Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

1001 reasons why Scandinavia is almost as cool as Canada (for Noll)

last reply
54 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
32.In Denmark, if you're not married by the age of 30 you get a pepper shaker as a gift. Men are called Pepperman and females Peppermaid. The reason is unknown.....
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96

The Swedes I know claim he sounds actually more Norwegian.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Unfuckwithable
0 likes
33. Norway has 450,000 freshwater lakes...compared to Canada's poultry 32,000
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Troublemaker
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad
33. Norway has 450,000 freshwater lakes...compared to Canada's poultry 32,000

Outrageous! Miss App you are counting Norway's ponds, puddles and water fountains. If you compare apples to apples Canada has an estimated 2 million lakes....the 32,000 figure is only the big ones...
Charming as fuck
0 likes
The Swedish word for wedding/marriage is bröllop.

Best. Word. Ever smile
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
btw, i'm part swedish. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ

Outrageous! Miss App you are counting Norway's ponds, puddles and water fountains. If you compare apples to apples Canada has an estimated 2 million lakes....the 32,000 figure is only the big ones...

Google NEVER lies

But, just to calm your outraged sensibilities;

37. Norway's landmass is 7% water, whereas Canada is 9% water. The lakes are obviously fewer, but bigger. (According to Google)

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by Jen
The Swedish word for wedding/marriage is bröllop.

Best. Word. Ever smile

Yes, I always think Mozart's "Le nozze di Figaro" sounds much more fun in Swedish, as "Figaro's bröllop".

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lelo,maker of the world's best sex toys!!
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Best thread ever!
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Quote by Jen
saga!!

Troublemaker
0 likes
39. The first European settlers in North America were actually Vikings in approx. 1000AD, 500 years before Columbus got lost. They settled in what is now Newfoundland, Canada.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
39. The first European settlers in North America were actually Vikings in approx. 1000AD, 500 years before Columbus got lost. They settled in what is now Newfoundland, Canada.

492 actually.

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
English Gentleman
0 likes
when i was in Denmark everyone i mean EVERYONE spoke English and they were really nice and welcoming.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by SeanR83
when i was in Denmark everyone i mean EVERYONE spoke English and they were really nice and welcoming.

It's the same in England....well, we speak English..most of us

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
40. Amsterdam.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by sprite
40. Amsterdam.

Sex museums, but...

Scandinavia. ??

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Troublemaker
0 likes
41. They send nannies to North America that look like this:

And boy can she swing a golf club!
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
42. King Harald of Norway vowed to remain unmarried for life unless he could marry his true love, who was the daughter of a cloth merchant. They both later married with help from the Government of Norway and she became the Queen of Norway.

43. Norway has the World’s biggest sovereign fund, where it has been saving almost all the money it gets from the sale of oil and is worth almost a trillion dollars.

44. Norway introduced salmon sushi to the Japanese

45. Norway has very strict rules on advertising cars as “green” – saying “cars can do nothing good for the environment except less damage than others”

46. Norway has a minimum security island-prison where inmates are almost free to do as they wish. The criminals prisoned there are among Norway’s worst, but it has the lowest rate of re-offending in Europe, if not the world.

47. Norway gets 98-99% of its electricity from hydroelectric power, more than any other country

48. Norway stopped investing money into Walmart after determining that the company is guilty of “serious violations of fundamental ethical norms.”

49. The relative number of English speakers is higher in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and The Netherlands than it is in Canada.

50. Sweden is so good at recycling, it now runs out of garbage to recycle and now imports garbage from Norway to fuel its energy programs

51. Dying is illegal in Longyearbyen, Norway because the town’s small graveyard stopped accepting bodies after discovering the permafrost prevented the bodies from decomposing.

52. The archipelago of Lofoten in Norway is north of the Arctic Circle. Yet because of the largest positive temperature anomaly in the world relative to latitude, it is teeming with life and has the largest deep water coral reef in the word.

53. The people of Oslo, Norway donate the Trafalgar Square Christmas tree in London every year in gratitude to the people of London for their assistance during WWII.

54. To encourage more men to assume a greater share of care-giving responsibilities, Norwegian law states that 14 weeks of parental leave is reserved for fathers. Norway is the first country to introduce compulsory paternity leave.

55. In 2008, Norway knighted a penguin.

56. It is illegal to spay or neuter your dog in Norway except under specific circumstances regarding health, quality of life, or utility.

57. Voss water is just water from the municipal water supply in Iveland, Norway

58. In 1999, Norway granted refuge to an U.S. drug smuggler because the Norwegian Supreme Court declared that U.S. prisons do not meet “minimum humanitarian standards.”

59. In 1251, Henry III of England was given a polar bear by the King of Norway. He kept it in the Tower of London, on a long chain so that it could swim in the Thames.

60. In 2011, Norway went through a nationwide butter shortage, where smugglers would often get caught smuggling butter and online auctions for one packet of butter reached as high as $77.

61. IKEA names sofas, coffee tables, bookshelves, media storage and doorknobs after places in Sweden; beds, wardrobes and hall furniture after places in Norway; carpets after places in Denmark and dining tables and chairs after places in Finland.

62. The former Prime Minister of Norway Jens Stoltenberg used to play Age of Empire as “Steklov”, his KGB code name.

63. In Norway, income and wealth are public record, easily viewable online

64. The popular 90’s energy drink ‘SURGE’ can still be bought in Norway under the name ‘URGE’

65. During the Nazi invasion of Norway, the Norwegian King was defended by some members of a local rifle club

66. Norway has won the largest number of Gold, Silver and Bronze medals of all countries in the Winter Olympics.

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Troublemaker
0 likes
67. Meeri Raisanen, Finnish National Team

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
67. Meeri Raisanen, Finnish National Team

Since you're Canadian I presume it's the Finnish National Ice Hockey Team ;)

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

English Gentleman
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad

It's the same in England....well, we speak English..most of us

lol. well im english and being in denmark i was sure no one would speak english. they were really nice.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by SeanR83

lol. well im english and being in denmark i was sure no one would speak english. they were really nice.

It's the same in Holland supposedly. They are taught English as a second language, but obviously nothing to do with Scandinavia...

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad

It's the same in Holland supposedly. They are taught English as a second language, but obviously nothing to do with Scandinavia...

Very true. English really is our second language and we're absolutely no part of Scandinavia.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i