COVID Vaccination

last reply
89 replies
7.0k views
0 watchers
8 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Once the COVID vaccination becomes available will you take it? Why or why not?
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
Im a little leary on this one, mostly because I dont really trust big pharma, and this one was rushed, well, as it seems now.

I think I'll watch to see if the other villagers grow a 3rd boob, then consider it.
0 likes
Likely unless there seems to be a problem. As a type 2 diabetic (albeit with pretty good control) I am technically in a high risk group and a working vaccination would let me ease up a bit.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Yes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes.
Lurker
0 likes
The silent sheep will not need it !
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I dont think i would at the first onset of the vaccines. 1st phases of vaccines or even tech items or anything really is almost at the prototype phase where it is prone to error. or shall I say "unknown issues". it will take me years of convincing to get this. unless it was a requirement that die die I cannot say no to.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, no worries. I've never had an issue with any other vaccines I have gotten.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Most definitely! With the elderly and first responders getting it first the general public will have plenty of time to assess whether they want to get it or not!
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Yes, but I'll be in one of the last groups to get one. By that time, any adverse effects will have shown up.
0 likes
Being in the group after the first responders, I’m not sure. Having several underlying conditions I’m a bit worried. Milik and I have talk a lot about it, yet I’m still uneasy. Will for sure talk to my Dr first. My sister in law already received it, and has had no problems.

I guess in some opinions we, first responders and elderly and those with underlying problems are your guinea pigs. Glad to hear we are good for something.
Click below to see

Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
No, personally I don't think I have any reason I can think of, as to why I would need it,
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Most definitely.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
No.

I don't see myself from this point forward not wearing a face mask or gloves.
Partner-in-Lust / Cummunist
0 likes
I volunteered for the trial study of one of the vaccines, so there's a 50-50 chance I already had it.
Curiosity is one of those insatiable passions that grow by gratification.
Lurker
0 likes
Will give it a few months and then if there are no side effects with younger people I will get it.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I never could grasp the concept of shooting up with toxins to improve my health. So, NO! I won't take the COVID vaccine or any other.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Shoot me up.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by OldCuck
I never could grasp the concept of shooting up with toxins to improve my health. So, NO! I won't take the COVID vaccine or any other.

You are correct with the Common Flu shot, which does introduce tiny little parts of different flu viruses into your body. This triggers a reaction from your immune system — the processes in your body that fight off infection. Your immune system realizes these virus fragments shouldn't be in your body, and figures out how to destroy them.

But AFAIK The Pfizer/BioNTech Covid jab is an mRNA vaccine – a cutting-edge technology. The vaccine works by introducing into the body genetic material, called mRNA, that contains the instructions to make the so-called “spike” protein of the coronavirus (it dos not use any virus particles, like the Flu jab does).

In response to these proteins, the body’s immune pathways are activated – a response that offers protection should we encounter the virus itself.
So as far as is known, this vaccine dosn't introduce any toxins into the body.
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS
No.

I don't see myself from this point forward not wearing a face mask or gloves.

Vaccination won't prevent you from wearing a face mask or gloves.

0 likes
Quote by AvidlyCurious

I volunteered for the trial study of one of the vaccines, so there's a 50-50 chance I already had it.

Cool! And thanks for doing so.

Which vaccin was it? Will you be informed at some point whether you've had the vaccin or the placebo, and if so, when will that be?

Partner-in-Lust / Cummunist
0 likes
Quote by noll

Cool! And thanks for doing so.

Which vaccin was it? Will you be informed at some point whether you've had the vaccin or the placebo, and if so, when will that be?

Hi!
It's a study run by Fundación Huésped (it's an organisation focused on HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, diseases preventable by vaccines and other transmisible diseases such as dengue and zika, as well as sexual and reproductive health).
The vaccine they're testing is Cansino's Ad5-nCoV, it's a double-blind study.

For those who are a bit confused, the vaccine uses a harmless common cold virus (adenovirus) to carry genetic information of coronavirus' protein to elicit immune responses, this spike protein travel to the lymph nodes, where the immune system creates antibodies that will recognize that spike protein and fight off the coronavirus. They do not inject the 'virus', you don't get infected (not from the vaccine anyway).

I got the first shot, I have to take and register my temperature every day at the same time, and within two months I'll be called to get the second shot. So far, no side effects to report but it's only been a few days. The trial lasts 12 months. After that, they break the blind (that means they access the master record) to see which tests subjects got the vaccine or the placebo. Those who got the placebo will receive the vaccine at no cost.

Hope that helps smile
Curiosity is one of those insatiable passions that grow by gratification.
0 likes
Quote by AvidlyCurious

Hi!
It's a study run by Fundación Huésped (it's an organisation focused on HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, diseases preventable by vaccines and other transmisible diseases such as dengue and zika, as well as sexual and reproductive health).
The vaccine they're testing is Cansino's Ad5-nCoV, it's a double-blind study.

For those who are a bit confused, the vaccine uses a harmless common cold virus (adenovirus) to carry genetic information of coronavirus' protein to elicit immune responses, this spike protein travel to the lymph nodes, where the immune system creates antibodies that will recognize that spike protein and fight off the coronavirus. They do not inject the 'virus', you don't get infected (not from the vaccine anyway).

I got the first shot, I have to take and register my temperature every day at the same time, and within two months I'll be called to get the second shot. So far, no side effects to report but it's only been a few days. The trial lasts 12 months. After that, they break the blind (that means they access the master record) to see which tests subjects got the vaccine or the placebo. Those who got the placebo will receive the vaccine at no cost.

Hope that helps smile

It does ;)

I don't think I've heard of that vaccin before, as the media now focuses on the first vaccins that are approved. If Cansino's Ad5-nCoV vaccin turns out to be safe and effective then I hope you didn't get the placebo.

0 likes
Quote by noll

Vaccination won't prevent you from wearing a face mask or gloves.

True but I don't see myself getting the covid-19 vaccine.

Too many hiccups.
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS
True but I don't see myself getting the covid-19 vaccine.

Hopefully you won't need it.

Lurker
0 likes
i understand some anxiety around the vaccine, but i don't understand not getting it. this disease has no cure, and it doesn't appear that getting the disease leads to any meaningful long-term immunity. your options are to either get vaccinated, or to resign yourself to a when-not-if situation.

there's no judgment here. i don't think anyone is stupid or bad for the simple fact of declining the vaccine. i just don't understand the viable alternative.
Lurker
0 likes
The virtual inmates have a remedy !
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Absolutely. I'm a scientist at heart and I follow the science. However, vaccine or no vaccine, I think masks and social distancing are here to stay because even in the absence of the Covid/Coronavirus, it helps mitigate a variety of other respiratory illnesses such as influenza and the common cold.
Meagan
Lurker
0 likes
Absolutely.

I'm in a very low risk population and my health region only has 16 hospitalized cases, but i would take it simply because it would prevent me from spreading to other people. I will wait until the vulnerable get it first before I take it though. I want Seattle and Portland to get it first.
0 likes
Done, almost two weeks past administration of the Moderna product. And I'm not dead, my DNA hasn't changed, and whatever other nonsense is out there, is just that, nonsense.

Get the damn vaccine. It's a clusterfuck right now as states move to vaccinating Tier 2 patients, while people who should know better, who fall into the Tier 1A group (I was Tier1A(A), one of the first five hundred or so vaccinated in WA) are still being stupid and refusing the vaccine. Let's go with "there's not a lot of biochemistry and molecular biology taught in nursing and medical school" and leave it alone.

The Moderna product, the product that my employer abruptly switched to, does such a good job of imitating the *actual* virus that when you receive the second vaccine, you will have some kind of disabling reaction, not immediately but a few hours to several days later. Everything from numbness in weird places to your immune system going full elephant-on-meth, suppressing the manufacture of anything but "killer" T-cells, white blood cells remodeled to have one purpose before dying--kill the virus.

It's not fun, subjectively, but objectively, it's a super good sign that the Moderna product will prove out to be the best vaccine.

The Pfizer is more like a traditional vaccine, although none of the current vaccines in development or with Emergency Use Authorization are anything like traditional vaccines. It does not evoke the same immune response as the Moderna product. More like a tetanus shot than anything else. Antibodies are present in titers, as they are with the Moderna product, but the Pfizer product does not seem to evoke the same or any production of "killer" T-cells.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca product, no information.

The Janssen product, with a crazy low efficacy rate, just from reading the journals, nope.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!