last reply
53 replies
4.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
It is often quoted: "A picture is worth a thousand words."

To make things interesting, we decided for this competition, to use a photo, from which you can draw inspiration, and create your own theme.

Your story should in some way, use the character in the photo:

Competition Theme

Maybe she's going to a music festival or just exited a relationship or job and she's going cross country and ends up getting picked up by a bad boy, a rich older man, a trio of hot girls, a frisky couple?

Maybe it's a roadside encounter or she gets taken to a cool party, a beach, or maybe enjoys hanging out with a gang of horny bikers?

We are deliberately leaving this theme open to interpretation, so use your imagination and see where it takes you (and her!).

In our case, and as a challenge to authors, this picture must be worth a story of 5000 words or less!

Full details here.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
This is a fucking awesome prompt, Nic. Love the openness with the theme. Leaves a lot of room for creative interpretation.

And boom.

Already have an inkling of an idea.
English Gentleman
0 likes
just asking a i may sound a bit thick asking it too. we are to use that specific picture as our insparation?
0 likes
Quote by SeanR83
just asking a i may sound a bit thick asking it too. we are to use that specific picture as our insparation?

i think so!
English Gentleman
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee

i think so!

thanks hon.
0 likes
So we have to use this picture? I my be thick also..
Click below to see

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Simplicity
So we have to use this picture? I my be thick also..

You have to use the character in the photo in your story.

"Your story should in some way, use the character in the photo."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Interesting. Nice idea providing a picture; it narrows options in one way, but it also focuses the mind. Definitely something to get stuck in to.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Liz

You have to use the character in the photo in your story.

"Your story should in some way, use the character in the photo."

I am assuming this means a character from a specific photo the writer chooses to use, not (necessarily) the girl pictured above?

Otherwise, we'd have a lot of carbon copy stories
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Milik_the_Red
I am assuming this means a character from a specific photo the writer chooses to use, not (necessarily) the girl pictured above?

Otherwise, we'd have a lot of carbon copy stories

I got the impression from Nicola's post that all entries should feature the girl in that specific photograph. Obviously you have to fabricate your own plot around it. Who she is, where she's going, etc.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Liz

I got the impression from Nicola's post that all entries should feature the girl in that specific photograph. Obviously you have to fabricate your own plot around it. Who she is, where she's going, etc.

Okay. I think we are all happy to get that cleared up. Thank you, Liz.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Milik_the_Red
Okay. I think we are all happy to get that cleared up. Thank you, Liz.

No problem. I'm interested to see what everyone comes up with. smile

Should be a fun one.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Precisely.
0 likes
Sounds like a really fun competition. Good luck everyone.
Click below to see

0 likes
she's so hot though

i'm too jealous of her to build a story for her. yet.
Lurker
0 likes
The poor judges will get to know her quite well.
0 likes
Idea's...good luck everyone..

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
she's so hot though

i'm too jealous of her to build a story for her. yet.

She should be jealous of you, you're brilliant!

I may enter as well.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
I actually have an idea for this one. Hopefully I can write it in time and within the word count compliance (I'm horrible at both!) biggrin
Clumeleon
0 likes
Started my story yesterday.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
Quote by clum

Show off.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by clum

Yay! It's been too long.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Lovely photo. But where is her bonnet, parasol and pelisse??
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by curvygalore
Lovely photo. But where is her bonnet, parasol and pelisse??

Ask her to bend over and you'll find out.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by puddleduck

Ask her to bend over and you'll find out.

Since you've posted now, I'm challenging you to enter as well.

Wanna write a story to blow my mind, this is the kinda prompt you could do it with.

Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Jen
Yay! It's been too long.

It really has, and I'm really enjoying it. It's soppy and romantic, just like me.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by clum

It really has, and I'm really enjoying it. It's soppy and romantic, just like me.

Good. This thang will need someone to brighten things up because I'm plunging back into my dark, twisted, fucked up roots and the judges are gonna need an IV drip of the feels if I can off my idea how I want to.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan
Good. This thang will need someone to brighten things up because I'm plunging back into my dark, twisted, fucked up roots and the judges are gonna need an IV drip of the feels if I can off my idea how I want to.

Good. Evidence already that the same prompt can inspire wildly different types of stories. I love this competition.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

Yeah, my only story idea so far is pretty frikkin dark.

Also, I think the car in the photo is coming toward her, not driving away. She's facing the wrong direction to hitch. Hmmm.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Unasked for advice to Mad and Verbal: Dark can be good, but it might be best to go easy on the chainsaws.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN