last reply
16 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
Hi Folks

Just wanted to announce out new Chat feature to Lush. This allows any members to have a conversation in a popup window, similar to MSN Messenger (opps, thats where those smileys came from ) or .

If your browser blocks popup windows or you are running popup blocking software, you will need to allow popup's for Lush Stories before you can receive chat messages from other members. Read more about it here http://www.lushstories.com/allow-popups.aspx.

If your browser does block the chat request, you should see a message in the top right hand corner, in a black box. From here you can click to open the window.

I would appreciate any feedback, problems you guys experience using it. I have just noticed a little problem using IE while being sent a chat request from the forum, i'll get that fixed up next week.

Happy Chatting
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks Gav.

One thing we've noticed so far, when the chat screen is minimised, and someone has replied, there's not a clear indication that they have responded. When I'm using IM at work, the minimised bit normally flashes orange when someone has replied, so you know they have. Can you do similar with this one please?

Thanks for uploading the smileys, there seems to be some missing

Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Quote by gav
Hi Folks

Just wanted to announce out new Chat feature to Lush. This allows any members to have a conversation in a popup window, similar to MSN Messenger (opps, thats where those smileys came from ) or .

If your browser blocks popup windows or you are running popup blocking software, you will need to allow popup's for Lush Stories before you can receive chat messages from other members. Read more about it here http://www.lushstories.com/allow-popups.aspx.

If your browser does block the chat request, you should see a message in the top right hand corner, in a black box. From here you can click to open the window.

I would appreciate any feedback, problems you guys experience using it. I have just noticed a little problem using IE while being sent a chat request from the forum, i'll get that fixed up next week.

Happy Chatting

Any way to add conference chatting Gav? Or at least have more than one window of chat open at a time?

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

Book Four in the Mac and Grace Saga begins:

Boardrooms & Boudoirs

And the latest micros:

Sated Bliss

Birthday Spankings

Seeker
0 likes
Thanks Gav!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just wanted to say thanks to Lush and Gav for the chat room.
I meet a super fantastic lady there today.
Got a chance to know her better.

Someone is a lucky guy.

Thanks again

Batman
Fireman
0 likes
Lush and Gav,

Thanks
Matriarch
0 likes
I've noticed the "block" option doesn't appear when you mouseover the person's name. It does appear if you add that person to your friend list first, and then block them. Uncanny!
Matriarch
0 likes
We're still working on the chat function here, and have noticed one issue of concern.

It seems that one or two people use it to talk nonsense (there are always a few), so if this happens to you (I've banned one person already today, and blocked their IP address), please use the "block user" button while in the chat session, and if the conversation has turned rather offensive, please just copy the text that has surpassed, and send it to me in a pm.

This is a temporary fix. Our programmer is coding something that flags people who have been blocked, and repeat offenders will be banned permanently from our site. Of course there will be a fair and honest tribunal first

Any other feedback on the chat is most appreciated. Tyvm.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote from 'CHAT amongst yourselves (Beta)':
Quote by CuriousJayUK
After reading in the official announcement of this service I got answered one of my questions, however, I had noticed that when someone tried to contact me today (I stupidly used Internet Explorer 7) and the pop-up blocker was on so of course the chat window didn't appear. Yes, the black box appeared but I refreshed the page in an attempt for the pop-up chat window to try popping up again, unfortunatly this didn't have the desired affect and I lost the convo' completely.

Anyway, nice addition.

Maybe consider a way to stop this?
CuriousJayUK -
CuriousJay means that I have a few things, some concerning certain taboos, I am curious about. Not that I am bi-curious.
Code Monkey
0 likes
@techgoddess
you should be allowed to open more than one chat window at a time. this was an issue with an early release; can anyone confirm they can have more than one chat session going at once?

@CuriousJayUK
i understand where this problem is. i will get a fix in early in the new year. i have also found your problem with the add friend button on the chat window.

if people are being contacted by random, rude and obnoxious strangers, using the block button at the top of the chat window will not allow them to contact you again. if i see the same user being blocked multiple times, then its an indicator we have a troll amongst us.
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Quote by gav
@techgoddess
you should be allowed to open more than one chat window at a time. this was an issue with an early release; can anyone confirm they can have more than one chat session going at once?

@CuriousJayUK
i understand where this problem is. i will get a fix in early in the new year. i have also found your problem with the add friend button on the chat window.

if people are being contacted by random, rude and obnoxious strangers, using the block button at the top of the chat window will not allow them to contact you again. if i see the same user being blocked multiple times, then its an indicator we have a troll amongst us.

Thanks gav....I can confirm that it works.

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

Book Four in the Mac and Grace Saga begins:

Boardrooms & Boudoirs

And the latest micros:

Sated Bliss

Birthday Spankings

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by techgoddess
Quote by gav
@techgoddess

@CuriousJayUK

Thanks gav....I can confirm that it works.

excellent it works. now there's no excuse for that threesome
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by gav
thanks for all your kind words.

if anyone has ideas or suggestions (for the chat) let me know.

maybe a sound when a message arrives, inviting others?

Lush Legend
0 likes
We appreciate all your hard work Gav.....
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
That chat feature works very well, Gav. Simple, easy to use. There's no way to make it all things for all people.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Is everything running smoothly with this thing Gav? I had two people try to message me this morning, but all that was there was an empty box. Some kind of sound or a flashing alert would be cool too.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥