Need advice

last reply
8 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My fiancé and I are expecting our first child soon. Any advice? I can lead a group of men and keep them alive but this is a little beyond me. And advice tips and heads up will be greatly appreciated
Lurker
0 likes
Just give your wife alot of support and make sure you're there when the baby is born. Offer to do the shopping, do some cooking, clean the house etc, stay up with the baby so she can sleep, stuff like that.

Oh and let her know you still find her sexy and attractive. She might not be in the mood for sex for a little while but make she knows you still want her
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gimmesumpussy
... advice tips and heads up will be greatly appreciated
Encourage her to breast feed. She will get great pleasure from it, and you won't have to get up in the middle of the night.
News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) via charmbrights@yahoo.co.uk
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by charmbrights
Encourage her to breast feed. She will get great pleasure from it, and you won't have to get up in the middle of the night.

How nice that will be for him to get a good nights sleep
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Forget about sleep as yo know it.....It really isn't that bad, honest! Just make sure at least one of you sleep when the baby does. This doesn't last forever,but you will need to do this so you both don't end up like zombies. Furthermore, breastfeeding is the best thing for your wife, your baby, and you. My daughter was so small I had to help my wife by manipulating her breast so she could learn how to breast feed. Despite what you think the breast feeding thing is not automatic, it is learned just like everything else in life. Both the mom and the baby need how to work with each other. It is a real bonding thing that I wish most women would get to experience and enjoy. Another benifit is the cost savings in formula and a better immune system for your child. First and formost, enjoy the time you have with your child, time flys by way too fast.
Congradulations, and good luck.
Any idiot can destroy, it takes a special person to create, inspire others, & enhance life to its fullest.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First of all, congratulations!

My son is three years old now, and I still remember the first 3 months after he was born. We were new parents and got lots of stress. Most painful? Not enough sleep. My wife need to get up every 1.5-2 hrs for feeding.

Suggestions? Breast feeding and get a pump, so you can store the breast milk and re-heat it later. It helps your wife, too, coz then you can feed the baby and let she get some sleep.

There is a book helped us a lot. "What to expect, First year". You can find it in any 2nd hand book store, since you use it for, just the first year.

The other books helped us was "Baby Bargains". It tells you all the baby items, from crib to stroller, which brand/model is the best, price range, and why. So it's easier to make purchase decisions.

Oh, and join BabiesRUS and Target membership, so you can get their monthly coupon book for baby items. It will save you LOTS of money.

That said, good luck and enjoy being a dad! It's very hard for the first 3-6 months, but when you see your baby smile at you, it totally worth it.
Welcome to visit my tumblr page at http://HK4167.tumblr.com for erotic arts. Or http://slice-of-moment.tumblr.com for non-erotic arts.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
One small piece of advice as a reasonably recent mommy. Joking about "trying for number 2" while driving her and the new baby home from the hospital will get you punched. In the face. And you will have no one to blame but yourself.
Just an FYI.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My advice. Don't take anyone's advice. Learn it for yourself. Every child is different. What works for one may not work for another. It's not rocket science, you'll figure it out pretty quickly. Enjoy seeing your little one grow through your own eyes and not anyone else's.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
Hi gimmesumpussy, firstly congratulations!! The seed is strong huh?? lol

General advice that I would give is: Some advice IS useful, despite what LM above me says! Just take what you need and what sounds sensible/reasonable.

Go with what feels right for you guys. Ask lots of questions at antenatal appointments, talk to other people who've been through it. I found breastfeeding was great because it helped me to get a good night's sleep. (Baby slept with us, so it means that you don't have to wake up when baby needs fed, so lack of sleep wasn't really an issue - it's not for everyone of course)

Don't be frightened - it's not good for you, your partner or baby.

Educate yourself - probably the single most important thing - know what you may expect.

Joining 'groups' can be helpful - I am still good friends with otehr parents whom I met when I was expecting both of my children - these people are in the same situation as you - they want to talk about the same things and can offer support too when you need it (from a good old rant, to help with a little babysitting or whatever)

Mum will take time to heal and get used to being a mum (as you will a dad) help her! She'll need it and she'll need you to be her rottweiller when visitors come calling at inopportune moments - don't be scared to say NO!! Bear in mind that visitors will be happy to see you guys and help out - people like to feel useful, so don't be shy about accepting that - get your ironing, housework and stuff done!!

Talk to each other - voice your thoughts.

If I may recommend a book, it's one of the most helpful, down to earth ones - How to Raise a Healthy Child, In spite of your doctor - by Robert Johansson - It's great for solid information - you can pick it up cheap on amazon or borrow it from your library (maybe after baby is born)

One thing I've observed is that births rarely go exactly as expected and parents often feel disappointed - don't. Just be happy to get that wee baby in your arms...

Good luck you guys xxx