Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Can some programming be added to disallow males from entering the ladies room?

last reply
61 replies
4.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Weaver of Words
0 likes
It is really getting out of hand. some nights, 7 or 8 men come in the Ladies Room and won't leave. I know we have the ability to kick, but it often takes some time. And we sometimes need to get a mod in the room. I understand we can't eliminate the female posers, but can we at least prevent the male profiles from entering the room?
Matriarch
0 likes
Gets my vote.

1. Members can set their gender once when joining.

2. Ladies room is set for ladies only.

It may be problematic for temporary rooms to be allocated to individual genders, but perhaps it has a place too?
Clumeleon
0 likes
In the interest of equality, should similar rules be applied to the Men's Room? I don't think it's really a problem in there, just thinking in terms of consistency.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by clum
In the interest of equality, should similar rules be applied to the Men's Room? I don't think it's really a problem in there, just thinking in terms of consistency.

Agreed. In the Harry Potter books, lasses are allowed in the lads' dorms, but not vice versa, and I never thought that was fair. I might get kicked for saying this, but I think the lads sometimes need protection from the psycho scorned lasses, as well as talking about whatever they talk about.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Gets my vote.

1. Members can set their gender once when joining.

2. Ladies room is set for ladies only.

It may be problematic for temporary rooms to be allocated to individual genders, but perhaps it has a place too?

Thank you Nicola. Perhaps an option when a temporary room is created to select male, female with the default being all. As for the Men's room. I agree with clum and dasiy. For equalities sake, yes. It should be the same, men only allowed.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by clum

Absolutely.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I thought that was the whole reason the kick option was put in to place.j76tq1rQYoWKEv3x
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Weaver of Words
0 likes
First, the kick option does not always work, and is not just for men, but any disruptive user.

Second, unless enough people vote (and often some can't if not on an actual computer, it won't kick someone out.

Third, some guys just don't get the hint and stay until a mod is summoned to boot them

Fourth, even if they are kicked quickly, they still ruin the flow of the room.

Not allowing them in at all will eliminate all of this.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
What about the option of creating your own ladies room? Password protected so no one comes in that you don't want in. There would be no hassels at all then.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Seeing we're constantly getting this issue at our table, maybe it's time to slope the vote to kick and just make the rooms gender unfriendly.

I however don't see the fuss about it. I'd personally prefer to have men being silenced in the ladies room rather than not being able to be in there. Though I don't use the room so, not really my thing to talk about.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think the fairest way of all is to have rooms with 3 options.

1) A female only room means just that and no male is allowed to enter under any circumstances except a moderator to break up a cat fight.

2) A male only room where it means no females are allowed to enter at all.

3) Open rooms where males and females are welcome to enter.

Is that too simple?

On registration we have to give our sex and that sex is then lined up by a program to control who can enter what room.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Callista

On registration we have to give our sex and that sex is then lined up by a program to control who can enter what...

Soooo many innuendos, soooo not the appropriate place...
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by Callista
I think the fairest way of all is to have rooms with 3 options.

1) A female only room means just that and no male is allowed to enter under any circumstances except a moderator to break up a cat fight.

2) A male only room where it means no females are allowed to enter at all.

3) Open rooms where males and females are welcome to enter.

Is that too simple?

On registration we have to give our sex and that sex is then lined up by a program to control who can enter what room.

That is pretty much what I meant when I wrote this. As far as user created rooms, the same option could be selected in a drop down box, with the default being anyone.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
I WAS JUST INFORMED, THIS FIX HAS BEEN MADE!!! YAAAAAY!

THANK YOU THANK YOU GAV, FOR ADDING THIS FIX! EVERY WOMAN THAT USES THE LADIES ROOM WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!
Weaver of Words
0 likes
In view of recent events, can the option to add a gender selection to user created rooms be revisited?
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by adele
In view of recent events, can the option to add a gender selection option to user created rooms be revisited?

You could always create your own private room, lock it with a password, and have other members PM you if they want access. Or, you can invite them. And based on your post above this one, the ladies room is already locked for guys.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Locking a user created room with a password is an option, however it makes it hard or impossible for anyone other than your friends to get in. If I wanted to make my room available for any lady, including newer members or ladies I don't yet know, having to use a PM rather than a black box (which is only for friends) is impractical. And yes, the Ladies room is locked from guys, but I am talking about a room where I can customize the background, perhaps list a theme for the topics of discussion, or speak a foreign language, etc. If you look at Nicola's original response to my suggestion on this topic, she said: ''It may be problematic for temporary rooms to be allocated to individual genders, but perhaps it has a place too? ''

And from a practical standpoint, it really is not that problematic. There are already drop down boxes for other options. One more box with default (anyone), male or female as optional choices, then add the existing code that locks the room by gender and it's done. I bet gav could do it in an hour. Hell, I bet I could do it in an hour, and I am not a programmer.
Lurker
0 likes
Oops. sorry thought it was referring to "restrooms". LOL
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by adele
Locking a user created room with a password is an option, however it makes it hard or impossible for anyone other than your friends to get in. If I wanted to make my room available for any lady, including newer members or ladies I don't yet know, having to use a PM rather than a black box (which is only for friends) is impractical. And yes, the Ladies room is locked from guys, but I am talking about a room where I can customize the background, perhaps list a theme for the topics of discussion, or speak a foreign language, etc. If you look at Nicola's original response to my suggestion on this topic, she said: ''It may be problematic for temporary rooms to be allocated to individual genders, but perhaps it has a place too? ''

And from a practical standpoint, it really is not that problematic. There are already drop down boxes for other options. One more box with default (anyone), male or female as optional choices, then add the existing code that locks the room by gender and it's done. I bet gav could do it in an hour. Hell, I bet I could do it in an hour, and I am not a programmer.

THANKS GAV, FOR ADDING THIS SO QUICKLY. YOU TOO, NICOLA FOR APPROVING IT!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by adele

THANK YOU THANK YOU GAV, FOR ADDING THIS FIX! EVERY WOMAN THAT USES THE LADIES ROOM WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

Is that just the Ladies room? The Men's seem to still allow women in, one ofthe reasons I don't use it!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by adele

Is that just the Ladies room? The Men's seem to still allow women in, one ofthe reasons I don't use it!
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by dpw

It is my understanding that originally there were no controls on either the Ladies or Mens rooms and therefore they both relied on the opposite sex respecting the nature of the room and staying out. In the case of the Ladies room that wasnt working and the Kick Vote function was added and later upon attempted entry to the room the Sex on the profile was checked and access denied if it wasnt Female. The recent change above gives members who create rooms the ability to specify Female only, Male only or both.

The Mens Room was never a problem and yes sometimes the ladies frequent that room and in the main I believe the men dont mind or perhaps even enjoy their company.
Site administrator
0 likes
This is my understanding:

Originally neither the Ladies or Mens rooms had any controls and simply relied on members respecting that they were gender specific. However that didnt work for the Ladies room and so the Kick feature was added and then later for that room code was added to restrict access to female members only (a check against the profile 'sex' field). The most recent enhancement, a few weeks ago now, was to add an option to member created rooms to specify gender ('Restricted to'), i.e. Female or Male only or both.

The Mens room has stayed as it was since I believe whilst some ladies do use the room it has never been seen as an issue and indeed I believe some of the men enjoy the ladies company.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
This is my understanding:

Originally neither the Ladies or Mens rooms had any controls and simply relied on members respecting that they were gender specific. However that didnt work for the Ladies room and so the Kick feature was added and then later for that room code was added to restrict access to female members only (a check against the profile 'sex' field). The most recent enhancement, a few weeks ago now, was to add an option to member created rooms to specify gender ('Restricted to'), i.e. Female or Male only or both.

The Mens room has stayed as it was since I believe whilst some ladies do use the room it has never been seen as an issue and indeed I believe some of the men enjoy the ladies company.

Looking through the thread it says that in the interests of equality the Men's Room would be for guys exclusively. If guys don't go in there then surely that's a problem. Just because a problem isn't reported it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Looking through the thread it says that in the interests of equality the Men's Room would be for guys exclusively. If guys don't go in there then surely that's a problem. Just because a problem isn't reported it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Yes I saw the above posts in July 2012 by Clum and subsequently Nicola and why that never got followed through I do not know but I assume there was a good reason. I appreciate that 'Just because a problem isn't reported it doesn't mean it doesn't exist' but if nobody tells us it's a problem we won't know will we.

Seriously if you see this as a problem then use the Contact Us procedure to report that or perhaps an alternative is to post the suggested change here ...

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst12279_Which-improvements-or-features-would-you-like-to-see-added.aspx

or even post in the Help Desk ..

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics44_Lush-Help-Desk.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Quite correct. And many times issues affecting men are not reported, or reported much less than the same thing affecting women... online and off.

But as SimplyJohn points out... PLEASE, guys, do report issues if you have them.

(damn typo)
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by JohnC

Quite correct. And many times issues affecting men are not reported, or reported much less than the same thing affecting women... online and off.

But as SimplyJohn points out... PLEASE, buys, do report issues if you have them.

Really I report issues I have every day but admin just keep telling me 'skunks dont count and you are the only one!' .. so damn unfair.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Yes I saw the above posts in July 2012 by Clum and subsequently Nicola and why that never got followed through I do not know but I assume there was a good reason. I appreciate that 'Just because a problem isn't reported it doesn't mean it doesn't exist' but if nobody tells us it's a problem we won't know will we.

Seriously if you see this as a problem then use the Contact Us procedure to report that or perhaps an alternative is to post the suggested change here ...

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst12279_Which-improvements-or-features-would-you-like-to-see-added.aspx

or even post in the Help Desk ..

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics44_Lush-Help-Desk.aspx

The women aren't the problem, the fact that women can enter the room is the problem, the inequality is the problem.
As far as bringing it up, that's exactly what I thought I'd done here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Really I report issues I have every day but admin just keep telling me 'skunks dont count and you are the only one!' .. so damn unfair.

Skunks are about as common as gay men then, lol.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by dpw

The women aren't the problem, the fact that women can enter the room is the problem, the inequality is the problem.
As far as bringing it up, that's exactly what I thought I'd done here.

Really I wont repeat what I said above but if you see this as an issue then you can of course report that and through the available routes as I suggest. Just because we are having this discussion I will not be reporting this on your behalf and furthermore moderators and site admin do no trawl through general threads looking for posts that indicate a member or members have a problem or issue.