really appreciative that you try to make it enjoyable for everyone Nicola, I really do. It's amazing how you always ask us on our opinions about your site.
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks Aaannn.

As we decided to keep it, I'll close the thread off now.