Login

A Weird Self Promotional Thread

last reply
7 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Honestly, i'd rather promote other peoples work, but, that said, this is kind of different...

i just submitted a new story, hopefully it will be up soon - chapter 9 of butterfly beach. it's been a long wait, i know, but i am trying to finish the series. if you've read the others, well, you know what you're getting into, if not, it would mean a lot to me if you at least gave chapter one a read.

something i'd like to share, not because i'm looking for sympathy, but because i know i make a lot of you (hopefully) wait for continuations, next chapters, etc.

i've been ill this year, starting way back in March. very ill, tho i try not to make a fuss out of it - a small handful of people know, but mostly, i keep it to myself. it's not something i like to share, nor does it make for fun chat, and i really do enjoy bouncing around and having fun here

the POINT to all this is that, come January, i will be taking an extended break from Lush, that means no modding, no posting, no stories, nothing, and before that happens i really would like to finish this series - it's getting close to completion. thing is, i haven't been writing much, with the exception of one longer fetish story and the very quick flash fiction i've been doing for a reason - it's gotten pretty difficult to write. my energy level is close to zero and i'm in constant pain and under a lot of stress, making it difficult to write anything i think is good enough to go up, or at least finish the stuff i start in a satisfying way. this chapter is 2k and i really don't want to admit how long i struggled to write it.

anyways, bottom line, things like pretty shiny two aren't going to get finished, most likely for a very long time. and yes, i know how that feels like as a reader, but it's really beyond my control right now. in the meantime, i hope that this makes up for it a little to those of you following the story. it's not perfect, but i am doing the best i can to make it enjoyable and i'll keep you updated when i have more to publish.

as always, with love,
sprite/rachel

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Troublemaker
0 likes
Hi Sprite:
For your stories I will always patiently wait. Your work is always an erotic blast to read and reminds of how far I have to go to be a writer of your calibre. I know I sometimes make outrageous posts at your expense though I'm not sure I have ever come out on top. Besides your writing, your many thoughtful posts have been a real education for me and I will miss you dearly. As for your sense of fun, I can't count how many times I have laughed like an idiot at one of your hilarious posts. I hope you finish the stories you aim to before you take a break. Rest assured myself and many, MANY others only wish the best for you and hope you return to us, where you belong, as soon as you can.
Please take care and be well. There will be a gap in Lush that only Sprite can fill.
We hardly know each other but I still adore you.
Damn it you made me gush and I'm a straight privileged white boy. This is so unbecoming of me.

PS
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
Hi Sprite:
For your stories I will always patiently wait. Your work is always an erotic blast to read and reminds of how far I have to go to be a writer of your calibre. I know I sometimes make outrageous posts at your expense though I'm not sure I have ever come out on top. Besides your writing, your many thoughtful posts have been a real education for me and I will miss you dearly. As for your sense of fun, I can't count how many times I have laughed like an idiot at one of your hilarious posts. I hope you finish the stories you aim to before you take a break. Rest assured myself and many, MANY others only wish the best for you and hope you return to us, where you belong, as soon as you can.
Please take care and be well. There will be a gap in Lush that only Sprite can fill.
We hardly know each other but I still adore you.
Damn it you made me gush and I'm a straight privileged white boy. This is so unbecoming of me.

PS

i only like you cause you're canadian, you know. smile funny thing, i've been here on lush a long time, as have a few of you - i know pretty much all the long term members, if not well, then just by soaking them up, and i consider them to be friends, even when i don't interact with them all the time - you're one of those guys, and really, i would miss you if you weren't here, and i kind of enjoy your posts at my expense - i never take them as anything but fun *hugs* anyways, one of these days i'll beat some learning into your head. until then, well... i'm at a loss :)

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
I feel somewhat guilty that I haven't read everything you've written, Rachel. Especially when you've read all my meager musings and clunky writing. I don't say that for any other reason than you capture words and spin them into certain scenes in certain ways I'm not sure I'll ever be able to. That's just fact.

My aim is take people think when they read. At least, I try to.

You, my dear, make people... feel, really feel, with your stories. Sometimes a little too much. Which is a good thing because I'm often terrible at showing any feeling for people in general, which is a long ass story for another time.

Anyway. There are precious few, even in my day to day life, where I'd enjoy just sitting down and talking. I hate small talk. And I tend to overthink a lot where conversations can veer to the awkward.

But strangely, or not so strangely, I have this feeling where I believe I could sit down with you in a nice quiet coffe shop or book store and talk for hours about nothing in particular. Hopefully, (not), that doesn't embarrass you too much. Because it's true.

I said before I love your mind to pieces. And I do. Even though we don't "know" each other much and I wish I'd been maybe a bit more proactive in that regard as I think we vibe on a similar, if small sort of frequency.

Anyway. I could rant until my diatribe becomes a story itself, so I'll cut it off here.

Of course I'll read this.
Lurker
0 likes
Dear Ms Sprite,

Life will go on, lush will go on, but the light will be a little dimmer around here.

Over the years your posts and stories have made me blush, laugh and feel sexy...sometimes all that the same time. As you said about Dancing Doll, I have always held you as my role model and as much as I try I know I will never reach the bar that you have set and somehow continue to raise. It has always amazed me that you have never published any of your stories, not that I am complaining, because the publishing worlds lose is our gain.

I wish you all the best and I truly hope that our paths cross sooner rather than later.

Hugs

E xx
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Chapter 10 is up, btw. smile

Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I will read it (after I read the first 9 chapters)! I just finished your wonderful trio of trippy Alice-In-Wonderland-ish flash pieces and dearly love your style. I was very fond of Pretty Shiny too (though I think it is perfect as a stand-alone, and you should add nothing else to it). Such a dizzying antic perspective, always keeping the reader off guard, wondering what will happen next.

Anyway...I will try not to do the white boy gush like LYFBUZ and probably fail miserably. I am not one of the old school royalty here, like you, and I don't know you well. I am sorry for your medical issues. I have witnessed the deep frustration and exhaustion of battling a tough illness, and my heart swells in sympathy for you. You are a delightful presence in this community, cheerful and angry and energetic and passionate and empathetic and always engaged. I still treasure your comment on one of my Shards ("brilliant, and I don't say that lightly" - see, I even memorized it!) because it meant much to me to hear you say that.

You are extremely talented, and a lively, lovely presence here. I hope the New Year brings you some relief and hope and help as you battle your monsters of sickness (I always pictured the illness of my loved one as a Golem). Good luck, and much love, dear.

Peace.
V