last reply
26 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
Hi

With some recent changes to the way we defined a Chapter Series (thanks @Green_Man for your help) I thought its worthwhile documenting the process for others to follow.

1. The first story in the series, you need to flag this as a series collection. From the Story Edit page, check this box.

2. Submit your subsequent chapters without checking the box and make sure you back reference to the previous story to create the proper path.

Chapter 01 <= Chapter 02 <= Chapter 03 <= Chapter 04

3. This will provide you with the proper next / previous links throughout your series.

4. Add the proper grouping and sorting on your stories page

If you have any issues with this, let me know.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Just a heads up to any wanting to try this, it works. I have now put three of my series into this category in the All Stories list in my profile.
0 likes
Thanks, gav.

I need to do some fix-up on Wedding Interrupted but this is great. Exactly what I was hoping for.
"the Great God (snicker)" - James 'Bear' Llewellyn
0 likes
Being on my 3rd series, and all of them having at least 2 categories having them grouped together will be nice.
Just to note, the change seems to be one of them that can go through without Mod approval
Thanks Gav and Green Man

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Once more in Love Poems - My Forever Beauty

My 2 previous submissions:

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.
Why not leave a comment too?

Code Monkey
0 likes
And if you include a Series Name you get this cool look (thanks @Liz!)

❤️️🌹Elusive Enigma 🌹❤️️
0 likes
This is wonderful. Thank you Gav and Liz for your hard work.
 Kissing your lips while straddling your lap. 
0 likes
Quote by gav

Wish you'd done this before I updated my series to use the new chapter feature, but I love it.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by gav

That is such a cool look. Thanks Gav and Liz!
Primus Omnium
0 likes
With the kind sufferance of the moderators, I have completed converting all of my series stories to this display. I recall having MollyDoll, FirstBlush, Jen, Saucymh, Kee, WSCLG, TangerineSky, and Sprite all helping to get it done. Very kind of them all and any others I have missed.

That was twenty-six series. Now that it is done I await any feedback from readers who actually go into my All Stories and see the way they are displayed now.

No more need to be touched until I start writing another series.

Great job, Gav. Nice work, Liz.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Glad you all like the new Story Series feature! smile

Great work, super stormtrooper!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've tried to set this up on a couple of my story series and now everything is messed up. Half the time I try to edit a story *just* to correct the series name it sends the story into the edit queue for a moderator. Now half of my stories have the wrong series name and I'm afraid to try and fix it for fear of pissing the moderators off further.

What a cluster fuck.
My novel, The Society, is available now in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Society-ebook/dp/B00BPF9U2I
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Sensei
I've tried to set this up on a couple of my story series and now everything is messed up. Half the time I try to edit a story *just* to correct the series name it sends the story into the edit queue for a moderator. Now half of my stories have the wrong series name and I'm afraid to try and fix it for fear of pissing the moderators off further.

What a cluster fuck.

You don’t have anything in the queue. If you can provide some links we can tell you where you’ve gone wrong and how to fix it.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Many thanks Gav and Liz.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you for the tutorial! I sure needed this good advice.
"the Great God (snicker)" - James 'Bear' Llewellyn
0 likes
Quote by borntowatch
Thank you for the tutorial! I sure needed this good advice.

I think I've worked through the basics so if you get stuck drop me a PM or BB and see what I can do.

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Once more in Love Poems - My Forever Beauty

My 2 previous submissions:

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.
Why not leave a comment too?

Weaver of Words
0 likes
Ok, gonna try to post this here and see if anyone can help. I started going through my stories since I often use multiple categories in a single series. some stories went through without an issue, automatically adding the new feature, while some were sent to a mod (not sure why the difference, but the ones sent to a mod were generally returned with the series marked in short order). I see others have had this issue as well, but no one else seems to have reported this issue. The last series I tried to mark, Fun in Cabo Part 1 went to a mod, but instead of coming back as just an edit, it was returned as a new story. All the views (over 7k), comments and votes were gone and all my followers were notified it was a new story. I would like to have the original story restored with all the stats in place. At this point, I am afraid to make the change to anymore stories and have the same thing happen again.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but I can't get this to work for me. Evidently a user error! Help much appreciated!
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by curvygalore
Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but I can't get this to work for me. Evidently a user error! Help much appreciated!

It is a good idea to delete any Links you have on the stories that will be included in the Series setup.

Then you begin with the first story that begins the Series. You click/tick on the Chapter Story box and then you give it the Series name. Do not give the first story a Link.

Then, with each story in the series enter the Series Name and the link to the previous story in the series.

Remember, the first story has no link, just the Chapter Story clicked/ticked and the Series name entered. The second story has the Series Name and the Link to the previous story. Follow that example for each story that comes after, the Series Name and the Link to the previous story.

I hope that is helpful to people.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by curvygalore

if it helps, i'm, apparently, crap at it too.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite

if it helps, i'm, apparently, crap at it too.

This worked for me.

Quote by gav
Hi

With some recent changes to the way we defined a Chapter Series (thanks @Green_Man for your help) I thought its worthwhile documenting the process for others to follow.

1. The first story in the series, you need to flag this as a series collection. From the Story Edit page, check this box.

2. Submit your subsequent chapters without checking the box and make sure you back reference to the previous story to create the proper path.

Chapter 01 <= Chapter 02 <= Chapter 03 <= Chapter 04

3. This will provide you with the proper next / previous links throughout your series.

4. Add the proper grouping and sorting on your stories page

If you have any issues with this, let me know.

If you follow this to a T, you will have no problems at all. Makes it very easy.
Click below to see

Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by Green_Man

It is a good idea to delete any Links you have on the stories that will be included in the Series setup.

Then you begin with the first story that begins the Series. You click/tick on the Chapter Story box and then you give it the Series name. Do not give the first story a Link.

Then, with each story in the series enter the Series Name and the link to the previous story in the series.

Remember, the first story has no link, just the Chapter Story clicked/ticked and the Series name entered. The second story has the Series Name and the Link to the previous story. Follow that example for each story that comes after, the Series Name and the Link to the previous story.

I hope that is helpful to people.

Thanks, Larry!

This is what I think I've done. The series title pops up briefly then disappears again. *sighs* I'll keep trying and maybe work out where I'm messing up.

Quote by sprite
if it helps, i'm, apparently, crap at it too. Embarrassed

That helps loads, sweetheart! heart
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've gone 'round and 'round with this feature and from my experience it's just completely broken. At this point, I would just like the mods to remove *ALL* of the attempts I've made from *ALL* of my stories. And maybe just let me know when you think this is actually working and I might try again.
My novel, The Society, is available now in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Society-ebook/dp/B00BPF9U2I
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
I'm going through one of my long series right now, and it's gone off without a hitch so far.

Key points: Only put the series name and check the box on the FIRST story of the series. From there on out, on all subsequent stories in the series, you ONLY select a previous story with the drop-down menu. Don't put a series name in the box, and don't check the box. Only select the previous story, which must be the most recent one connected to the series.

In my case, that meant I checked the box and entered the series name "Magic of the Wood" on the first story, "Steward of the Wood". When I edited the next one, the only thing I did was select "Steward of the Wood" as the previous story on "Daughter of the Wood". On "Forever of the Wood Pt. 1 of 2" I selected "Daughter of the Wood" as the previous story. Then "Forever of the Wood Pt. 1 of 2" when editing "Forever of the Wood Pt. 2 of 2"

You have to do it in a continuous stream. First story, second story, third story, etc. If you get out of order, I'm pretty sure it's going to mess up. Best bet is to not try to do more than one at a time. Submit one, wait for it to be approved, then submit the edit for the second story.

The series header doesn't show up during the preview after the submission screen. It will appear after you have submitted the edit, on the confirmation screen that has the "Submitted for moderator approval" message at the top.
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Any chance of this topic being pinned as a "sticky" on page 1? I always need reminding of how to do this, and spend ages trying to find it.

NB - RejectReality's advice above is crucial!

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

0 likes
Bump Bump.

If not, remember to bookmark on your device.