last reply
2 replies
4.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Review: Sensuelle Wireless Bullet

Wireless vibrators have always intrigued me ever since I heard about them a few years ago. The Lelo Lyla 2 particularly captured my attention as it seemed to be a high-quality product that's fully reliable, something that you definitely want with these toys, especially if you intend to use them in public.

As I wasn't in a steady relationship until a few weeks ago however, the thought of really buying one never crossed my mind: considering the price of these items (around $120 for the Lyla 2), you'd definitely want to invest such an amount for a special gift to your significant other, and not quite for your casual sexual adventures. Luckily though, I recently established a relationship with a new girlfriend and with Valentine's Day that was coming up, I thought that such a toy could be a wonderful gift to offer, even more so since it is considered to be a couples' toy first and foremost. What a great way to show my affection, and to strengthen the bond between us by provoking a few fun sexual adventures!

Ordering it...

I started looking for different wireless vibrators over the web, but soon came to the conclusion that the Lelo Lyla 2 was a bit too expensive for my Valentine's Day budget, especially since I also intended to bring my girlfriend to the restaurant and offer her a few other minor gifts. I wasn't even sure if she'd really appreciate such a toy, considering that it can be a bit unsettling to use in public and that having a vibrator inside her pussy for a significant amount of time can also become a little uncomfortable after a while.

I thus opted for a budget of around $50-60 instead. As you can imagine however, these types of toys being fairly rare on the market, I was rather limited in my choices. I also had quite a few specific criteria in mind, mostly because this was intended to be offered as a meaningful gift to commemorate my new relationship: it had to be presentable, functional, reliable, quiet, powerful, enjoyable, etc., etc.

I finally stumbled across a vibrator that met virtually every of my criteria totally by chance on Amazon: the Nü Sensuelle Wireless Bullet. The announced price also corresponded exactly to my intended budget. I kept reading about its specifications and also checked many different reviews, and it just kept getting better.

Here are the overall specifications, as well as different qualities mentioned repeatedly in various reviews:

- Suggested Retail Price: $59.99
- Available in 3 colors: Black, Pink, Purple
- Rechargeable
- 10 function modes and vibrations
- Range: 65 feet (20 m)
- Small and lightweight (2.95 x 0.80 inches, 30g)
- Powerful and quiet (more on that later)
- Ultra smooth, silky texture
- 1 year warranty

These were pretty much the exact qualities that I was initially seeking: perfect price, perfect features. I was deeply thrilled! As well, a considerable amount of positive reviews were available on Amazon (and elsewhere), something that greatly reinforced my initial enthusiasm. Here's how people rated it on Amazon:

At first though, I hesitated between two wireless items from this same company: the bullet and the egg (shown in purple and pink, respectively). I'll also talk about the other black pointy vibrator extensively in a further post, as it also received a lot of praise from many reviewers:

Note: The white remote belongs to the pink egg, and not to the black vibrator (which is a conventional vibrator).

As you can observe, the bullet is significantly longer than the egg, but also much thinner. Here's a visual comparison of the two that I created according to the dimensions of each. I also included the Lelo Lyla, which as you can see is about as long as the bullet and as thick as the egg:

Note: The scale is realistic, but the vibrators can appear smaller/larger depending on the size of your monitor. I personally have a 17" monitor, and they appear slightly smaller than they really are.

I hesitated a little before settling for a definitive choice, but after a bit of consideration, the bullet really was the ideal shape for how I intended to use this toy.

First, it is likely a lot less noticeable when inserted inside a pussy (I even read some reviews who mentioned that the egg can be a little uncomfortable/painful at times, and I assume that the Lelo Lyla is also fairly similar). A small shape can be a slight disadvantage for applying a firm pressure/vibration on the g-spot, but it can also be an advantage concerning comfort/subtlety, especially when it's used for a longer period of time in a public setting where you have to walk, change positions, dance, and when you sometimes wish to forget about it a little. I preferred to opt for the safest option and thus chose delicacy over firm pressure, especially since I wasn't so sure how my girlfriend would react to this whole idea in the first place.

Second, according to my own experiences, these small bullets are a lot more versatile and fun to use in the bedroom, especially during oral sex (a lot more on that later).

I also hesitated between the black and the purple versions. My girlfriend already owns quite a few toys in different shades of purple (her favorite color concerning sex toys actually), but then a thought occurred to me: since this toy was partially meant to be used in public, the black version could be a lot more discreet. The black remote even looks like the remote control of a car, which can be practical if you ever need to take it out of your pocket for any particular reason (if you're experiencing issues with it, notably). The purple/pink versions would certainly raise a lot more suspicion, especially if the girl that's accompanying you is simultaneously experiencing spasms and contorting her entire body erratically. My girlfriend also has a few other black toys anyway (her second favorite color in fact), so I definitely chose the black version.

I thus ordered the black bullet. After searching for deals I paid mine only $45 (+$10 shipping), but you could easily find it yourself for around $30-35 on Amazon if you live in the United States; the prices are always a bit higher where I live.

Receiving it...

I received it in due time (about a week before Valentine's Day) and was eager to offer it to my beloved girlfriend. I wrapped the box in a nice wrapping paper and waited impatiently for a whole week before finally getting her to open up the box and putting this vibrator to the test.

When Saturday the 14th finally arrived, I advised my girlfriend to come to my place before heading out to the restaurant. I told her that this was simply to have a drink and to offer her my gift (which was partially true), but of course it was mostly a cruel ploy to put that vibrator on charge and to plunge it deep inside her sweet little pussy before our evening together.

The events unfolded as planned and she finally got to unwrap her gift (as well as receive two roses simply for fun), while we were drinking a delicious cider. As you can see, the overall package of this vibrator is quite presentable: it's very subtle and pleasant to look at, you can definitely see that the company put some thoughts behind it, and you also get the impression that this is a quality product. Not exactly a high-end toy that comes in a signature box (eg. Lelo), but definitely acceptable to be offered as a gift and perfectly representative of the price I paid for it:

Nothing to do with those crappy toys that are meant for college girls on a budget, with flashy colors and a raunchy blonde that's licking a stripper pole in the background:

My only complaint concerning the overall appearance of this product is the remote itself. You probably thought the same too before I even mentioned it, and a lot of reviewers also shared a similar opinion: it does look rather cheap. In fact, I noticed this exact same remote in many different products while looking for wireless vibrators, from cheaper bullets to cock-rings:

Are these companies related, you might ask? That's very unlikely: I work in this field (manufacturing processes, that is), and I know how this works. In the great majority of cases, these different well-known companies are mainly 'assemblers' of products, and not proper 'manufacturers'; they buy different parts from various manufacturers (eg. plastic casings, power units, parts of mechanisms, etc.) or occasionally request the fabrication of a special item, but their implication in the manufacturing process is rather limited. For the record, a few years ago some Jaguars had the exact same door handles as low-end Mazda models.

This is likely what happened here: this company simply preferred to use a standard casing to assemble their remotes, rather than to request a specific manufacturer to design a unique one. Considering that this might lower the cost of their final product by about $10-15, I'd say that this is a pretty decent compromise for the customer.

Anyway, my girlfriend was excited by this whole idea and finally got to open up the box. I tried to maintain my usual composed attitude myself, but deep down inside I couldn't help but feel like a little boy on Christmas morning. Here's what the whole package includes:

- Remote
- Bullet vibrator
- Recharging base
- USB plug
- AC adapter (not shown below)
- Silky carrying bag
- Instruction manual

We then plugged the recharging base and installed the vibrator on it; charging the complete battery takes around 35-50 minutes according to the instruction manual, which happened to be accurate. This is very fast, but it comes at a cost: the battery also dies out rather fast, somewhere around 30-35 minutes according to the instructions, but nearer to 40-45 minutes in reality if you don't always use it on the most intense settings. In comparison, the Lelo Lyla takes around 2 hours to recharge but can also last for 2 hours. In the end you still have a charge-time/play-time ratio that's similar for both toys, although the Sensuelle vibrator will require more frequent recharging.

Another slight issue with recharging which was mentioned by some reviewers is that the vibrator doesn't stay on its base properly. I somehow disagree with that: there is no clip or magnet that keeps the bullet firmly fixated in place, but if you place it properly and don't touch it much or don't trip on the wire, it will most likely recharge correctly. There is a small red/green indicator on the recharging base which tells you if your vibrator is properly recharging anyway.

A few other minor considerations before turning it on and finally testing it:

First, if you look at the bottom of the bullet, you can see the charging poles which connect to the recharging base. I saw those even before ordering this vibrator, and couldn't help but wonder: is this toy waterproof? A lot of reviewers wondered the same. To this day, I'm still not sure how resistant to water it is, but I doubt that it is fully waterproof. Basically, the manufacturer discloses very little information about this: there is no waterproof stated anywhere on the box or in the instructions, but then again there is no do not put this vibrator in water caution either. My own opinion is that it is probably quite resistant to water, but still not fully waterproof; it could easily resist to a few drops/splashes of water, but using it in the bath/shower probably isn't a good idea. In other words, it's likely very safe to use internally inside a pussy, and it might survive if you drop it in water, but constantly submerging it in water could be problematic. In either case, the company offers a 1 year warranty so you could have it replaced if anything goes wrong.

Second, if you look at that last picture again, you can see that a plastic loop is attached to the bottom of the bullet. Do not be stupid and cut it in any circumstance (like some reviewers did)! It serves two purposes: 1) it's the antenna for the remote, 2) it's useful for retrieval. Although slightly annoying (according to my girlfriend), it really wasn't all that problematic when the bullet was inserted in her pussy for an extended period of time: simply place the loop comfortably when inserting the bullet and putting your panties back on, and you'll be fine.

Testing it...

Time to finally test its power! Here's the proper way to turn it on and to use it:

1- Press the power button at the bottom of the bullet (a dim purple light will appear).
2- Press the H10 button on the remote. This will activate the first mode of vibrations.
3- Cycle through the 10 modes by pressing the H10 button again.
4- Turn the vibrations off at will by pressing the power button on the remote.
5- When you're done playing, press the power button at the bottom of the bullet to turn the whole system off.

I must admit, simply testing the different modes of vibrations in my hand really made me satisfied with my purchase. I couldn't find the proper schematics of each vibration mode anywhere, but they're quite varied. To present it simply, you have:

Modes #1-3: steady vibrations, ranging from low to high (the mode #3 is by far the strongest mode of this bullet)
Modes #4-10: various patterns of vibrations (from quick pulses, to undulating waves of intensity, to different teasing patterns)

Now concerning the noise and the power produced by this vibrator, I could throw around a few subjective adjectives, but the best way to remain objective and to offer you an accurate description would be to compare it to other vibrators. Luckily, I found the perfect website for that while writing this review:

Vibrator Institute, courtesy of Vibrators.com

These people sell different vibrators, but they also test each one of them with different accessories to measure their level of noise (from Whisper to Thundering) and the power of their vibrations (from Gentle to Unrelenting). And fortunately, the Sensuelle Wireless Bullet is featured on this site (bizarrely though, they almost never divulge the proper names of their vibrators).

If you look at its ratings at the middle of the page, here's how it stands:

Pretty favorable ratings both in terms of noise and power, as you can see. For those that are familiar with different basic toys, it's comparable to the Silver Bullet and the Pocket Rocket in terms of power, but much less noisy (both of these toys are rated Hum/Intense). And it received the exact same ratings as the Jopen Envy Fifteen and the We-Vibe 4, two high-end wireless toys that are in the $100-120 range. Sadly the Lelo Lyla isn't featured on this site, but a certain someone will be pleased to learn that the Lelo Soraya received a perfect score of Whisper/Unrelenting.

Although the Sensuelle Wireless Bullet produces a certain sound, it's barely audible in most modes and it's unlikely that anybody will hear it in a crowded social setting. A word of advice though: the mode #3 is super strong (and pleasurable!), but also significantly louder. If you read a few reviews, you'll notice that a lot of people comment on that mode ("My god! The mode #3 really packs a punch, doesn't it!?"). There's a big gap between the modes #2-3 (medium to high) as opposed to the gap between the modes #1-2 (low to medium); and the other modes of patterns are also more moderate. If you want to remain undetected in public, I'd use this mode very sporadically, although it can also add to the whole excitement of potentially getting caught.

Playing with it...

And now the moment which all of you dirty perverts have been waiting for all along... time to pull the panties of my girlfriend down and to plunge that vibrator deep inside her cute little vajayjay! First and foremost, this vibrator could either be used internally (which my girlfriend agreed upon), or externally by simply letting it rest against the clitoris in your panties. The bullet itself only weights 30g (which is roughly the weight of a Quaker snack bar) and it's also very small as presented before, so it's fairly versatile.

Just so you people know, my girlfriend isn't quite a g-spot nymphet: she can orgasm from it occasionally in the right mood/conditions, but this isn't something that she tries to accomplish all the time. According to her, being filled pretty tightly greatly helps her achieve a g-spot orgasm (her main vibrator is in fact rather girthy) and she also often needs to stimulate her clitoris along with it, so I wasn't exactly expecting her to orgasm from this relatively small vibrator. Teasing was what I was aiming for, but holy hell did that thing managed to tease her. More or less, imagine that you can intensely caress your significant other's pussy at will in any public setting, from a distance of up to 65 feet.

I won't offer a detailed story featuring dialogues as with some of my other reviews because this one product already has quite a lot of details to disclose, but I can still offer you the highlights of the evening. First, I knew that the battery could only last for about 40 minutes of constant use, and I thus teased my girlfriend's pussy sporadically rather than to stimulate it constantly. It was actually funner that way, she almost forgot about it at times (and our romantic evening wasn't solely focused on that vibrator either), but then I reached for my pocket and turned it back on when she least expected it, while switching from one mode to the next.

At first, I tried to memorize which mode was active in my mind, but I eventually lost track and just kept guessing, which was exciting even for me. A few times, I wasn't even sure if it was on/off anymore, and I simply kept changing the modes until I stumbled on the dreadful #3 setting and could definitely hear a distinct buzz coming from my girlfriend's crotch. Being the mischievous bastard that I am, I also couldn't help but turn it on every goddamn time the waiter approached our table, at the very precise moment where he addressed my girlfriend; I swear, simply ordering that plate of seafood pasta proved to be strenuous for her. And I also kept it turned on for a few minutes at times, just to annoy the hell out of her while I was trying to maintain my best poker-face and forcing a cheesy romantic conversation: "I never noticed it before, but there really is something vibrant in your eyes. I swear, I can definitely feel a strong vibe between us."

This whole product worked perfectly well I must say, and observing my girlfriend trying to contain herself was so deliciously erotic and raunchy. As I previously said, this vibrator didn't bring her to the edge of orgasm, but I could definitely feel that "You're getting me so fucking horny!" sensation coming from her. When we finally left the restaurant and no one was around, her very first words were: "Damn, my pussy is so fucking wet!"

The ride back home was also quite lascivious. I had other plans with that vibrator for later in the evening (oral sex mostly), but I intended to recharge it beforehand anyway, so I didn't bother with emptying what was left of the battery in my car; I simply let it vibrate on the mode #3 while she kept playing with her clit underneath her evening dress. And of course, she couldn't help but massage my own dick through my pants, while teasing me and constantly reminding me that she also had a gift for me.

The battery died out just a few minutes before we arrived at my apartment. As soon as we got inside, I pulled her panties down, licked the generous amount of fluid that was dripping from her pussy, and retrieved the vibrator. I rapidly cleaned it with paper towels and placed it on the recharging base; in the meantime, my girlfriend went to my bathroom to 'prepare her gift'. I quickly got naked and sat on my bed with an enormous hard-on, my cock pulsating with burning desire. My girlfriend finally got out of the bathroom, wearing a luxurious red lingerie outfit including stockings and a garter belt. To be frank, I was rather expecting it as I kept mentioning that I love red lingerie on a brunette a few weeks prior (subtle, I know). The sight of it was severely enticing however, and I couldn't help but to kiss her passionately while massaging her cute little ass. We teased each other for a few minutes, until I finally removed her bra, pulled her panties to the side and fucked both her pussy and asshole as they deserved.

I finally spurted a huge amount of cum inside her mouth and she swallowed it all; I certainly didn't want to spoil her wonderful outfit by cumming all over her. We quieted down soon after that, and we took the opportunity to cuddle and to finish the bottle of cider that I opened up earlier that evening. "You're so going to fucking enjoy it when that vibrator will be recharged," I whispered to her ear at some point. I removed the rest of her lingerie slowly while kissing her and massaging her wet pussy with my hand. When she was finally fully naked (except for her awesome red stockings), I checked the vibrator to see if it was fully charged: it was. Time to test how well it delivered in the bedroom.

I've always preferred these short vibrators/bullets for couple play, especially during oral sex; I even bought some to play with girls at times throughout the years. The second one from the left, the TCB from California Exotic Novelties, is a pretty decent one for around $20-25 that's available in many sex-shops; and then you have the last one, the Silver Bullet from Doc Johnson, that's quite popular although much louder and also more difficult to maneuver properly inside a pussy:

My girlfriend didn't have any of these, she mostly only had her main vibrator as well as those typical long/narrow/straight ones that she likes to slide inside her ass at times (eg. Doc Johnson's Velvet Touch). The Sensuelle Wireless Bullet was thus a great addition to her overall collection as well, aside from simply being a remote toy that can be used in public.

The reasons that I prefer smaller toys for couple play are many. First of all, if we're talking about intercourse exclusively, they're a lot less cumbersome and are usually more versatile. For example, if I'm fucking a girl's ass from behind and want to use a vibrator on her pussy, a long vibrator is much more difficult to manipulate. I'm never sure how deep it is inside of her (which can be particularly dangerous with those longer ones that can hit her cervix) and it's thus hard to figure out which zones of her pussy I'm stimulating exactly. It's also harder to stimulate her clit with the tip of the toy. You don't have any of these problems with shorter vibrators. If I want to use a larger toy during anal sex, I might as well use a standard dildo and simply provide a rapid in-and-out fucking motion inside her pussy.

Now if she's lying on her back and wants me to stimulate her pussy with a larger vibrator, that's simply boring (unless the toy has a unique design which I feel like experimenting with, and even then). Basically, the vibrator is then competing against me and the intimate interactions between my partner and myself become very limited; I just feel like a lame spectator that's simply holding her toy and providing her a sensation that's ten times less pleasurable than what she could deliver to her own self by using the same toy.

If I want to lick her pussy while using a large vibrator, it's just as bad. Look at these diagrams:

With a long vibrator (left) you still encounter most of the problems mentioned above: it's hard to know how deep the toy is inside her and to locate her g-spot, it's difficult to stimulate her clit with the tip of the toy, your elbow/shoulder are placed in an awkward position, etc. As well, there can be a lot of interference between your hand and your chin in some positions; it's not as bad if you approach her clit from the top with your head/tongue, but it still greatly limits your options. Medium-sized vibrators (in the 6 inches range) are already an improvement, but still not the best.

With a bullet or a shorter vibrator (right), all these issues disappear: it's much easier to figure out how deep the vibrator is inside her (most of the time you'll be right on her g-spot when there's only 0-1 inches out), removing the toy from her pussy and stimulating her clit/labia with it is simple, the placement of your hand is much more natural. It's also a lot more intimate and delicate: all the action is centered on the opening of her pussy, you even get to constantly feel her juices on your fingers. Even better, you can actually insert a finger or two inside her pussy to help you manipulate the toy. Both you and the vibrator are then working tightly together rather than fighting for space: you can curl your fingers to offer more girth and to push the vibrator against her g-spot, you can flicker them rapidly to add a pulsating sensation, you can tilt the vibrator with your thumb and thus approach her g-spot from a different angle.

Anyway, I've always preferred smaller toys myself for couple play, and such an item was totally lacking in our arsenal. That small bullet was simply perfect in size to perform all the techniques mentioned in my previous paragraph; it worked like an additional vibrating finger inside my girlfriend's pussy while I was also performing oral. Now imagine this: I actually gave her the remote while performing all of this. As much as I was assuming the greatest part of control, she could still slightly modulate her own pleasure by choosing the vibrating mode, simply by lounging on her back and pressing on a mere button with her thumb. It also served as a mean of communication: when she selected a quieter teasing pattern, I knew that she wanted something a bit subtler, and modified my movements accordingly; when she selected something more intense (ie. the infamous mode #3), I also increased my own intensity. Needless to say, she thoroughly enjoyed it, and so did I.

Really, the options are unlimited with this toy if you're creative: she can apply it on her clit while I'm trusting inside her pussy, she can insert it inside her pussy and handle the remote while I'm fucking her ass wildly, we could even try to use it similarly to the Lelo Ida and place it between her g-spot and my dick during intercourse. And of course, we can also use it in many different settings to tease: restaurant, social activity, inside a car, while lounging at home, etc.

Final words...

I highly recommend this product. Some of its features are reminiscent of much more expensive toys (ie. rechargeable, power of the vibrations, noise level, overall functionality, etc.) and it's the perfect couple's toy, or at least it is for me. It's in fact rather funny and coincidental that I offered it as my very first official girlfriend's gift, and that it happened to be on Valentine's Day: it really seemed to officialize our relationship and to create a fun bond between us. Some people use jewelry for that, I much prefer sex toys myself, haha.

To be fair though, I don't think that she'll be using this toy alone by herself much, but this is what I expected even before buying it. She already owns a much better vibrator for vaginal stimulation, and she has always been partial to Pocket Rockets for clitoral stimulation. This bullet is quieter than a Pocket Rocket and also just as intense, but the shape of the Pocket Rocket is overall more versatile I believe, especially for pinpointing the head of the clitoris with the metal studs. Having said that, you might remember the black pointy vibrator from the same company that I presented earlier in this review while comparing the bullet and the egg: that might actually do the trick to replace her Pocket Rockets, I'll talk about it extensively in a further post.

I'm also very glad to have discovered this company: you can definitely see that they care about the products that they develop and release on the market, as opposed to some other companies who simply bombard sex-shops with dozens of useless toys. They only released 5 products so far, but all of them are ingeniously designed; I'll talk about these too later. It's nice to see a new mid-range company entering the market of sex toys, it's something that's absolutely lacking in my opinion: there are many companies covering the $5-40 price range (eg. Doc Johnson, CalExotics, Nasstoys, etc.) and then there are those covering the $100-200 range (eg. Lelo, Jopen, Jimmy Jane, etc.), but very few companies are covering the $40-80 range in between. This is especially great for the kind of products reviewed here, where quality is an important factor and yet you don't necessarily want to invest $100-200 because you might be using it on an occasional basis only.

Anyway, check this company out if you're interested: Nü Sensuelle
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
As promised, here are some other interesting toys from this company.

First, the Sensuelle Point, which I've read a lot of praise about while buying/reviewing my own wireless bullet:

It doesn't look all that special at first, but here's the thing: it's tremendously powerful. Some reviewers even admitted that it's in fact the strongest powered toy that they've ever tried, even professional ones who've tested dozens of high-end vibrators (including Lelo).

It received a rating of Hum/Unrelenting, according to the website mentioned in my main review:

Essentially, it resembles the We-Vibe Tango (which costs around $70), who also received a lot of praise due to its powerful vibrations, but the Sensuelle Point is much stronger, has twice as many functions (20 in total), and is available for nearly $25 less (I've seen it for as low as $26.95 on Amazon):

The shape is interesting too with its pointy head, which can be great to pinpoint the clitoris. It might be worth checking out if you're interested in a small, powerful clitoral massager; I'll most probably buy it for my girlfriend myself at some point. Here's how its size compares to my wireless bullet:

And check out what this reviewer has to say about it. This woman reviewed dozens of vibrators in the past, by the way:

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
These two other toys from Sensuelle also seem great:

The first one, the Sensuelle Impulse, is particularly interesting; it even won the 2014 XBIZ Award for Sex Toy of the Year (Powered), competing against all these other high-end models. Its main feature is its sensor mode, where the more pressure you apply on the shaft, the more it will vibrate:

Quote by Sensuelle
In addition to the 7 vibration functions, the Sensuelle Impulse has a unique touch sensor mode. Upon contact with your body, the touch sensor vibrations will automatically start. But it doesn’t end there. Each groove on the Sensuelle Impulse represents a different sensor region with varying intensities. As you glide along from the tip to the end of the Sensuelle Impulse, the vibrations will increase in intensity the further you move along the shaft.

I wasn't so sure about their 'Sex Toy of the Year' claim, but I checked the XBIZ Awards website and it's totally there. Impressive: