Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Any Advice For A first Time Erotica Writer?

last reply
1 reply
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First off, Hello Everyone!

Just joined here as I'm looking for a community of adults who are into writing erotica, and this seems to fit the bill!

I'm a newbie at erotica, I've tried my hand at writing clean novellas but I can always think up and create a good world, characters and beginning and sometimes even a middle but I've yet to finish one. So I thought I'd give erotica a go, as I've always wanted to but just never put pen to paper, so to speak. I've sat down and thought it out. I'm going to go for a short story first of about 8,000 - 10,000 words then try to head on up to a novella. I've had a hell of a lot more success with erotica, after just an hour or so, I have my characters worked out, my plot, conflict, basic story line and an END! It would appear my imagination works better when I'm going for an 18+ story AHAHAHA!

So my question being... are there any real do's and do not's with the genre that will really end in failure if not followed?

Thanks in advance, hope to become an active member of this community!!
Coming soon...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Your on the right track just doing short stories.But I know that every writer wants to make there stories a novel at some point.I also have a smiler problem with writing and a story but not finishing it.