Hero Of The Story

last reply
0 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Dear Lush members,

[B]Have you ever considered yourself a hero? Have you ever wanted to become a hero?[/B]

By definition, a hero is a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal. A hero is distinguished by his/her courage and admired for brave deeds and noble qualities. So no, you don't need a cape, mask or super hero outfit. Just yourself, trying to change the world, one smile at a time. smile

I'd appreciate if one avoids posting replies such as this: [I]"If ur into superheroes I could dare my boss to Hoover your place in a pair of tights!"[/I]

So share your heroic deeds here. You don't have to save an old women from a rushing car to qualify. Just actions that have made others smile or you think have a positive effect on the life of others. Or someone who have played the role of hero in your life, both on and off Lush. If you wish to read the inspiration behind the username, feel free to check out my profile. (Hey, there's nothing wrong with self-promotion, right? biggrin)

I'll start off first. Final is something that every college student hates, including myself. You spend days or even weeks in preparation for this last obstacle, the Big Boss in any game, the three hour final exam that decides nearly half of your grade. Big pressure since math is not my thing. I was walking toward the exam room with a bunch of students near me, my head down, physically there but mentally miles away trying to remind myself of what I studied last night. An old teacher stopped me by lifting a hand between us. This stranger and I have never met before and he chose me out of all the other students. I still remember his words, even if it was nearly three years ago. He said to me. "Relax. Stop thinking too much about the exam. You'll do just fine. Now smile and go ace that exam." I nodded my head, exchanged smile with the stranger and regained my composure. To greet someone, especially a stranger, takes courage. To greet AND help a stranger is such an admirable thing to do. And the only clue to my trouble was on my face. We never met again but that person will always be in my memory for his help. In the end, I ended up getting a good grade. :)

Now, time to share the hero in your story or how you become a hero in other people's story. :)