"I had this idea..."

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
"...for a show."

Am I dating myself there? (Actually, I might try that.) Seriously, not for a TV show on the site, but something a member could be shown. For instance, if Friends (people with similar exclusion-lists, etc.) are on, if they've been on lately, etc... Maybe a way to open a chat room to chat with a friend, instead of looking for one with a set topic.

Anyone else? Or is this just me? (Let me know, & I'll ask myself out on that date.)
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I've read your post about 4 times now... and really can't comprehend what you're suggesting exactly.
Lurker
0 likes
The main page has sections of "Featured Members" & "Top Authors". I'm just thinking that maybe, once a member is Logged-in, they could (on main page. profile, or something) find out if people they have listed as "friends" are on or have been recently. Also, maybe have the ability of opening-up a pop-up window or something if they want to talk to that person (or a group of them) instead of about some sort of topic the way it appears the chat rooms are separated now.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
You can already do all of this...

If you click on the 'Friends' icon on the top-right corner of your screen, it will lead you to a page that features many different options to interact with your friends:

The friends who are 'online' will be presented as such, if they actually choose to let that information be known in their own options. If you also hover your cursor over one of your friends' name, a small menu will scroll down, which will let you interact with them in many different ways (visiting their profile, sending mail, opening a chat window, etc.):

If you select the option 'Open chat window', a small window will open to chat privately with a specific friend:

Lurker
0 likes
Was unaware. Thanks for the info, & not attacking me or anything.