Romance Publishers / Advice

last reply
8 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
If you're interested in getting your work published, take a look at this excellent resource site folks, the Passionate Pen.

It's run by the Published Author Jenna Petersen (who also goes by the pseudonym Jess Michaels).

It includes an extensive list of Romance Publishers, Agents list, Submission guidelines, and some useful articles for writers of this genre.

I endorse this stance 100%:

If a publisher asks for author monetary contribution at ANY part of the publishing process, they will not be included. Money should only flow FROM the publisher TO the author.
0 likes
Thanks! Looks like an interesting site.

I noticed Harlequin are accepting email submissions for their Spice Briefs line (ebooks). Stories must be between 5000 and 15000 words.

I don't know much about the ebook process, or whether it's worthwhile. I'll have to read up on it.
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks Loislane.

Elloras Cave is an e-Publisher (eBooks) only.
Matriarch
0 likes
They and jasminejade.com are primarily publishers of what they describe as Romantica - a hybrid of Romance and Erotica.
Matriarch
0 likes
bump for more contributions.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Here is a good link, and a useful site with a newsletter, etc...
http://www.erotica-readers.com/ERA/G/Call_For_Submissions.htm
The requirements are often very specific, sometimes they will not accept anything previously published, including on sites like this...

That is my fave writers group.

You might also look on Goodreads. They have some excellent forums on getteing published as well as the loops. Look up writers, writing erotica, etc.
"Writing M/M turns me on..."

Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks for the additions.