Are Men that are economically poor Unattractive

last reply
34 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I want to know, because some really guys with money that have really sexy looking trophy gf's/wife.
Lurker
0 likes
One of the women in my stories says, "When in the nude, all signs of wealth disappear."

So - no . . . I don't find wealth to be attractive and I don't find poor to be a put off.
Lurker
0 likes
I think it would depend on why he was poor. Is he poor because he has a bad work ethic or is he poor because of a run of bad luck or is he poor because he is putting himself through school or is he poor because he is following a creative dream. Situational.
Head Nurse
0 likes
While it may be true that all signs of wealth disappear when in the nude, it's a whole lot easier to get nude if you have a deeng place to get there. Plus web you make decent money, you don't want to be supporting someone else.

I have been with people who made much less money then I do, it's a very stressful way to have a relationship. No thanks.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
It depends. I can respect a man who's struggling financially but has hopes to improve himself and his station...and is also working towards that diligently. I can't be with a man with no ambition or drive...that's one of my biggest turn-offs. I need something and someone I can stand by. Being poor and happy is overly romanticized, in my opinion. And that's definitely not my ideal situation.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NickiC
I think it would depend on why he was poor. Is he poor because he has a bad work ethic or is he poor because of a run of bad luck or is he poor because he is putting himself through school or is he poor because he is following a creative dream. Situational.

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't respect/love someone with a poor work ethic.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quite personally, money makes very little difference in my attraction to a man. I would rather be with a man who is dirt poor who loves me and who leaves no doubt in anyone's mind that he does, than to date a man with money who treats me like he either doesn't care about me, or who treats me like some whore that he bought and paid for.

I do say this from experience as I have been in long term relationships with both types of men, poor in pocket, but rich in love, and jerks making more than enough money to be comfortable but not enough to buy a decent personality.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
It depends. I can respect a man who's struggling financially but has hopes to improve himself and his station...and is also working towards that diligently. I can't be with a man with no ambition or drive...that's one of my biggest turn-offs. I need something and someone I can stand by. Being poor and happy is overly romanticized, in my opinion. And that's definitely not my ideal situation.

What exactly counts as drive then? Take for example, the non-profit sector. You don't exactly bring in the big bucks in most of those jobs unless you luck into being an eventual director or vice-president.

You can have all the drive and ambition in the world and still not be "rich" or "live very comfortably."

I think it is a loaded question. Though flipping that question, I agree. I wouldn't wanna be with a female who just wanted to mooch off me and use me as her sugar daddy. That's a dead personality to me. You have to have passion for something.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

What exactly counts as drive then? Take for example, the non-profit sector. You don't exactly bring in the big bucks in most of those jobs unless you luck into being an eventual director or vice-president.

You can have all the drive and ambition in the world and still not be "rich" or "live very comfortably."

I think it is a loaded question. Though flipping that question, I agree. I wouldn't wanna be with a female who just wanted to mooch off me and use me as her sugar daddy. That's a doead personality to me. You have to have passion for something.

Drive and pride tend to go hand in hand. It's been my experience that those people who are driven aren't interested in me pudding(NOTE EDIT: lol... this is what I get for Lushing from my phone at work; pudding is auto corrected somehow from paying) their way. They want to take care of themselves. That's the difference. I've been in relationships where I was the sole breadwinner and ones where he brought in the lions share. Honestly, the money itself isn't the issue for me as knowing that I'm not being expected to cough up the cash every time we go to a game or a race or dinner or well anything.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I've never met another woman that said "you know...he's great looking, has a great personality...but I wish he weren't so financially secure and that he had less disposable income."

It's always going to help if you're moneyed, that's for sure. Since I grew up and found myself in a position where I had to provide for myself or find help doing so, I've put somewhat of a premium on that in men, to be honest about it, and about myself.

And then I met a dude who didn't have any money at all, and didn't make much, either. I'm married to him now. smile So there's bias, and the things we say we want. And separate from, and despite, all of that, life and love just happen sometimes.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
I've never met another woman that said "you know...he's great looking, has a great personality...but I wish he weren't so financially secure and that he had less disposable income."

It's always going to help if you're moneyed, that's for sure. Since I grew up and found myself in a position where I had to provide for myself or find help doing so, I've put somewhat of a premium on that in men, to be honest about it, and about myself.

And then I met a dude who didn't have any money at all, and didn't make much, either. I'm married to him now. smile So there's bias, and the things we say we want. And separate from, and despite, all of that, life and love just happen sometimes.

I think that pretty much sums it up. We all have the sexy dreams. But crap hits the fan, you fall in love, and live, as always, gets in the way.

Hence why it is such a loaded question. It will always vary from person to person.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No Money or position does not make a man more or less attractive.

However at the same time would it not be assuring if you were sure that this man could provide the necessities of life for you and your children.

Does not mean he must be the sole source of income, but at least an equal player.

I hope my 22 year old twins got that message.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I've been in relationships with both broke guys and rich guys. By broke, I'm meaning someone that had lost a job, has little to no assets and/or had bad credit but still had some general ambition - not poverty-stricken sweat-pants 'n a beer can guy.

I don't need a rich guy - in fact, a lot of rich guys annoy the fuck out of me by their general attitude and sense of entitlement. Not all - but many. There are some exceptions. The whole moneyed social scene also has the ability to totally mindfuck your soul in a bad way. I'm not a rich girl by any means, but socially I've been around it a lot. Once you get over the initial highs of what it has to offer, you start to see through it and it starts to lose its shine (unless you've bought the tagline and are permanently hooked). But yeah - once you're on the inside but still have an outsider's perspective, it's not as much fun anymore. It becomes all plastic fun bubblegum that's ridiculously fun to chew, but it will rot you(r teeth) to the core... eventually.

Broke guys that are wasting their lives amidst a fog of weed, stale pizza and beer cans aren't particularly attractive either, as others have already said. It really comes down to the way you present yourself to the world (and to the woman you want). You don't need to have a lot of money to come across as an attractive guy if you've got other things going for you. Being financially secure or well-off is a bonus in a prospective partner (I'm sure men would admit to the same sentiments when they date women), but it's not the #1 criteria (at least for me). Physical and intellectual and emotional attraction always takes precedence. I've broken up with a rich boring guy for a broke fun guy before. The cash flow will never sustain me the way a real connection will. I do have some girlfriends that completely disagree with me on this.

So, in summary, every girl is different. Some want the sugar daddy or Mr Big and a guaranteed cushy existence. Others are looking for this ridiculous dream-state called love and the idea that somehow it can be sustained. Which is the smarter girl? - I'm sure that's up for debate, depending on who you talk to.
Lurker
0 likes
I always check them out with Experion and Equifax before agreeing to a date.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by Kimasa
I always check them out with Experion and Equifax before agreeing to a date.

I once heard a woman say ....

"you can fall in love with a rich man as easily as a poor man ... remember to hang out in affluent areas!"

hehehe
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If said man was poor due to a constant run of no jobs/laziness, then yes he'd be unattractive.
If said man was poor due to bad choices/ recent job loss etc then I could still find him attractive.
Lurker
0 likes
To all the guys reading this. Money, yup if you dont have it those women who look like beauty queens or models will not give you a second look. I know first hand. I've been with these types of women. So much so I can't even count the number. For the longest time I wondered why these women weren't full hearted in the relationship. I have a good sense of humor. I'm good looking (Ive had women tell me I am the most beautiful man they have ever seen in real life). I'm strong, thoughtful, kind, and giving. Yet the womam I would be with would be seeing another man who had money. I know this because they would tell me this. I never asked for anything yet they would buy me clothes and watches. You ever been in an infinity pool? I have. All because of this girl who I thought was my girlfriend turns out she was with a other dude. And every time I would draw the line and say it's him or me, they would pick the dude with money.
I can tell Dancing_Doll wants it all but will sacrifice money for what she calls true love. naughtynurse, wants a man with drive because he's in it for numaro uno. You're mixing up drive with cut throat. A person with real drive is the type that brings others around him closer in order to achieve his goals because the biggest goals can't be achieved alone. Instead what we see almost always is back door deals, laws that favor the ones that make them, lieing and cheating. Cutthroat and drive are close the difference is in how one goes about achieving the goals set forth. Kimasa you won't find me on any of those types of things biggrin So I guess you could say it wasn't meant to be. I mean that's good in a way because I wouldn't want to go on a date just even once with a girl like you. I bet you're really pretty too, and smart, and well spoken. My loss.
Lurker
0 likes
I think it is quite clear that what makes someone physically or sexually attractive and what makes them attractive as people in general and for a MATE (as in life partner, not fuck buddy) are not quite the same things. Ideally we want our partners to meet a wide range of desires and needs of ours, not just one. And the things that make a person attractive for other than sexual purposes tend to not hinge on physical attributes (I am not saying the physical is not important though, because it IS).

But on another note, there are people who are physically (because they are mentally attracted) attracted to people with wealth, power, or fame; no matter WHAT they look like. The mental desire for those things become a physical manifestation.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I know some guys that I can even tell are ugly and they're badly out of shape too, that have gorgeous girlfriends or wives because they have a lot of money, power and job prestige. I know one guy that is short, bald, pudgy with puny shoulders, and has a large beak nose, big ears, and wears thick eyeglasses, but he is very rich. He has a beautiful sexy trophy wife and a beautiful sexy mistress on the side. But to be fair, I know chunky rich middle aged woman of average looks at best that has a pretty-boy-toy, body-building, much younger boyfriend. She recently bought him a Porsche.

I wonder about the happiness of those relationships. I guess everyone has their own priorities.

It's a crazy world.
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I know some guys that I can even tell are ugly and they're badly out of shape too, that have gorgeous girlfriends or wives because they have a lot of money, power and job prestige. I know one guy that is short, bald, pudgy with puny shoulders, and has a large beak nose, big ears, and wears thick eyeglasses, but he is very rich. He has a beautiful sexy trophy wife and a beautiful sexy mistress on the side. But to be fair, I know chunky rich middle aged woman of average looks at best that has a pretty-boy-toy, body-building, much younger boyfriend. She recently bought him a Porsche.

I wonder about the happiness of those relationships. I guess everyone has their own priorities.

It's a crazy world.

You have to make your choices in life. Decide what's important and go with it. That's how you get to be happy. Money just lets you have more stuff and gives you more choices - in itself, it doesn't make you happy.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by vines

I can tell Dancing_Doll wants it all but will sacrifice money for what she calls true love. naughtynurse, wants a man with drive because he's in it for numaro uno. You're mixing up drive with cut throat. A person with real drive is the type that brings others around him closer in order to achieve his goals because the biggest goals can't be achieved alone. Instead what we see almost always is back door deals, laws that favor the ones that make them, lieing and cheating. Cutthroat and drive are close the difference is in how one goes about achieving the goals set forth. Kimasa you won't find me on any of those types of things biggrin So I guess you could say it wasn't meant to be. I mean that's good in a way because I wouldn't want to go on a date just even once with a girl like you. I bet you're really pretty too, and smart, and well spoken. My loss.

I didn't say that I want a guy who looks out for himself. I'm saying I refuse to be in a situation again where I'm working two jobs to support a man who does nothing. I'm not demanding a lot. I ask that a man make similar to what I do. I'm not interested in a rich guy, for similar reasons to what doll said. My experiences with rich guys have been as uncomplimentary as the experience with the poor guy. Like goldilocks, I'd like the one who is "just right"
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have always said, if I had to pick between a rich man who doesn't have a sense of humor, doesn't make me feel safe and I can't be myself around or a man who has income but is working on himself and trying to better his situation with drive and ambition, I will always pick the 2nd man. Like most have said, there is a difference between being broke because your trying to better your situation or you hit some bad luck and being broke because your lazy. Ambition and drive are very sexy qualities.
Lurker
0 likes
hell no

doesn't matter to me, has no bearing
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by vines
To all the guys reading this. Money, yup if you dont have it those women who look like beauty queens or models will not give you a second look. I know first hand. I've been with these types of women. So much so I can't even count the number. For the longest time I wondered why these women weren't full hearted in the relationship. I have a good sense of humor. I'm good looking (Ive had women tell me I am the most beautiful man they have ever seen in real life). I'm strong, thoughtful, kind, and giving. Yet the womam I would be with would be seeing another man who had money. I know this because they would tell me this. I never asked for anything yet they would buy me clothes and watches. You ever been in an infinity pool? I have. All because of this girl who I thought was my girlfriend turns out she was with a other dude. And every time I would draw the line and say it's him or me, they would pick the dude with money.

Methinks you're full of shit. However, you're young and you can turn it around.

It's all up to you (as it is up to all of us).

Lose the bitterness and you have a better than 50/50 chance (cuz you're Caucasian). But most beautiful looking dude they ever met?

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
... It becomes all plastic fun bubblegum that's ridiculously fun to chew, but it will rot you(r teeth) to the core... eventually….

THIS!

I love that line and totally agree!
ISO sexy married women to fulfill their deepest desires... did i mention I love it really wet?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Money, per se, Is not the attractive factor in a man, BUT, the drive, ability, intelligence and education needed to attain his goals IS.
I think a driven, successful man that knows what he wants and how to get it is HOT.
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by NickiC

Agree. Money has never been and still isn't a motivator for me but at the same time, being poor because he's lazy or can't spend his money wisely, that is also a big turn off not to mention a red flag in terms of how he might be in a relationship.

For me, if we're speaking about dollars and cents only and not taking into consideration a host of other more important qualities that make a man attractive, I am much more attracted to someone who has a dream or passion and who has and takes initiative to improve themselves and their lives. Even if he falls flat on his face over and over again, that goes a long way for me and is, in my mind, way more attractive than what his bank balance might reveal.

It's about character
0 likes
define poor

as in he doesn't want to work or better himself?

poor because of some circumstance in life?a divorce or accident or health reason

poor for he is lazy?

I don't know

to be honest if he was poor for he was helping others...to make their lives better no..it would not matter

If he was poor due to the fact that he had no ambition or wanted someone to take care of him like a mama

then no

interesting question

do I want to support a man no

but if I was rich and he was less

no it would not matter
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When you fall in love, you fall in love. Money doesn't come into it.
" I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer"
Woody Allen
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Methinks you're full of shit. However, you're young and you can turn it around.

It's all up to you (as it is up to all of us).

Lose the bitterness and you have a better than 50/50 chance (cuz you're Caucasian). But most beautiful looking dude they ever met?

I am not sure how to answer back. As far as my ethic background I don't think that would matter to a woman. I not looking for a partner. I was merely giving my insight from first hand experience. I have found a great woman. As for females remarking on my looks, chicks say the darnest things. I have had women say I'm the prefect guy (same chicks that went bye bye for a dude with loads of cash). One chick told me I had the prefect dick. Women say these things but at the end of the day I just shrug my shoulders at it all.
Right now I'm just trying write and one day bring great books to the fans that they will cherish till their dieing day. The point I was trying to comment on was that most women won't wait around. They want you to already have things going in your favor.