last reply
104 replies
7.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I've heard of several.

1. Take 2 advil and a large glass of water before sleep.

2. Eat something before bed to soak up the drink.

3. Or eat something before you start drinking.

4. Tea and toast the next morn followed by lots of water.

And of course this one that makes no sense at all to me, Don't start drinking in the first place.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
think it's all about dehydration. if you drnk lots of coffee during the day make sure to eat to compensate, coffeedrinkers shall all be huge xD
drink none acoholic and none caffeine in huge proportions during the day not only before you start drnking.

have a friend who use caffeine pills the day after, the ones you put in water.
rarely have hangovers myself

just have another drink. works most of the time
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Don't start drinking! That's my cure all!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
Don't start drinking! That's my cure all!

What she said.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Where is your sense of adventure Pix.

Best cure ever but you probably have to know a doctor, nurse, or someone with chronic lung disease. 4 generic Aleve and half of a tank of straight oxygen. It is gone in seconds
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yes because we all have tanks of oxygen on hand!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Best remedy.....drink a V8
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know that is why I said you had to know someone O grand wiseass. I am just lucky enough to know few doctors and the oxygen breaks down the poison the alcohol leaves behind in your brain faster than the rehydration washes them away.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I knew that...lol...Most people aren't accesible to oxygen tanks though.
Lurker
0 likes
My best cure is never to get one...

I have a bloody mary as my first drink and then I can drink whatever else I feel like the rest of the night.

Easy snoozing and no hangover.

Ling
0 likes
I don't drink much these days, but sticking to beers and not mixing my drinks usually helps me avoid a hangover. A bottle of Gatorade and a couple of asprin before bed doesn't hurt either. Then I follow that up with a big breakfast the next morning!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't have that problem. But some that i have heard of are tomato juice drink another one. have fun
Carpe Diem

Red out
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Quote by OrionTat
I know that is why I said you had to know someone O grand wiseass. I am just lucky enough to know few doctors and the oxygen breaks down the poison the alcohol leaves behind in your brain faster than the rehydration washes them away.

Ah!
Doctor, doctor, please!
Help me!
I cant get any, you know, hint hint nudge nudge, cause my lover is having a hangover!

*nods* must work
Lurker
0 likes
ok the best hangover cure ever....a large glass of ice cold coke and a greasy egg and bacon breakfast...
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by OrionTat
Where is your sense of adventure Pix.

Booze and me dont play well. Ask Fystee.....she will tell ya.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yeah fystee I would love to hear a story of pixie and fystee with alcohol involved. You wouldn't happen to have any would you lol???
Lurker
0 likes
Lois, I expected you to bring up the Black Pudding as part of your cure. Tsk...tsk.

Teasing you.

I've heard it said the congeners that are found in dark beers and liquor give people hangovers. But I brew dark beer all the time and I've never gotten one.

Hey, what's that stuff they sell at the convenience stores now, that's supposed to be a commercial hangover cure? Does it work?
Lurker
0 likes
I've heard of it Rocc, can't remember the name or if it worked.

A large Vit B-12 shot works for a little while.

A hair of the dog sometimes will help.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
A hair of the dog? Like, actual hair from a dog???
Lurker
0 likes
No silly, a little drink of what you were drinking the night before.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
You gotta be more specific!! They dont call me blonde just cuz of my hair color! LOL
Lurker
0 likes
They call it "hair of the dog that bit you." It's when you wake up with a hangover and drink some more, making the hangover go away. I don't know if it works or not.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by OrionTat
yeah fystee I would love to hear a story of pixie and fystee with alcohol involved. You wouldn't happen to have any would you lol???

Only a few....lol!
Lurker
0 likes
I've tried the hair of the dog thing..It just made me feel sicker...

the best thing is to sleep it off with two headache tabletss...

does anyone else find orgasms are better with a hangover???
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool

Hey, what's that stuff they sell at the convenience stores now, that's supposed to be a commercial hangover cure? Does it work?

They're called "Chasers"... don't know if they work or not.

As I said, the bloody mary always works for me.

Ling
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks, Ling.

I just suffer through it, although I've not had one in a long time. I try not to drink too much if I'm ...with a girl, late at night.
Lurker
0 likes
Talked to hubs about those "chasers" he had tried it once but, you have to follow it to the letter for it to work. You take a pill before you start and then like one every hour or two after. Or whatever the directions say to do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Talked to hubs about those "chasers" he had tried it once but, you have to follow it to the letter for it to work. You take a pill before you start and then like one every hour or two after. Or whatever the directions say to do.

I tried them too, did nothing other than spoil the evening wondering when I had to take the next stupid thing. Best thing to do is drink water throughout the evening as well as the alcohol, take some tablets before you go to bed if at all possible in that state, another big glass of water before you crash, and then keep your trousers on in bed in case you pee the bed. Coke in the morning or lemonade usually helps too.
Lurker
0 likes
One of the pain killers, aspirin or acetaminophen, is supposed to be bad for you if taken with alcohol. Which one?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
aspirin....because it thins your blood.