Login

last reply
15 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
What are your opinions on all that 2012 end of the world stuff. I personally find it kind of stupid.
Forum Whore
0 likes
I agree. The world didn't end June 6th, 2006. So I think we're okay. Did anyone ever think that the reason Mayans ended the calender at 2012 because they realized that they'd be long gone by that time? Or perhaps the conquerors murdered most of them.....? I dunno, but I agree that it's kinda dumb.
Lurker
0 likes
Or maybe they dropped the rest of the calander.
Forum Whore
0 likes
lol yeah, I dunno, the scribe tripped and the tablets sorta cracked? or the parchment fell into a lake!
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Its a crock just like when 2000 hit. Now my step son's girlfriend is convinced something is going to happen, and she is freaking! 19 year olds.....lol
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Forum Whore
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
Its a crock just like when 2000 hit. Now my step son's girlfriend is convinced something is going to happen, and she is freaking! 19 year olds.....lol

I resent that, I'm not convinced that the world's gonna end...although I'm 18 instead of nineteen...hmmm...*shrug*
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No need to panic folks, the winter solstice of 2012 is merely the end of the fourth age of man. The mayan calendar is divided up into blocks of 5,000 years and the mayn calendar goes on to state that there is a fifth age of man. It's just a cycle in the same way we recognise the end of a decade or a century with more significance than a regular single, boring year.

OMG, my geek genes have finally paid off.

FYI - if the world does come to an apocalypic end in 2012 please do not waste your time trying to hold me to the above.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think the Mayans were trying to tell us all to mark our calendars to make sure we all knew that it was the last day on earth and how do you plan on it all ending? Personally, I do hope to be passed out exhausted from a week long marathon of sex, ticking off Boxes of various sexual positions. Go out with an orgasm? Can you imagine your conversation with Saint Peter?

Saint Peter; And you my child, how did you die?
Me; Well Saint Peter darling, you see? I was trying out various yoga poses while my boyfriend found ways of having his way with me.
Saint Peter; Are you telling me you died while having sex?
Me; I am indeed. I even got to finish.
Saint Peter; Gold star for you! And here are your wings and corset!
Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Forum Whore
0 likes
Quote by Woman
Saint Peter; Gold star for you! And here are your wings and corset!

Lurker
0 likes
The Mayans were just regular human beings wern't they? If we could not predict the end of the world, then how could they.
Lurker
0 likes
Why would anyone care if the world comes to an end in 2012 when your own life in actual fact could end at any moment
Lurker
0 likes
I watched that movie this weekend!

Im not afraid or anything "books ticket too south africa", nahh heard this thing about what the Chinese believe in, "Phones friends who live in the Drakensberg", according to them the only reason why people believe that 2012 is the end of the world is because the Chinese calendar book ran out of paper at 2012 and they never started a new one from there... very simple really "Mwhahaha, Ill be safe in the Drakensberg while you all suffer the eternal doom."
Lurker
0 likes
YAWNS Sounds to me like Y2K all over again if you ask me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by bikebum1975
YAWNS Sounds to me like Y2K all over again if you ask me.

Me too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
*smokes cigarette* nothing's going to happen. It's all hype just like the whole y2k thing.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
2012? Here I was thinking it was about the US election......lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by mizzoubaseball
What are your opinions on all that 2012 end of the world stuff.

Superstitious nonsense.

What will actually happen is on June 6 2012 Venus will make her second transit across the sun.
The Divine Femine will be at her strongest and harmonious balance will be restored.
The benefits will be enormous, even finances will improve dramatically.

Edit: Here's a pic of the 2004 Transit of Venus

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
don't know what to believe. I think something might happen but not because the mayans predicted it but more because the earth is going through some changes. It has happened before and its just a matter of time before the cycle restarts itself again.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Guess 2012 is as good a guess as anyone elses.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Maybe I won't pay my taxes in 2011. haha
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Kickinback54
2012? Here I was thinking it was about the US election......lol

The Mayan thing is interesting...

I personally don´think anything will happen... but just for the sake of it i might just let loose the night before.