last reply
48 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Madam Carol
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo
Random acts of kindness? Bah humbug! You start doing stuff for people and pretty soon they will expect it.

Truer words were never spoken. Self love is not your problem. But as far as doing things for others, you'd give everything we own away if I didn't stop you.
Madam Carol
0 likes
Quote by sprite

so you can bag my groceries, right? smile

I'd bag you anytime cutie. ?
0 likes
Quote by vanessa26
Visiting people who you know are lonely
or donating to an animal shelter ..animals need kindness also smile

Give to ASPCA or RSPCA :-) Petsmart has the option to donate evertime you check out, so It's easy. It makes me feel less guilty whenever the sad commercials about neglected animals come on.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
produce shows that collect money for non-profit groups I love

dance at nursing homes

I also keep a bag filled with a few bottles of water, some socks, jerky and granola with a 5 spot for the inevitable homeless man I run into each week. I have also added a small bag of dog food for when the rare instances that I run into my fav homeless retriever and his human bi-ped.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Donate at the grocery checkout for school supplies, veteran's organizations, the food bank and cancer research.
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96
Donate at the grocery checkout for school supplies, veteran's organizations, the food bank and cancer research.

The food bank is my special charity. Everything else rotates from month-to-month (Local homeless animal shelters, women's shelters, very occasionally Planned Parenthood). I don't see a reason for hunger in this country and if you're not affiliated with a church, the food bank is your best option.

Bravo to you!
Snake Charmera
0 likes
I've made several dinner for a family in need. Bought school supplies and school clothes for the children as well as put money in an account for school activities for those children to go on field trips.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Burquette

The food bank is my special charity. Everything else rotates from month-to-month (Local homeless animal shelters, women's shelters, very occasionally Planned Parenthood). I don't see a reason for hunger in this country and if you're not affiliated with a church, the food bank is your best option.

Bravo to you!

And to you. We ARE our brother's keeper. The biggest life lesson I ever learned in Vietnam was that you never truly understand how important a buddy is until his dirty hands are the only things keeping your intestines inside your body and his words are the only distraction from the unspeakable pain. Listen to this song. It says it all.

Lurker
0 likes
Crochet blankets for your local humane society.
Lurker
0 likes
One time at the store I work at a young mom with 3 kids was short on paying for her groceries so I paid the rest for her ,it was only $25 but she started crying.Sometimes people are going through rough times so i try to help when i can
0 likes
I used to collect warm clothing every year for the homeless in a local park. The main focus was on jackets, gloves and blankets, but shoes, new socks and anything really was accepted. Some of these people wear the same thing for years. 'There but by the grace of God go I' as they say...

Maybe I should start doing that again. Christmas gives me the blues....

I also found a litter of feral kittens once and took them in, fed them, bathed them. Medicated their eyes, etc. Every one of them got a good home. Things like that fill me up, so helping out is really a by-product.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Lurker
0 likes
I gave my gift card to a young guy at work so he could get some mittens and a coat. He came down from a warmer state. I knew he wouldn't take anything from me so I slipped it in his locker at worker and wished him a Merry Christmas. But he knew right away who it was and thanked me with a hug.
0 likes
I'm spending this Christmas in the hospital with a sick loved one. If you are a nurse, or give care in a hospital, you ARE an act of kindness. I can't tell you how much the loving attention of a stranger matters. The attention may be their job but loving isn't...and they do that in droves.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
If I list my good deeds, I'd be negating the selflessness of the act. So, I either don't perform any RAoK, or I'm being incredibly modest. HEY! No wisecracks about my modesty, or lack thereof!

See my Forum Signature
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've decided to not talk about this stuff anymore. I don't really like to be second guessed by folks who don't know me as well as they think.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Once every year, I usually go back home to India and visit an orphanage that I came across. I usually go there sometime close to my birthday and have some nice hot meals prepped and taken to the kids, give all the kids some books and other stationary items and some toys. Always makes me smile to see the kids remember me as I walk through the doors.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Burquette
Back when the parking meters in my city were coin-operated, my favorite RAC was to feed expired meters.

These days, I like to buy meals for people at restaurants. Especially if they look like they're grumpy.

Any good ideas for other ways to brighten a stranger's day?

In real life I don't interact too much with people so I won't mention what I did or didn't, but, online I often try to offer emotional support to those in need. That's all I can do to some people, be a good person to them and try to make their life happier and ... But, in the future, I plan to do more things in real life.
"You can't stop perfection" - Meng Hao (character, main character)
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I have sex with nerds and geeks who are too shy to ask hot girls out on dates.