Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Useful Tip - Google Chrome for Story Submission Options · View
Liz
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:37:23 PM

Will be trying this out shortly, but wanted to share the knowledge in the hope it might help out some other writers.

The new version of Google Chrome includes improvements to their spell check feature; which now includes support for grammar, homonym and context-sensitive spell checking.

As a final line of defence against those last minute typo's and grammatical errors, it may be worth using Chrome to submit the story before a final read-through.
I'm not aware of any other web browser that offers this extent of language support - give it a try and let others know how you get on!

All the best

Liz

READ ARTICLE: BETTER SPELL CHECK IN CHROME

"Carefully written, fact-checked essay in the streets, unmoderated comments section in the sheets."

nicola
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 3:35:34 PM

Thanks for the link Lizzy.

That would come in very handy for people who don't use MS Word, and may even pick up errors that Word misses. I'll give it a go too.

We trialled the checking software that chrome uses, in our story submission form, but couldn't get it to work efficiently.
Liz
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 1:56:25 AM

nicola wrote:
Thanks for the link Lizzy.

That would come in very handy for people who don't use MS Word, and may even pick up errors that Word misses. I'll give it a go too.

We trialled the checking software that chrome uses, in our story submission form, but couldn't get it to work efficiently.

Will give it a thorough trial on my next story submission shortly and let you know how I get on. :)

"Carefully written, fact-checked essay in the streets, unmoderated comments section in the sheets."

Frank
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 4:44:24 AM

coffee Noted.

Of all our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney

Mazza
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 5:27:15 AM

I don't use google chrome, however, I DO use google docs for writing and saving my stories and I have to say that it's a wonderful tool, complete with spellcheck, research option, autosave, formatting options and you can work in partnership with other users - track changes, chat within the document and add comments, pictures etc.

I've found that I have been much more productive, writing wise, since I found it...

Thanks for sharing, Lizzy x

Nothing to see here...
keoloke
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 7:43:47 AM

Great thanks for the tip and the link. I have not used Chrome in over a year, (I was experiencing some problems filling up official forms) so I was not aware of those improvements.

Glad to read of the spell check enhancement are also available in Docs.

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.