last reply
190 replies
11.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
hi all

as some of you are aware we have introduced a new responsive design for people accessing the desktop site on a mobile device.

please use this thread for pointing out any issues you experience.

so far i have:

* missing who's online link
* unable to select a friend on the member settings page
* clicking friends avatar on friends list does not always bring up the context menu
* add an option to revert back to desktop design

Breaking: The context menu of options for a member is now available by clicking on their avatar, no longer their name.
Code Monkey
0 likes
* can no longer can I remove pictures from the albums there’s no options once you add to the album
The Linebacker
0 likes
I with all my soul prefer the previous desktop version for my phone mobile, and on my desktop.
Mana wahine
0 likes
There are 'gaps' on my profile page, and when logged in the box to update a blog post/post pictures is all small and squished in.

Testing The Waters.
0 likes
Very minor issue, but on "My Stories" the Display Date listing has a fraction of an overlap with the links on my Galaxy S9 in portrait. Fine in landscape. No issues on tablets. So you may need to tweak it a little for some narrow displays. It shouldn't affect functionality, but it just looks off with them overlapping that way.

The desktop display for that page changing was disconcerting, but there's nothing really wrong with it other than it's different. Just my OCD rebelling against change.
Cat lover =^..^=
0 likes
In the chat rooms when posting a picture, small pictures are expanded and distorted.
The "report" button can barely be seen on the left.
The Linebacker
0 likes
My bio page on the phone is okay, though massively important things like stories are now only a link. I am extremely dissapointed in that. Stories are what this place is about. I'd think, we as authors would want our top stories to be prominent and seen by anyone accessing our page.

I absolutely loved our bio pages the way they were. Like Coca-Cola, when it is already great, why change it?

On my desktop computer, my bio page is a mess. Large blank areas, then you finally see something if you scroll down a long way.

Just restoring the desktop site back would be great, with an option to have it for the phone.

But this mobile version is much better than the old one.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with Buzz above. Why change a good thing. I loved the previous displays also that you could hoover over and send an IM message. now, you click on the name and then scroll way to the bottom etc. to find a line to click on to send IM message. extra keystrokes and time. Also, this does not show well on a cell phone or IPAD. too large.. Too hard to find stories. I liked to see everything in one view..

Loved seeing what my friends or stories someone had read. I felt oh, if they read them and commented must be good and I would go read those stories also......

Please, Please, can you send me back to what we had yesterday????? This is wasting my time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with Buzz above. Why change a good thing. I loved the previous displays also that you could hoover over and send an IM message. now, you click on the name and then scroll way to the bottom etc. to find a line to click on to send IM message. extra keystrokes and time. Also, this does not show well on a cell phone or IPAD. too large.. Too hard to find stories. I liked to see everything in one view..

Loved seeing what my friends or stories someone had read. I felt oh, if they read them and commented must be good and I would go read those stories also......

Please, Please, can you send me back to what we had yesterday????? This is wasting my time.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Working through all these issue, please bear with me!

In the meantime there is an option now to disable the responsive style sheet:

0 likes
I checked to see how it looks and this is how it looks for me:

Is it because of my screen resolution?
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I with all my soul prefer the previous desktop version for my phone mobile, and on my desktop.

There will be some teething problems over the coming weeks I'm sure.

It sounds like we may need to add a "Switch to Classic Lush" mode for those who don't like change / while we're in transition.

If you can give us as much information as possible about what's not working for you from a user's perspective, with screenshots if you can, we'll try and address any issues as best as we can.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Buz
My bio page on the phone is okay, though massively important things like stories are now only a link. I am extremely dissapointed in that. Stories are what this place is about. I'd think, we as authors would want our top stories to be prominent and seen by anyone accessing our page.

I absolutely loved our bio pages the way they were. Like Coca-Cola, when it is already great, why change it?

We have collapsed the "Stories" on the bio page, as if someone had say 250 stories, it would require endless scrolling. How about we had that section expanded to say 5 of the person's latest stories loaded by default, like the "About" section, with a link to see more?

Quote by Buz
On my desktop computer, my bio page is a mess. Large blank areas, then you finally see something if you scroll down a long way.

Just restoring the desktop site back would be great, with an option to have it for the phone.

But this mobile version is much better than the old one.

The profiles CSS is being worked on. I have noticed a few issues with the RHS not wrapping correctly for example.

Gav has a big list of issues which will be fixed up in due course.

Please keep the feedback coming folks!
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by gav
Working through all these issue, please bear with me!

In the meantime there is an option now to disable the responsive style sheet:

Brilliant, thanks Gav!

I'll post this as a separate sticky thread as there are a lot of people who either don't like change, or would prefer waiting until all the fixes are in place.

As you can imagine folks, it's going to be a work in progress for a few weeks or so, until we get it right.
0 likes
Hi, I’ve disabled the responsive sheet but the old desktop set up no longer works as it should. The red menu bar is split into two sections, the second line being below the red, so almost impossible to see and none of my account settings work.

Edit -everything works as it should from the Forum page but not from my profile page.
Matriarch
0 likes
Saucy, you might need to clear your cache to revert to the old style sheet.

If that doesn't work, it means Gav is working on the fixes.
0 likes

Hard to see it. It all runs together. But it does work, lol

Click below to see

Matriarch
0 likes
I get the same things as you guys when switching back to the original style sheet.

I think Gav rushed it out this morning and will need to tinker with it all over the coming days. There were a lot of page elements (or something like that!) which needed rewriting so it's not as simple as flicking a switch to the old style sheet unfrotunately.

Please keep the feedback coming. We'll get there soon enough.
0 likes
One noticeable hiccup when hovering over a friends avi on the Your Friends list is that it won't bring up context menu unless user has membership badge visible.

For Example:
SimplyJohn has Platinum badge visible on avi but Dudealicious doesn't which automatically takes me to Dudealicious profile even though he(Dudealicious) has Platinum membership.
Gav has Gold badge on avi and context menu pops up.

MisterE36 has free account(unless he has badge hidden) and when hovering over his avi it automatically takes me to his profile.

Most of the users on my list have Platinum membership badge visible and their context menu pops up.
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks for all your bug slaying IMPÜRETHOUGHTS!
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Hi:

When I switched back to desktop I can’t see my profile or mailbox etc. unless I’m in the forum. I can only see the home page. I cleared my cache and that’s how it’s displayed.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Simple Scribbler
0 likes
I logged on with my phone and feel like I am in the twilight zone - my avatar gone, friends gone, different friends, comments not on stories. It is like I am looking at a different database of information. I will read back through these comments and see if I can understand what is going on. I knew there was a Lush app or something on a different platform, but didn't understand it sad I really just want the same format and database of information from my laptop or my phone, if that is possible.
Simple Scribbler
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

One noticeable hiccup when hovering over a friends avi on the Your Friends list is that it won't bring up context menu unless user has membership badge visible.

For Example:
SimplyJohn has Platinum badge visible on avi but Dudealicious doesn't which automatically takes me to Dudealicious profile even though he(Dudealicious) has Platinum membership.
Gav has Gold badge on avi and context menu pops up.

MisterE36 has free account(unless he has badge hidden) and when hovering over his avi it automatically takes me to his profile.

Most of the users on my list have Platinum membership badge visible and their context menu pops up.

Oh my goodness, I wish my users at my client site were like you. I am a software developer and my users will just call and say, "It doesn't work." Ha! You give very good, useful, detailed descriptions of what is going on. You have no idea how helpful that is to the programmer! Thank you!!! smile
Partner-in-Lust / Cummunist
0 likes
Hi!
I can't seem to find the tabs that used to be on the Mailbox, like the Online or Chat tabs where you could retrieve previous messages.
Maybe it's just me sad
Curiosity is one of those insatiable passions that grow by gratification.