Audio stories.

last reply
14 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Site administrator
0 likes
Erm .. very likely being a silly billy here but I want to submit a story with an audio file and looking at the story submission form I cant see how to do that.

Someone please tell me .. tea and cookies (biscuits if you are UK) for the person who helps me .. I promise!
Site administrator
0 likes
Bumpy bumpy

edit - scrub the tea and cookies .. ups the ante to steak and chips lol.

another edit - ok ok steak and chips and a glass of milk then!
Mazztastic
0 likes
Hey John, you need to make your recording and email it to Gav or Callisto - if it's just a short audio, you can attach it to your email. If it's a larger one, you may have to upload it to a sharing site. I use: Sendthisfile.com

Good luck! Be great to hear another male voice on the site!

Site administrator
0 likes

Thanks Mazza and Verity .. erm please share the above .. Im not made of money!!

Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
Hey John, you need to make your recording and email it to Gav or Callisto - if it's just a short audio, you can attach it to your email. If it's a larger one, you may have to upload it to a sharing site. I use: Sendthisfile.com

lol .. lets see!
Site administrator
0 likes
Im not sure I am grasping this .. so one uses Sound Recorder which creates a .WAV file and then one has to download software to convert that into MP3? .. omg .. why is everything so difficult .. sad

Mazza!!! Help lol.

All I want to do is breath really heavily and say things like ... mmm and argh and omg to go with the story ..
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
Im not sure I am grasping this .. so one uses Sound Recorder which creates a .WAV file and then one has to download software to convert that into MP3? .. omg .. why is everything so difficult .. sad

Mazza!!! Help lol.

All I want to do is breath really heavily and say things like ... mmm and argh and omg to go with the story ..

I've done loads of audios, this was given to me from a former member...

If you want to record on the computer, you have a couple of options:

1) Windows sound recorder, which can be located by clicking on your start menu, going to the search box and typing 'sound' into it (no inverted commas, obviously, but just to be clear) the search results should come up and you should see it right at the top of the start menu. From there you can record with your built in mic, if the computer/laptop has one, or use an external mic, if you prefer. The rest is pretty self explanatory once you've got the program up.

2) Download Audacity. Here's a link:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

You'll also need the LAME MP3 plugin if you want to export as MP3, here's the link:

http://lame1.buanzo.com.ar/

Still breathing? Right, I'll get to the fun bit now: Recording with Audacity

First, plug in your mic if you're using one. It should be automatically detected by Audacity. Hit the record button, start jabbering, press stop when you're finished and then click "file", then select "export", give it a name and you're jamming If it asks you to locate the LAME MP3 plugin, point it to where you saved it (just because I'm a lazy sod, I usually just stick it on the desktop) and then it should export your file as an MP3

Then you send it to Gav. At least that is who I have always sent it to. ^_^
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Mazza!!! Help lol.

When you're ready to email it, please send it to me and I'll upload it for you, Gav has quite a bit on his plate.

Thank you.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Mazza!!! Help lol.

Sorry John!! I never saw this until now!! Poppet's advice is good, although you can export directly from Audacity (that's the program I use too) as an MP3 file without having to download anything extra...

Feel free to PM me if I can be of any further assistance - I've recorded a fair few audios too, so can probably help. I'd also be happy to "tidy" yours up for you - ie remove extra spaces and stuff if you'd like me too

Site administrator
0 likes
Thank you so much Poppet and Mazza once more. I tried to record it yesterday about 12 times and kept screwing up!! ugh I will try again later.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
If you own a Mac, it has its own audio recording and mp3 conversion capabilities built in so you don't have to download apps and plugins. I know what you mean about re-re-re-recording until you get it right! I've only done one audio and it took uncounted tries, and I STILL wound up with a notification chime messing up my recording! Grrrrrrr....
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
If you own a Mac, it has its own audio recording and mp3 conversion capabilities built in so you don't have to download apps and plugins. I know what you mean about re-re-re-recording until you get it right! I've only done one audio and it took uncounted tries, and I STILL wound up with a notification chime messing up my recording! Grrrrrrr....

Ok I lol'ed at that since I was recording half an hour ago and I was here on Lush and someone sent me an online message .. like duh me!! STOP/START AGAIN!.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

Yes! Another male voice in the wilderness. I feel so much less alone!

I'm pretty much echoing the others here, Audacity is free and easy to use. I wouldn't bother with the LAME extension for .mp3's unless it is really long (heh). I used a .wav. My biggest problem was that it was always too big (heh) for Lush email, but a regular email works just fine.

The only thing I would add is that it helps to be a little bit horny while you are reading it. And imagine that the listener knows you are smile. You'll relax, and worry less about mistakes.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

Yes! Another male voice in the wilderness. I feel so much less alone!

I'm pretty much echoing the others here, Audacity is free and easy to use. I wouldn't bother with the LAME extension for .mp3's unless it is really long (heh). I used a .wav. My biggest problem was that it was always too big (heh) for Lush email, but a regular email works just fine.

The only thing I would add is that it helps to be a little bit horny while you are reading it. And imagine that the listener knows you are smile. You'll relax, and worry less about mistakes.

I have included in mine some heavy breathing and I also mention steak and chips inbetween paragraphs so yes I have done that.
Lurker
0 likes
This may be a daft question, but I've not been here long, so do excuse me.

I uploaded a story a few days ago called "Forceful Enlightenment". Would it be possible to attach an audio file to that story?

If so, to whom should I send the Mp3 file?