How did you feel when you came to know that Neil Patrick Harris was a gay

last reply
35 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To be honest I was sad. I don't mind him being gay but you know he is a good looking guy and any girl would be lucky to have him
Lurker
0 likes
I don't give a crap, the dude's nice to look at, regardless of orientation.

And what on earth is "a" gay? That just sounds so wrong!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by SueBrasil
To be honest I was sad. I don't mind him being gay but you know he is a good looking guy and any girl would be lucky to have him

why should it matter? he's still a lucky guy. he's got a husband, they're in love, he's got 2 wonderful kids, a great career - be happy for him. i'm sure he's relieved that you don't mind him being gay, tho. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by GingerKitty

I'm so with you on this. I have no idea what "a" gay is.

But, as for the question. Okay, so what he's gay? Any gay/bi man is also lucky to have him. There are plenty of lesbians who are good looking, I'm sure any "man" would be lucky to have them also. But, they're lesbians, just like NPH is gay, and men are lucky to have him.

Us ladies can keep viewing him as eye candy. ;)
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by GingerKitty

Relax Kitty Cat, she's not shitting in your litter box. She's attempting to use the western hemisphere vernacular for 'a homosexual'.

Gay isn't used in your country in such a fashion? Boo hoo.

It's called the Urban Dictionary - look it up.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
0 likes
I felt the same way as I did before I knew he was gay. He attractive and gives the impression he has a good personality.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Relax Kitty Cat, she's not shitting in your litter box. She's attempting to use the western hemisphere vernacular for 'a homosexual'.

Gay isn't used in your country in such a fashion? Boo hoo.

It's called the Urban Dictionary - look it up.

I wasn't taking offense (nor am I gay btw, but that's a separate issue) I'm just saying the use of the letter "a" in front of gay has negative connotations, especially if you go back to the days when being gay wasn't quite so "mainstream", by which, I mean not everyone was out and anyone who was out was looked down upon as if they were social lepers, such a conversation may have gone thus:

"I've never seen Adam out with a girl before."

"You wouldn't, he's a gay."

The use of the letter "a", just singles them out and makes it seem as if they aren't part of society.

Also, gay means to be happy, before it means homosexual.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by GingerKitty

I wasn't taking offense (nor am I gay btw, but that's a separate issue) I'm just saying the use of the letter "a" in front of gay has negative connotations, especially if you go back to the days when being gay wasn't quite so "mainstream", by which, I mean not everyone was out and anyone who was out was looked down upon as if they were social lepers, such a conversation may have gone thus:

"I've never seen Adam out with a girl before."

"You wouldn't, he's a gay."

The use of the letter "a", just singles them out and makes it seem as if they aren't part of society.

Also, gay means to be happy, before it means homosexual.

Your tone to her was as harsh as mine was towards you. Doesn't feel good to be on the receiving end, does it, GK?

Here at Lush we have a forum titled LGBT. What do you think the letter G stands for? I disagree as to your granularity of the words: a gay. And especially in this instance where the OP is from Brazil, where I'd be willing to wager, that English is not her primary or first language. But then again, I could be discriminating in my guesstimate about even that -- couldn't I? I don't know the woman, nor do I know you. But you seemed contentious, so ... I took your tack in reply to you.

If someone were to say about me... "Wellmademale, he's a heterosexual." or "He's a straight bastard." I wouldn't feel discriminated against. I don't consider myself straight, but I do consider myself heterosexual.

I think sometimes you roareth a bit too much, is all.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Your tone to her was as harsh as mine was towards you. Doesn't feel good to be on the receiving end, does it, GK?

Here at Lush we have a forum titled LGBT. What do you think the letter G stands for? I disagree as to your granularity of the words: a gay. And especially in this instance where the OP is from Brazil, where I'd be willing to wager, that English is not her primary or first language. But then again, I could be discriminating in my guesstimate about even that -- couldn't I? I don't know the woman, nor do I know you. But you seemed contentious, so ... I took your tack in reply to you.

If someone were to say about me... "Wellmademale, he's a heterosexual." or "He's a straight bastard." I wouldn't feel discriminated against. I don't consider myself straight, but I do consider myself heterosexual.

I wasn't being harsh. Okay, so it sounded blunt, but nothing ever sounds completely right in text, does it?

I dunno, does the G stand for... Glorious? I think maybe if you were British, you'd understand my dislike of the phrasing. That's all I'm saying, it's just a bit of awkward phrasing, nothing more. Maybe it is a language barrier thing, but I doubt it.

I don't really get how you can consider yourself to not be straight, but at the same time heterosexual. That makes no sense to me, especially if you go with the dictionary meaning of straight.

Quote by dictionary.reference.com

Straight

Informal.
a.
a heterosexual.

You're right, I roar. Go me.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

how about if i called you "a hot fuckable stud muffin"? ok with that, too?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by sprite

how about if i called you "a hot fuckable stud muffin"? ok with that, too?

That would be in the top five best things ever said about me here (or anywhere else for that matter).
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
by the way, i usually am referred to as "a lesbian" as opposed to "lesbian". not really something that bothers me - that's obviously just my opinion, but i'm pretty comfortable about it. smile

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

How about a manly handshake and call it quit gentlemen? Seriously though, gay can be either a noun or adjective, so "a gay" is just as acceptable as "gay".
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by GingerKitty

I wasn't being harsh. Okay, so it sounded blunt, but nothing ever sounds completely right in text, does it?

I dunno, does the G stand for... Glorious? I think maybe if you were British, you'd understand my dislike of the phrasing. That's all I'm saying, it's just a bit of awkward phrasing, nothing more. Maybe it is a language barrier thing, but I doubt it.

I don't really get how you can consider yourself to not be straight, but at the same time heterosexual. That makes no sense to me, especially if you go with the dictionary meaning of straight.

You're right. Some of you Brits think because your island invented the language, it wasn't supposed to ever evolve. But if that were the case, then we'd probably have a dictionary with fewer than what... 1200 words in total?

I'm not a fan of the term gay, nor the term straight, but I accept their use - since languages evolve. And I am a fan of words, adjectives, pronouns and punctuation.

In my short time here at Lush...I've had to throw off my ugly American prejudices (and I haven't completely shed them). Is it wrong of me to say that several of my most fond Lush friends are Brits, Aussies & even... Ugh... Canadians?

Now, switch those nationalities around and insert ethnic slang terms (most - derogatory) and see how well that sounds... But they are just words, Cat.

Hell, make some up. It's fun.

Me - straight? Shit man, my road is curvy. I'm a 169% bent hetero.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

you, sir, have just placed insult upon my brethren. pistols at dawn!

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by sprite

you, sir, have just placed insult upon my brethren. pistols at dawn!

Duel accepted!... after I finish my beer... and the next one... and a short nap... zzz...

For your information : Original poster has changed her wording. That's how ladies do it... learn from them!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

You're right. Some of you Brits think because your island invented the language, it wasn't supposed to ever evolve. But if that were the case, then we'd probably have a dictionary with fewer than what... 1200 words in total?

I'm not a fan of the term gay, nor the term straight, but I accept their use - since languages evolve. And I am a fan of words, adjectives, pronouns and punctuation.

In my short time here at Lush...I've had to throw off my ugly American prejudices (and I haven't completely shed them). Is it wrong of me to say that several of my most fond Lush friends are Brits, Aussies & even... Ugh... Canadians?

Now, switch those nationalities around and insert ethnic slang terms (most - derogatory) and see how well that sounds... But they are just words, Cat.

Hell, make some up. It's fun.

Me - straight? Shit man, my road is curvy. I'm a 169% bent hetero.

Well, actually, English is a Germanic language, so it wasn't completely invented by the British folk. It has gone through many a change and just keeps evolving.

I don't mind the term gay or straight, not really. They are, as you say, just words.

Why would it be wrong to say that your "most fond Lush friends are Brits, Aussies & even... Ugh... Canadians?" I see nothing wrong with that, even if you switch them for ethnic slang terms, most of your friends will know you're only joking. I sometimes call my fellow Scots "Jimmy", regardless of gender. It's all a big joke, based on the fact that "Jimmy" is a popular name here. Or it used to be. Not so much any more. Evolution, I guess.

Make some up? Do I have to? I already do that a lot, why are you giving me more homework?

Only 169% bent? You need to bend more, man! You might have fun.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
He's Gay! OMG, I never would have guessed. Wait, who is he again?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I didn't care if he is hetero, bi, gay or asexual. A person's sexual orientation isn't what makes a person. It's like saying were you shocked when Anderson Cooper turned out to be gay? Answer to both is a resounding NO and I don't give a fuck.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Didn't matter one little bit...I think that makes him that much sexier. He is a handsome man, very secure in who he is, and his sexual orientation has no role in anything outside of his own home. I like a strong sexy man smile
Lurker
0 likes
I couldn't care less what he does with his life. I can barely keep tabs on what's going on with my own.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by dex69
I couldn't care less what he does with his life. I can barely keep tabs on what's going on with my own.

THIS!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I too picked up straight-away that XXX is a gay.

What I read was not that he had announced his sexual orientation but that he had become a stereotype.

Perhaps it is a British thing. We now have laws here which discriminate against discriminators. If you were to punch someone whilst calling them gay/straight, black/white, muslim/christian or even an American then you will be charged with a racially/religious/sexual orientation motivated crime which will carry a higher penalty than just whacking someone without saying anything.

If this has pushed Britain into becoming a more tolerant society than some places in the world then it must be a good thing. It does however lead us to notice comments which seemingly cross this divide.

This is just a general observation and is not intended to be a criticism of the original poster, even more so if for them English is a second language
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by dex69

don't worry, i'll help you. umm... crap, now you're really screwed.

Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by dex69

Agreed. I have enough things to deal with in my own without adding what someone else is doing to the mix!
Lurker
0 likes
I wouldn't know him from can of soup.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SueBrasil

To be honest - I forgot who he was and had to look him up. Doogie Howser MD is gay? Not so shocking. Good for him.
Lurker
0 likes
Yawn... that's old news. Is he happy? He always comes across as so, therefore I'm happy for him.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

We didn't invent it and Noah Webster didn't spell the English words correctly when giving you your English.............so please get your MATH right

BTW who is Neil Patrick Harris?
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
That he acts and is a better straight guy on How I Met Your Mother than straight guys.

Dude is awesome and even gay could get more female companionship than I could.

Definitely one of my favorite humor actors. If you knew nothing about NDP being gay and saw HIMYM you'd think he was the biggest man-whore for women on the planet.