My two scents ...

last reply
1 reply
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, as anyone that is fond of cooking knows simply throwing something on the stove usually turns into an elaborate battle not to use every single utensil, bowl and pan.

The goal was to simply make a burger using a pre-made patty. Easy enough, right? Well! How can you have a burger without carmelizing the onions right? I mean come on! And if you're going to caramelize onions for a burger you need bacon-fat to do it properly right?

So three slices of bacon, onions, garlic and some rosemary later and my house smells amazing! Yeah, I got around to the burger, and the whole thing was delectable but the onions were the star of that meal. And that's including the bacon which is my favorite indulgence.

So rather than starting a thread documenting my journey into obesity, what's your favorite sauce, topping or accompaniment? What little twist do you do to make a simple recipe you own?
Lurker
0 likes
I like making fresh hamburgers i get a little meat then make a dip part in the center. I put a onion and then put more meat on top. That way your onion is in the burger and not as much mess. I add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning after I turn it over twice.