A bug in the online message service

last reply
3 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Whenever I get an online message, and I refresh the page, the message disappears without me having replied to it. If suppose I do open another tab just not to miss out on the message, plenty of messages get piled up on the screen making lot awful, even if I have replied to the message in the other tab. Can you do something to it?
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by susibi
Whenever I get an online message, and I refresh the page, the message disappears without me having replied to it. If suppose I do open another tab just not to miss out on the message, plenty of messages get piled up on the screen making lot awful, even if I have replied to the message in the other tab. Can you do something to it?

Hi and welcome to Lush.

I'm afraid this is not a bug, but actually how the instant messaging system is currently designed to work. Refreshing a page is the same as opening it up new. If the messages didn't disappear, they would clog up every screen you opened until you sifted through them. As for them appearing on multiple tabs, there is no way for the website to know how many tabs you have open and only deliver the black-box messages to one of them. And if it could, how would it know which one you would want them delivered to?

There is a log of all of your black box messages which you can find here:

https://www.lushstories.com/membership/online-messages.aspx?mb=online

If you accidentally refresh a page and lose an IM box, you can find the message in the log and respond via the senders profile page.

Liz
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by Liz
https://www.lushstories.com/membership/online-messages.aspx?mb=online

If you accidentally refresh a page and lose an IM box, you can find the message in the log and respond via the senders profile page.

Liz

Thanks for that Liz.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Lurker
0 likes
I also keep more than one browser open. HTH