I'm a man, and only round up to the next inch (7 votes) 11%
I'm a man, and exaggerate by a few inches (0 votes) 0%
I'm a woman, and I'm always honest about my height (51 votes) 81%
I'm a woman, and only round up to the next inch (7 votes) 11%
I'm a woman, and exaggerate by a few inches (1 vote) 2%
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

Do you lie about your height?

From my own experience, it seems that men are just as likely to lie about their height than they are to lie about the size of their dicks (if not more). I'm almost 5'9" myself, and quite a few times guys that were shorter than me (around 5'7") claimed to be 5'9" themselves; then they tried to cover up their lies by going "No way you're 5'9" man! You're certainly at least 5'10"!". And I also encountered many guys that were exactly my height claiming to be around 5'10"-5'11".

I stumbled across this article a few days ago, where they found out that just about every male lies about his height:

Quote by [url=http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/all-guys-lie-about-height
MensHealth[/url]]The dozen males who agreed to be measured were, on average, just shy of 1.5 inches off their stated marks. And this was no random deviation; not a single error was made in the underestimating direction. (By contrast, six females were only half an inch short of their stated heights, attributable mostly to upward rounding to the DMV's whole numbers.)

(...) And I have good reason to suspect the deception of being even greater - that good reason being how many guys resembling hobbits walked straight past my scale and into the DMV entrance, yelling some variation on "I already know I lied".

Personally I'm more like 5'8" and a half, but only round up to the next inch (5'9" is likely closer to my accurate height than 5'8" anyway). And even then, a lot of people often tell me how surprised they are that I'm only 5'9" (girls included). I guess the height scale is totally distorted by all those constant lies.

So, do you lie about your own height? Can you be honest just this once?

Thanks for sharing!
Lurker
0 likes
lying about your height seems pretty pointless, unless the person you're lying to is blind. i'm 5'6". i could tell someone i'm 5'10" but what's the point? they can see i'm short. no need to be a short liar.
Lurker
0 likes
^^^what he said, I'm 5'7 nothing wrong with that..
Lurker
0 likes
Hm I usually round mine to three decimal places. But that's probably more pedantic than honest... dorky at best!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by mrd82
lying about your height seems pretty pointless, unless the person you're lying to is blind. i'm 5'6". i could tell someone i'm 5'10" but what's the point? they can see i'm short. no need to be a short liar.

Lol Weight yes Height I agree what's the point!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I don't, but at 5'10"/5'11" depending on the day, doesn't really matter to me. I've known some people to lie and wear some resoled shoes plus inserts. I guess your height doesn't matter once you're horizontal ;)

Look at Tom Cruise - That dude has made a killing pretending to be taller than he is.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm 7ft - Yes i lie about my height... also about my penis length too :P
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
No, everyone online thinks I'm taller than I am because my body is proportioned like a taller girl, but I'm a shrimpie at 5'4", and except for my lack of height keeping me from being a fit-model in my twenties, I'm happy with being petite.
Lurker
0 likes
Lie about it? NO. To me it's just one MORE irrelevancy that only MATTERs too EXTREMELY shallow people or if you're either cybering or writing a story and are describing the characters in it. "Presence" has LITTLE to do with SIZE and considerably MORE to do with personality and bearing. So, while a few FOOLS used to tell me that I was "too small" to be a bouncer or Recon man or play NT on the football team, I have ROUTINELY delighted in...PROVING THEM WRONG! I DO NOT NEED to be the size of "the Incredible Hulk" in order to be intimidating should I want or NEED to be. I've only ever had one GF who was concerned about it (she stood 6'2" in flats and in heels a slow dance had my face BETWEEN her DD's! ) OOORAH! (btw 5' 9") roughly average
Lurker
0 likes
I was 5-6 when graduated from high school and I kept telling the same height for sometime not realizing I've grown a little more....I'm 5-8 now smile
0 likes
I round up sometimes (not always) but don't exaggerate beyond that. I used to be 5 foot 11 3/4 inches so rounding up to 6 foot wasn't really a stretch. Generally, I'll say 5'11" now because my official height is apparently now 5'10 and something (which means I'm already shrinking from age or my mother, who gave me the higher figure when I was 17 or 18, mis-measured).
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I'm 5 feet and one and a quarter inches. I'm very proud to be exactly that. Nearly everybody is taller than I am, so nobody needs to lie about it when they're with me. For the few friends I have that are shorter, it's nice to see somebody whose face is nearer my own level. I feel like a child with everybody else (and that's my excuse for acting like one).
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
I never lie about my height. 5'5
Lurker
0 likes
What's the point? I always say 5'5ish, because depending on whether I'm slouching or my posture is perfect it varies between 5'4" and 5'6".
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why lie - everybody can see me in bare feet, knows I am about 1.8m tall.(About 5'8")
I can get higher when I am cumming though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Never lie....im between 5"7' and 5"8'
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
I like my height! At 5ft 4, I can always wear heels to feel taller so why lie!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
5'4" is the deal here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A lot of guys like a woman shorter than them so 5' 3" isn't anything to lie about.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
When I'm online, I'm 50 feet tall.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Bee's Knees
0 likes
why? seems rather pointless.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not at all. I'm short, not going to get any taller. Oh well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Never have lied about my height. I am 6'5". Something in the Texas water growing up I suppose
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To what end? Everytime I meet a lushie in real life , they see how small I am. What's the point to hide?
Lurker
0 likes
NO! I love being tall. For a Korean woman being almost 5'9" is unusual so I had to find an American guy to marry who is 5'11".
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No
A determined person with perseverance can overcome many obstacles. They can, many times, perform better than those who are more intelligent, stronger and with better finances by determination and perseverance
Lurker
0 likes
I'm almost 5'3" so I like to say just that! Is that a lie? Heck who cares!
The Linebacker
0 likes
No, that seems pointless.