Affair of the heart

last reply
8 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
How upset would you be if your husband was in love with another? Any suggestions how to snap him out of it? The women is a flirt and sends positive signals, but has rebuffed all approaches so nothing has actually happened. He knows she just likes the attention, but can't stop thinking about her.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Uhmm... I'd be pretty upset, yeah. However 'in love' is a strong statement. What you describe sounds more like infatuation and it may pass.

You can't stop thinking about her because you're hungry for what she's baited for you on the hook. It's human nature to want it - to fantasize and idealize about how great it would be. She's just toying with you. Keep it in the realm of fantasy and my prediction is that over time the game will get boring to you because it only goes so far and you'll get desensitized to the initial excitement of the flirting and the possibility of what it would be like with her.

Eventually things will return to normal - and hopefully before the wife finds out. smile
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by rpnb59
How upset would you be if your husband was in love with another? Any suggestions how to snap him out of it? The women is a flirt and sends positive signals, but has rebuffed all approaches so nothing has actually happened. He knows she just likes the attention, but can't stop thinking about her.

Quite frankly .... Divorce Papers would be delivered.

I do not tolerate affairs of the heart or any other type.

Make a decision ... your wife or your infatuation. If you pick the latter .... be sure to end your marriage first - that way you won't be a double prick in her eyes or anyone else's.
Lurker
0 likes
If he's got the nerve to tell you he can't stop thinking about her then I would say don't give him the time of day.
Lurker
0 likes
I would be handing my husband divorce papers if that we're the case. I am NOT one for cheating or anything of the sort. Your husband needs to make a decision either you or her.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
let him have his fun, und remember 2 kan play that game .....it will blow over is she is re-buffing him as far as real life meetings ....just dont stand for the real life part ...put foot down on that .or tell him to ask her for a threesome with you und her ...lol ...that will frak his mind ...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If my husband told me he was in love with another, I would be very upset. Please lets not confuse being in love with have sex with another.

Really there is nothing the spouse can do to change the situation. It seems very much like "I thought he would change after we were married." Only he can deal with this issue and the bigger deal you make out of it the more enticing the other woman will appear.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I were married to this kind of guy, I'd be pretty upset. Isn't that our initial reaction to cases like this? But I also have to ask myself what's lacking in our relationship.

He has a choice. If he didn't want to cheat in the first place, he can just reject the other woman. And guys will always be guys. It's in their nature to get attracted to other girls. Even if they wanted to be emotionally monogamous, they will always crave for sex with other people.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hopefully she'd be a curvy cutie and I'd invite her over and we'd both do her but if she was just teasing him with the intent to just torment him I'd be pissed!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!