Is Cybering Cheating?

last reply
104 replies
10.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not sure if anyone has covered this before, but I was curious what people think. If you are in a relationship, is it cheating to cyber with someone?
Lurker
0 likes
That's a real good question.

I predict some good debate here.
Lurker
0 likes
To me it's cheating if your partner isn't aware and you're keeping it from them because you know they wouldn't approve.
Lurker
0 likes
Sounds right to me SE.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sweet_escape
To me it's cheating if your partner isn't aware and you're keeping it from them because you know they wouldn't approve.

well articulated, and my position exactly.
Mr Nobody
0 likes
I disagree.. Chatting to someone by email/mssenger probably over great
distances is a harmless piece of self entertaiment between 2 people.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lexylove
Quote by sweet_escape

well articulated, and my position exactly.

I agree!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree Sweet, Lexy and Ali.

If you're hiding - ask your self why.

Bat
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree! It's definitely cheating if you are keeping it a secret.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
And if it isn't with your partner doesn't that signify that something is missing??? and if that isn't fixed so much as you have to cyber with someone how long would it be before you were cheating for real because the cyber wasn't enough?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
exactly orion.....how long before you cheat for real?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
ain't that the truth, my ex was like that. it started on line and went over into real life.
Lurker
0 likes
jebru, you already know my answer to this ;) I agree with sweet_escape, it's cheating (or at least unfaithful) if you're doing it behind your partner's back.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I thought most people would anser yes to this, but I'm surprised there aren't more people who think its just a healthy form of fantasy.
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Chatting/email/messenger...all harmless in my mind. But cybering is different in my opinion. If you are having sex with someone, even if it is via computer, it's still sex. If your partner knows, that is one thing, but if they don't, that's cheating. Just my thoughts,

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

Book Four in the Mac and Grace Saga begins:

Boardrooms & Boudoirs

And the latest micros:

Sated Bliss

Birthday Spankings

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Cybering is not cheating. All you are doing is masturbating; and all guys do that...(well 95% admit to it) I don't know about women. Women do have a much lower sex drive by all surveys I have seen. They force us to meet our needs through masturbation.

I had better duck now. I can already see the shoes headed towards my head.....LOL
Lurker
0 likes
I think you're reading the wrong surveys.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by techgoddess
Chatting/email/messenger...all harmless in my mind. But cybering is different in my opinion. If you are having sex with someone, even if it is via computer, it's still sex. If your partner knows, that is one thing, but if they don't, that's cheating. Just my thoughts,

Exactly what Tech said. As long as all people involved know about it and are cool with it then no big deal. It becomes a problem when you have to hide about it
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, otherwise why hide?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by baker992009
Cybering is not cheating. All you are doing is masturbating; and all guys do that...(well 95% admit to it) I don't know about women. Women do have a much lower sex drive by all surveys I have seen. They force us to meet our needs through masturbation.

I had better duck now. I can already see the shoes headed towards my head.....LOL

*throws a shoe*

So it wouldn't bother you if you found out your partner was regularly cybering with another man and keeping it from you? I'd be pretty annoyed if that happened to me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sweet_escape
Quote by baker992009

*throws a shoe*

So it wouldn't bother you if you found out your partner was regularly cybering with another man and keeping it from you? I'd be pretty annoyed if that happened to me.

If I caught my hubby cybering with another man I would be more than annoyed!
Smiley Guru
0 likes
Quote by ali2teaseu

If I caught my hubby cybering with another man I would be more than annoyed!

Even if he believes he was cybering with a woman, he most likely was cybering with another man.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
CYBERING IS CHEATING if it is kept a secret, whether it is with a man or a woman. If you and your significant other both agree to it then so be it .

------------>throwing a big shoe at baker LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Good for you Tech! Glad to see you!
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Quote by fystee
CYBERING IS CHEATING if it is kept a secret, whether it is with a man or a woman. If you and your significant other both agree to it then so be it .

------------>throwing a big shoe at baker LOL

AMEN!

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

Book Four in the Mac and Grace Saga begins:

Boardrooms & Boudoirs

And the latest micros:

Sated Bliss

Birthday Spankings

Lurker
0 likes
unfortunately, I think cheating is defined however your spouse/significant other would define it- at least practically speaking.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
if you are just entertaining yourself and not hurting either of the partners you are with, how can it be cheating. do you tell them every time you fantise while masterbating? is there ready muich of the difference?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by baker992009

Damn, straight, buster...
What's the difference between a bad golfer and a bad sky diver??

One goes... WHACK... DARN!!!

the other: DAAAAAARRRRRNNNNN..... WHACK... *Bloody red stain on the ground*