Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

RIP Elie Wiesel

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Elie Wiesel, Holocaust Survivor and Nobel Laureate died at age 87. He wrote Night, which was an amazing first person account of his experience in the concentration camps. I met him when I was in college. I admire him so much, both as a person and as a writer.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/02/world/elie-wiesel-dies/
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
La Nuit was chilling. Sad to see him pass but thankful for his time here on earth.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Heard him speak about 5 years ago. Truly incredible. Let his memory be for a blessing.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
One of the "required readings" at my school for our 7th graders is "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas". Now, I know Elie Wiesel did not write this, but it allows both the history teachers & the ELA teachers to introduce and/or expand on the holocaust. Thus, names like Elie Wiesel come up. I have some videos that I show before we read this novel and of course Elie Wiesel comes up.

“For the dead and the living, we must bear witness.” Let us never forget his words.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite
La Nuit was chilling. Sad to see him pass but thankful for his time here on earth.

I totally agree. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times.
Held a class with him once. We all sat in a circle and spoke with him.
The students loved him.
When you got to know him more proximately, the reality of the camps hit me hard, and the joy of still having this great and beautiful man among us made me weep joyfully.
English Gentleman
0 likes
as a jewish guy i read his books after visiting the camps in Auschwitz and Birkenau, i broke down.