last reply
2 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Review: Dr. Joel Kaplan Gyrating Massager

Here's another toy which I bought to spice up the sexual interactions with my girlfriend. By looking at it, I'm sure most of you will instinctively declare: "Oh, it’s a fluttering tongue that can be used to simulate oral sex!". Wrong! Utterly wrong! It can be used for just about anything but that. Let me explain...

First of all, I actually had a fuckbuddy a few years ago who owned a much similar toy and it definitely could be used in the way mentioned above. I thought it was a hilarious toy and I just couldn't help but mischievously grab it from her drawer every once in a while, to apply an ultra-energetic tongue on her pussy. I ordered mine thinking that it would be the exact same toy, but I've been tricked. Yet still, I discovered quite a few other fun ways to use it on my girlfriend; for a price of only $20, it was still well worth the money in the end.

If you noticed already, the complete name of that toy is Dr. Joel Kaplan Gyrating Massager. The 'Dr. Joel Kaplan' line is actually a line manufactured by California Exotic Novelties and targeted for men, with most of the toys being designed for prostate stimulation (just like the Dr. Joel Kaplan Power Probe which I also reviewed). I didn't think much of it when I ordered that toy, and simply assumed that it was the exact same toy as the one that I encountered before, only with a black color and a different name to make it manlier. For the record, the other toy that my ex-fuckbuddy owned was in fact called the Gyrating Pleasing Flutter.

Now there's actually a big difference between those two toys which renders them completely different: the one that I previously encountered was made of thermoplastic rubber, whereas the new one that I bought is made of silicone. And silicone being quite a bit more rigid than thermoplastic rubber, it also significantly changes the action of the tongue and the way it can be used.

Here's a diagram to show the difference:

As you can see, although the power is exactly the same, the tongue moves very differently from a toy to the other. With the regular version, you do have a supple tongue that flutters at an insanely high speed; with the silicone version however, the tongue tends to keep its shape and only slightly move, albeit with quite a lot of power. In other words, the toy that I received 'pulsates' a lot more than it 'flutters'. Where this can be problematic is that silicone also is a relatively hard material. Combined with the fact that this toy is quite powerful, you obtain a very stiff tongue that pulsates with quite a lot of force: not so good for a poor delicate clitoris!

To make matters worse, there's a noticeable seam that runs across the toy, which makes the edges of the tongue even harsher when it's pulsating against your body:

I actually ordered that toy without my girlfriend knowing, and my initial intention was to tie her up, blindfold her, and apply that fun toy on her pussy so that she'd go: "Woahoa! What the fuck is that new accessory that you just got your hands on!?". Yes, I'm a mischievous bastard like that. With a totally different function however, I just couldn't indulge into that: it would have been way too harsh for my poor girlfriend's clitoris. I had to find other ways to use this toy, and being the sexually-resourceful person that I am, I luckily did.

Before I go on, here are the proper specifications of that toy:

Length: 8.6"
Insertable Length: 2.75"
Girth: 5.4" at largest point
Width: 1.6" at largest point
Material: Silicone
Battery: 3 x AA Batteries
Special Features: Fully waterproof, 2 Speeds
Retail price: $20

As you can notice, it's a fairly large toy, with a total length of almost 9". Here's what it looks like in my hand:

It's also powered by 3 x AA batteries, so it definitely packs a punch. To turn it on/off or to change between the two speeds, you simply have to press on the button located at the tip of the handle:

I waited quite a bit before using it on my girlfriend, sporadically testing it and trying to figure out how it could be used in a few fun ways. I finally put it to the test when she was tied up and blindfolded, as I initially intended to.

First of all, I discovered that this toy could be used as a mild torturing device just about anywhere on the body: skin, breasts, even on the asshole to provoke a harsh rimming sensation (more on that later). It's hard to describe the sensation precisely, but I'd compare it to two fingers fluttering at an incredibly high speed: part of it is pleasurable, part of it is tickling, and part of it is just plain irritating. Not a painful feeling by any means, but still a very noticeable and ambiguous sensation that somehow makes you go "Oh no, not again! Oh yes, please more!". I applied it on my girlfriend when she was tied up and blindfolded (particularly on her breasts), and it definitely was a success: it's perfect to provide an exciting rewarding/punitive sensation, which makes it ideal for light BDSM play. And no worries, she also tried it on me at a later point: I’m an asshole, but I’m a fair asshole.

It can also provide an extremely pleasurable sensation on the clitoris, but not in the way that it was intended to (ie. a fluttering tongue). As I mentioned previously, the edges/power of that toy would simply much too harsh for that. Instead, it can be applied on the clitoris similar to a scoop, as pictured below:

When used that way, the vibrations will provide a sensation that's entirely different from what regular vibrators can provide. Whereas regular vibrators simply 'vibrate' at a depth that's rather superficial, this toy 'pulsates' quite deeply into your body. Imagine that instead of having a finger that's lightly tickling your clitoris, you have a whole hand that's shaking your pussy quite vigorously. This is particularly interesting for women who love to stimulate the deeper parts of their clitoris (remember, most of the clitoris is actually hidden internally). My girlfriend is fairly easy to satisfy when it comes to clitoral stimulation and she loves pinpoint/broad/shallow/deep sensations pretty much equally, but this toy is quite unique and perfect to add a bit of variety. She even borrowed it from me a few times to use it all alone by herself when masturbating, although I definitely wanted it back at my place just in case I felt like using it again during our BDSM scenarios.

It can also be used during cunnilingus, in many different ways. It can obviously be used externally in the way described above while taking short breaks with your tongue, but it's absolutely possible to use it internally as well, to stimulate the g-spot:

The portion of this toy that's shaped like a tongue is 2.75” long, which makes it ideal to stimulate the g-spot (which is usually located 2-3” inside the vagina). As well, since the portion that pulsates is rather large, you won't really have to 'find' the g-spot: simply insert it in your partner's pussy, hold it there, and it will provoke quite a pleasurable sensation on her g-spot. As I mentioned previously, the action of this toy is much similar to two fingers fluttering very rapidly, so when inserted inside your pussy it will feel like two fingers pressing against your g-spot with quite a lot of speed and power. Again, the pulsations of this toy can be felt pretty deeply, so this is ideal to stimulate the deeper parts of your vagina.

My girlfriend has a rather difficult g-spot (I assume that it's located deeper in the walls of her vagina as compared to many other women), and she absolutely loves the sensation. The first time I tried it inside of her during oral sex, I was pretty much mindlessly testing how this toy could be used in many different ways. After only a few minutes, she was experiencing spasms and moaning quite loudly, which totally took me by surprise; I just couldn't help but throw at her a spontaneous: "Oh my god! Are you fucking kidding me!?". She can achieve consistent blended orgasms with it, fairly easily.

As you can observe on the image above, it's also possible to bend the toy downward during oral sex. This can be advantageous to apply a bit more pressure on the g-spot, but more importantly it's ideal to get it out of the way and to lick your partner's pussy adequately. Despite being a rather large toy, it's actually pretty discreet when used during cunnilingus: just insert it inside your partner's pussy, bend it downward, hold it there, and let your own tongue do its usual magic. It isn't overly noisy either, which is always an advantage.

As I briefly mentioned previously, it can also be used for rimming your partner's asshole. Again, you just have to hold it in place and it will provoke a fun "Oh no! Oh yes!" sensation between her butt-cheeks. I can even hold that toy on her asshole with one hand, work a come-hither motion on her g-spot with the other, while also licking her clitoris with my tongue. Multi-tasking at its best!

Although this toy remains particular and somewhat unessential, I do recommend it, mainly because it can provide sensations that are entirely different from what the great majority of regular vibrators can usually provide. If you're a bit tired of those superficial vibrations that all seem similar from one vibrator to the other and want to try something that's completely different, this toy might be worth trying out; in the worst case scenario, you'll only be losing a mere $20. As well, it can be used all over your partner's body and can be very useful if you're looking for a fun 'exasperating-yet-pleasurable' accessory to use during light BDSM scenarios.

Hope you enjoyed and feel free to ask questions!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Does lube help ease the 'oh no' sensations and the irritation on the seam?

I can see it being a fun one for BDSM or for one partner to use on another while restrained.

The price is great on this one.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Does lube help ease the 'oh no' sensations and the irritation on the seam?

Hmm, nice question. I'd say that lube probably won't alter the sensation all that significantly, to be honest.

Having said that, the seam really isn't all that harsh in and of itself. Silicone is still a 'soft' material, so it's really not like you could cut yourself with it or anything. I actually just tried using the edge of the tongue like a knife on my skin (moving it back and forth very rapidly), and absolutely no pain/damage occurred. I'd say it's about as sharp as my fingernails: my fingernails are rather short/blunt and I can't really provoke scratch marks with them, but I could still provoke a somewhat 'irritating' sensation with them. And concerning lube, applying a thin layer on the skin probably wouldn't change the sensation all that much, just like it wouldn't if someone was scratching your skin with short fingernails.

Mostly, it's the combination of the power delivered by this toy and the sharp contour that would be very harsh on the clitoris. I mentioned this briefly in my review, but the best way I'd describe the action of this toy is to compare it to two fingers fluttering extremely rapidly:

Imagine that a guy puts two of his fingers in the position shown above and flutters them as fast as he possibly can, while his fingernails are rather short/blunt (you can ask your boyfriend to try it on you if your imagination is lacking, haha). The sensation could vary greatly, depending on how much pressure he'd be applying and which part of your body he'd by stimulating. A light pressure on your belly would be tickling; a medium pressure all around your pubis would be arousing; a hard pressure on your breasts would be both pleasuring and lightly exasperating.

It's all good when used all over the body (and the seam really isn't all that noticeable), but I definitely wouldn't apply such an action on a girl's ultra-sensitive clitoris: that definitely could be considered trespassing into a more 'hardcore' BDSM territory. Otherwise, I really wouldn't worry about it. If you're generally okay with mild 'unpleasant' sensations (eg. cold glass dildos, ice-play, wax-play, spanking, hair-pulling, moderate biting, light nipples-pinching, etc.), chances are you'll find it more exciting than anything. Seriously, aside from the clitoris, it'd be pretty hard to really hurt/injure someone with it.

When I mentioned the 'Oh no! Oh yes!' feeling in my review, the ambiguity of the sensation is actually what can make this toy so fun. Part of you dreads the sensation, yet part of you actually enjoys it quite a lot, so the anticipation can really be thrilling; and that's especially true when you're tied/blindfolded and never know exactly what's coming next.

Honestly, that toy used all alone for teasing would rapidly become predictable/monotonous. But when combined with many other things, it truly can be a fun addition to your arsenal. I indulged in a few light BDSM sessions like that with my girlfriend, where we assembled all of our toys/accessories together and I had plenty of things at my disposal: this massager, silk scarf, cold glass dildos, hot wax, crop, flogger, even my Sensuelle Wireless Bullet was inserted inside her pussy and I could activate it at will. When you're blindfolded and your partner has so many things at his/her disposal, it's absolutely thrilling to never know what's coming next. You can't even fully 'memorize' all the sensations that your partner can possibly use on you: "Pfff, I'm sure he'll pour hot wax on my belly next, it's been a while since he did that. Oh no! He's using that massager on my nipples again, I totally forgot about that one!"

So yeah, it's definitely a fun accessory to have if you're into that kind of light BDSM play.