Relationships Deal Breaker

last reply
12 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Despite everything else going great, would you terminate a relationship because he didn't fulfill your sexual needs?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yes... Sex is incredibly important in a healthy relationship. If he wasn't willing to try new things to satisfy me or accept my needs, absolutely... Life is too short to settle for bad sex.
"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
No. A guy can always get better. It's all about communication,and it shouldn't be too hard because great chemistry and a great relationship almost always enhances the sex.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
no. that gets better with time. But I'd dump him for a whole lot of other reasons
The Linebacker
0 likes
I'd dump a girl of she were a 'dead fish' in bed. Some girls are, just lay there, make no noise, no moans, no motion, only want it missionary, not into it. I'm certainly not into live necrophilia. Actually most girls I've known were great fun and just as rowdy in bed as I am! Put those box springs to the test. take it to other rooms, ya know, get wild!

Another deal breaker is being a snoot. I can't stand someone to act uppity and snooty.

But anyhow I'm married to the one I want.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hmm, tough one for me. I'd like to say that I wouldn't be so shallow or cold as to dump someone just because they didn't fulfill my sexual needs but I'd be lying through my teeth. Having been in a sexually unfulfilled marriage for WAY too many years, I'm afraid that I have very little patience with anyone that doesn't at least work with me to find ways to satisfy each other. Sex is a two way street, give and take and it takes effort to make a relationship work and even more effort to have and maintain a good sex life. I am far too young to live the next 20+ years feeling anything but completely fulfilled be it sexually or otherwise. Live and learn.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
YES...while not the most important, sex is one of the most important aspects of a relationship because, seriously if you can not connect on a horizontal plane, how are you going to connect on any other level?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by papochulo
Despite everything else going great, would you terminate a relationship because he didn't fulfill your sexual needs?

What's the time scale against the number of times we've had sex?

I wouldn't expect a guy to know me that well from day one and wouldn't want him to, I would enjoy the journey of experimentation, plus I have to do the same with him
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Kimasa

What's the time scale against the number of times we've had sex?

I wouldn't expect a guy to know me that well from day one and wouldn't want him to, I would enjoy the journey of experimentation, plus I have to do the same with him

I agree, it would depend on time frame and willingness to try to improve. but if it appeared hopeless..................................
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I probably wouldn't commit to a relationship in the first place if the sex wasn't satisfying - you've got to take your partner for a sexual test drive before sealing the deal.

If the sex was lagging in a long-term relationship, I'd try to find a way to revive it or work it out. It would be a deal breaker if my partner stopped caring about fixing it or seemed dismissive. It's not so much about the sex in that case as in what it speaks to how invested the guy is in our relationship and in making it work for both of us.

If I was in a relationship and the sex trainwrecked because of an illness or injury and everything else was great, I would stay. If his head and heart are still in the relationship and the sexual performance is beyond his control, then it's not as important and I think it can be worked around. It's that whole 'for better or for worse' thing and illness/injury can happen to anyone. The important thing is the relationship - and if there's quality there - then I would stay.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

If I was in a relationship and the sex trainwrecked because of an illness or injury and everything else was great, I would stay. If his head and heart are still in the relationship and the sexual performance is beyond his control, then it's not as important and I think it can be worked around. It's that whole 'for better or for worse' thing and illness/injury can happen to anyone. The important thing is the relationship - and if there's quality there - then I would stay.

But would you stray, with or without his permission, to satisfy your sexual needs?
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Elling50

But would you stray, with or without his permission, to satisfy your sexual needs?

Maybe with his permission, but he'd be the one to have to suggest it and I would have to feel like he was genuinely ok with it. I don't make commitments often in life, but when I do - I'm all in. I'm not going to fuck around on a guy that I'm in love with if I know it's going to crush him. It's not worth being in a relationship when your only option is ongoing deception. Sexual needs can be satisfied with toys or more limited 'intimate contact' if there was a legit medical reason involved. If the love is strong and the quality of the relationship is there and some unexpected calamity happens, then I can work around it. If not, then a breakup is in order.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Maybe with his permission, but he'd be the one to have to suggest it and I would have to feel like he was genuinely ok with it. I don't make commitments often in life, but when I do - I'm all in. I'm not going to fuck around on a guy that I'm in love with if I know it's going to crush him..

Nice.