BB messages don't actually delete...

last reply
16 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I notice that when I delete my bb messages it looks like they go away until the next time that person sends a message and then all of the old stuff (minus their comments) reappears. Is this a bug? Is there fix or a way to correct it?

I hate having to scroll down to the bottom of the messages to get to the current conversation. Any tips or a fix would be appreciated.

smile Chrissy
I hope you enjoy my latest poem!

Secret Little
Site administrator
0 likes
Firstly is this still happening?

If it is I am sorry but I dont really understand what you say.

bb's I assume you mean the black box online messages. You close them all down and then when the same member sends you another one all those deleted return but as empty boxes with just the members name in?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am talking about black box messages. If I delete them all, then I receive a new message from that person, or a poke from them and I respond to the message, then all of the previous messages (only one side of the conversation) reappears and no matter what I do, I can't get them to permanently delete.

Secret Little
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
And it happened as recently as yesterday. So yes, still happening.

Secret Little
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Yeah, this happens to me too. Usually if I delete them for a second time they don't come back, but it's bizarre.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Happens to me too. Only my black boxes, not the other person. Like Jen said, after I delete the second time....they go away.

Xo
Lurker
0 likes
lets hope this is fixed soon ..lately lots of weird unusual things happening this week between repetitive emails ,, the password snafu (obviously yahoos fault ) and no this ,,please fix this and when you send a thread ,, lush no hack zone
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
Firstly is this still happening?

If it is I am sorry but I dont really understand what you say.

bb's I assume you mean the black box online messages. You close them all down and then when the same member sends you another one all those deleted return but as empty boxes with just the members name in?

John, they're talking about the Online Message History section under Mail.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar

John, they're talking about the Online Message History section under Mail.

I knew that! I was just messing about

I will point Gav to this thread by way of a pm to him.

smile.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, does this mean someone is looking in to my issue? I am not sure what this process is, but I am hoping that someone will let me know it is being worked on and hopefully resolved. Please let me know.

Thanks!
Chrissy

Secret Little
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Can someone please provide some real feedback on this? I have tried the suggestions. Deleting more than once does not work.....

Thank you,
Chrissy

Secret Little
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Can someone please provide some real feedback on this? I have tried the suggestions. Deleting more than once does not work.....

Thank you,
Chrissy

Secret Little
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Crazy_Girl

Thank you,
Chrissy

Have you tried clearing down your browser cache and cookies? You could even try a different browser altogether just to test.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Have you tried clearing down your browser cache and cookies? You could even try a different browser altogether just to test.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I just switched browsers, and then did it on a third browser on my laptop phone etc. Happens any one of these places (IE, Chrome, Firefox.) I have deleted the same persons messages 6 times and they keep coming back.

It even happened in a brand new computer that I had never used for lush.

Additionally, I have deleted them, logged out and logged back in. The messages still came back. sad

Secret Little
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, has anyone who works on technical support with Lush ever actually investigated this issue. It is very annoying that the black box messages keep coming up after they are deletee. (Almost as annoying as feeling like your help request is being ignored. )

If there isn't a solution and it is a bug, I'm a big girl, I can take it. I just hate that this request is now weeks old and no one is responding. sad

Secret Little
Prolific Writer
0 likes
This continues to happen to me also.....xo
Lurker
0 likes
lets get this fixed please .. pretty please ,, make it a priority