My Take on a D/s Relationship

last reply
1 reply
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
There are lots of opinions about what a D/s relationship is. I am not much interested in getting into some debate about whether my point of view is any better than someone else's point of view. If you have a different opinion, it is fine with me.

If I approach a submissive woman about considering a D/s relationship with me, she will wonder what that relationship might be like, especially if she has heard some of the myriad opinions out there. This is what I offer her as a starting point.

I am a gentleman by nature, and that is clearly reflected in my style as a Dom. I expect for a sub to want to please me, to obey me, communicate with me about her wants and needs, what is working or not working, and in due time, to trust me. In return, I will treat her with respect, help her explore her sexuality by guiding, encouraging, sometimes challenging or pressing her to try the things she is curious about. I will lead her in that exploration by incrementally adding and experimenting with her, ensuring that the things we are trying are done safely and carefully, and are meeting both of our expectations. I will guide and mentor her in other aspects of her life to the extent that she may desire to have me do so, and I will care for her in all the ways necessary to make her feel safe and happy in our relationship.

I believe in some rituals, rules, assignments, and when necessary, punishments, but I do not like giving punishments, and will probably not keep a sub who must be punished frequently. What will the rituals, rules. etc., be? That remains to be seen. They will be developed between me and that prospective sub as we discuss whether we want try a relationship or not. Even after those negotiations, they will evolve as the relationship matures. The relationship will be an exploration and we will add things we both think add to the relationship, and eliminate those things that don't.

My comments above notwithstanding, I am not looking for a relationship that rigidly adheres to some long and arbitrary set of rules, rather, I want a relationship that is meaningful and enjoyable.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Very well put OldDom and I agree with you on all points. It is refreshing to see someone who still believes in D/s as a lifestyle of love and affection and not some on again-off again game played "when we feel like it". And it is nice to see the mutual respect, honor, and care that you describe as well. It does my heart good to see true D/s done "old school" again!

Master Jonathan