Publishing

last reply
5 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How long does it usually take for stories to get published these days? I posted a lot a couple of years go and my stories were usually up in 24 hours. At the moment I have three un-published stories that have been waiting for a number of days!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by bikerbear600
How long does it usually take for stories to get published these days? I posted a lot a couple of years go and my stories were usually up in 24 hours. At the moment I have three un-published stories that have been waiting for a number of days!

first off, please do not submit more than one story at a time. it jams up the que. also, if it's a multi part story, and part 1 is returned, it's going to be weird for your readers when part two is published, and there's no part one.

second, gold members get fast tracked, and still get their stories up within 24 hours, often faster, as long as their are no issues.

thirdly, a couple of years ago we were getting about 10% of the number of stories we are now. my team handles stories as fast as they can, but a wait of several days for non gold members is not uncommon - is this a ploy to get more people to subscribe? no, it's simply a fact of life - as Lush has gained in popularity, more and more writers are submitting. we take them in the order they come in, with Goldies being pushed automatically to the top of the que.

a few things you guys can do to help - make sure that your story, when submitted, is publishable - that means edit and proof it, please! also, be patient. my mods are all volunteers here. we get to stories as fast as we can, but the average number of stories in a que at any one time seems to be hovering around 45 these days - last night it was at 60. it's not a fast process, especially when we have to do a story more than once because of issues and resubmits.

we try to give everyone love and a quick turn around, but it's not always possible. thanks for your understanding. smile

sprite
senior story mod.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for the clarification and it's great to hear the site is going so well!
0 likes
Can I take this up please? I submitted a little poem, "If You're a Virgin" about a week ago, but have heard nothing since, - not even a reject, - and was wondering what had happened to it. Any news?
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by cooldaddy
Can I take this up please? I submitted a little poem, "If You're a Virgin" about a week ago, but have heard nothing since, - not even a reject, - and was wondering what had happened to it. Any news?

There is nothing in the story queue by this name. I took a look at the stories list on your profile and I can't see that it has ever been submitted.
0 likes
OK thanks Liz. Something's obviously gone wrong, - probably me! I'll try again.

Edit.
It was a poem which I entered under 'Humour', but find out it wasn't long enough. (Must be 3000+characters) Entered again under 'Erotic poems' and accepted for verification. Thanks all.