Login

New story erased

last reply
2 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I wrote and attempted to submit a new story today. I filled out all categories marked with an asterisk and punched continue. It came back telling me that all asterisks must be filled in. I went to the assistance box at the bottom of the page and explained my problem. When I finished I pushed send. The help box and the story both disappeared, replaced with a blank story page. Suggestions??
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Sadly, your story is probably gone. It may have been a system hiccup. I hope you have it backed up somewhere else.

I'd suggest starting a new submission.
Matriarch
0 likes
You have to fill out all the sections with an asterisk on the first submission page.

The "Note to Moderators" isn't live technical support. It's a box to say things like, "I have submitted several chapters of the same story all at once, please verify them in order."

So, your story will not have been saved because that doesn't happen until you are past the first submission screen. The second page, will then give you an option to save the draft, or to press "publish".

I hope the site mechanics are a little clearer now.

Always, always, always, save a copy of your story on your computer, before uploading it here, or anywhere for that matter. Servers will often time out on a page or try and refresh themselves, and you'll lose everything. It happens on all sites.