Your blocks now extend to forum posts

last reply
169 replies
11.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
I have been inspired by some of our members to delve into the forum code and to implement a feature to remove posts from members you have blocked.

From now on when you have a member blocked (not a moderator of course!) that makes a post in a forum, their message will be replaced with:

This post has been hidden as you have blocked this member.

Hope this helps.

gav
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
LOL this should be fun.

Does this mean they can't read your posts either if you have them blocked?

No offence, Gav, but I feel this was a waste of your precious time.

One can simply log off and read the forums and thus see what the person wrote can they not?
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Code Monkey
0 likes
Sorry I couldn't read your post, I have you blocked

Its more about filtering out the nonsense from a thread. Of course you can still read the posts if you want by logging off.

Maybe we need to add a reveal link incase you really want to see it?
Lurker
0 likes

Thank you, Gav. You are my hero!!
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Sorry had to log off to read your post

It is no biggie to me, I rarely block anyone I only have 2 people blocked, but some have a lot more blocked to stop the low scoring of stories ect or for various reasons so they are going to be seeing a lot of blank pages: Binky:

I don't need a reveal button as I don't care to see what they have to say.

But can they still read ours and quote us? I mean to say I post and they decide to do their usual insulting come back and all I get is Unable to view "said insult"

As much as I want peace on the forums I cannot see a way for this to reasonably work tbh or I would have suggested it long ago in your improvement thread. It is basically down to the mods.

Can I get a new badge for being helpful? Or annoying?

The Duchess of Tart

0 likes
Quote by gav
I have been inspired by some of our members to delve into the forum code and to implement a feature to remove posts from members you have blocked.

From now on when you have a member blocked (not a moderator of course!) that makes a post in a forum, their message will be replaced with:

Hope this helps.

gav

Gav what if you dont want that person to know you have them blocked? not everyone does?
Click below to see

Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by Simplicity

Gav what if you dont want that person to know you have them blocked? not everyone does?

LOL they know simply by trying to view your page or email you that you have them blocked.

Also, one blocks for a reason do they not? Unless they are completely dumb then they should work it out.
The Duchess of Tart

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Gav,

Words can't even express the joy I'm feeling right now, so I hope this picture expresses my true gratitude.

All hail Gav! The greatest programer ever!

And... IT FUCKING WORKS!!! You made me day, week, & month!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by gav

Maybe we need to add a reveal link incase you really want to see it?

Yeah that would be good because I have a few people blocked because they have a childish habit of giving me 2s on my writing or sending me novella length PMs of their version of mein kampf but I still want to see what they post in the forum.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Yeah that would be good because I have a few people blocked because they have a childish habit of giving me 2s on my writing or sending me novella length PMs of their version of mein kampf but I still want to see what they post in the forum.

LOL OK well that doesnt work at all let me post this and see brb.

OK, Gav altho my quote of MF should have just said "Blocked message" Soon as I quoted I got his whole complete post that I could reply to...As you can see.
The Duchess of Tart

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by kiera

I'm guessing you have me blocked (even though I've never ever sent you a pm or read your stories)... It shows what I actually said in the quote. Does this post show up in your timeline?

Lol as Keira just demonstrated now what will happen is that she will wonder every time I post after her if I said something about her.

I know sometimes Keira gets really "tired" and posts barely coherent gibberish but I actually agreed with a couple of her posts in this thread. I kept it to myself initially though because she wouldn't be able to see it.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I want to read and see everything! I want to be the All Seeing Knowitall. I am the Illuminati. From now on known as Buzimati. Get used to it!

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I want to read and see everything! I want to be the All Seeing Knowitall. I am the Illuminati. From now on known as Buzimati. Get used to it!

You are also a Mod so no matter what... you will see everything. It's why you're so awesome Buz.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

You are also a Mod so no matter what... you will see everything. It's why you're so awesome Buz.

So like if I quote nymph and call her an ass kisser she won't be able to see it but everyone else can? Lol that's kinda funny.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

I'm guessing you have me blocked (even though I've never ever sent you a pm or read your stories)... It shows what I actually said in the quote. Does this post show up in your timeline?

Lol as Keira just demonstrated now what will happen is that she will wonder every time I post after her if I said something about her.

I know sometimes Keira gets really "tired" and posts barely coherent gibberish but I actually agreed with a couple of her posts in this thread. I kept it to myself initially though because she wouldn't be able to see it.

Yeah I do and yes it does.

Hence my timeline

Magical_felix has quoted you on the forum topic Your blocks now extend to forum posts.
kiera wrote

I'm guessing you have me blocked... It shows what I actually said in the quote. Does this post show up in your timeline?

The Duchess of Tart

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by kiera

Hence my timeline

Magical_felix has quoted you on the forum topic Your blocks now extend to forum posts.
kiera wrote

I'm guessing you have me blocked... It shows what I actually said in the quote. Does this post show up in your timeline?

Kiera... stop feeding the beast. The block works just fine. If others want to quote someone you've blocked... so be it. That is their choice. Don't waste your time & energy quoting someone you've blocked. You are negating the purpose of the block.

Personally, I'm good with what Gav has done & I think this will solve a lot of problems and reduce the drama in the forums thus making the Mods job a tiny bit easier. I mean, our amazing Mods work hard enough to make Lush great so something to reduce their stress & workload is always good.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by kiera

Hence my timeline

kiera wrote

Oops, that means nymph probably saw what I said. My bad.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

Kiera... stop feeding the beast. The block works just fine. If others want to quote someone you've blocked... so be it. That is their choice. Don't waste your time & energy quoting someone you've blocked. You are negating the purpose of the block.

Personally, I'm good with what Gav has done & I think this will solve a lot of problems and reduce the drama in the forums thus making the Mods job a tiny bit easier. I mean, our amazing Mods work hard enough to make Lush great so something to reduce their stress & workload is always good.

Keira is actually doing a good job finding bugs gav may have missed. She's being helpful really.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
so... people asked for a block thing, they got a block thing, an now they're upset there's a block thing *directs members to Department of Karma*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by sprite
so... people asked for a block thing, they got a block thing, an now they're upset there's a block thing *directs members to Department of Karma*

I'm not upset! I've been doing a happy dance since I learned this! I think Gav did an awesome job. People need to just accept it for what it is and

I'm also aware I'll still see if someone I've blocked quotes me in my Timeline... but since that's done for the sole purpose of baiting & shit stirring... it will be much easier to ignore. Perhaps in time Gav can solve this problem. He's done such an awesome job already.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
The supposed blocked messages also show up underneath the post field in the "last ten posts" thingy. Like I can see nymph quoting sprite and saying she's not upset even though the message probably wasn't directed at her.
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

Actually I don't think that's what Gav meant. I believe he was saying that posts BY a mod will not be blocked, because that mod may need to tell a member something and members will not be able to prevent that.

If the mod has someone blocked, however, I think it will work the same as it would for anyone and we will have to intentionally unblock the message to see it. I only have ever blocked 2 people, and I believe one has since had his account suspended/deleted, so I'll have to wait and see.
Not you though, NW! I'd never block you!
Code Monkey
0 likes
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by stormdog100
Actually I don't think that's what Gav meant. I believe he was saying that posts BY a mod will not be blocked, because that mod may need to tell a member something and members will not be able to prevent that.

If the mod has someone blocked, however, I think it will work the same as it would for anyone and we will have to intentionally unblock the message to see it. I only have ever blocked 2 people, and I believe one has since had his account suspended/deleted, so I'll have to wait and see.
Not you though, NW! I'd never block you!

Valid point... however, I think the Mods should always be able to see what is posted, otherwise you get those unscrupulous & short-lived members who try to spam the forums.

And thank you for saying you'll never block me. You're so awesome!
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by gav

Funny Gav! Real funny!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gav

Ha, I didn't read it properly and thought it meant that you blocked me and my first thought was, what have the fuck have I done THIS time???

Well done on the block feature

Fugs
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by kiera

You took issue with that post but not the one where I made fun of you getting really "tired" and posting like a drunk person, but not drunk, just "tried"? Haha this is why I will never block kiera, it's an embarrassment of riches with her.