on a scale of 1 to 10...

last reply
6 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
so, i was binging on vh-1 vintage reality tv and a question popped in my mind. on the show i was watching a contestant 'called out' two other contestants for lying about their happiness with their sex lives. her reasoning was that since both had sex with multiple people, and frequently, they in turn had to have great sex life. do either/both guarantee a fulfilling sex life?

follow up questions (if you care to share):

1. what factors do you consider when rating the quality of your sex life? b) do any of them surprise you?

2. have those factors changed over the duration of your sex life?

3. what would you rate your sex life on a scale from one to ten; with one being unsatisfying and ten being extremely satisfying?

thanks for the input!

nia?

Say. Her. Name.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I'm sure a lot of people have perfectly fulfilling sex lives with only one partner. Those are usually people for whom sex can't truly be enjoyed unless they are deeply in love with their partner, and for whom fidelity and monogamy are essential components. Then there are people like me, who can also enjoy recreational sex with different partners, without any deep love or commitment. To each their own. I rate my sex life pretty highly, mainly because I really enjoy sex for its own sake, and always have. Also, I think bisexuals just naturally have better sex lives, because we have twice as many options as heterosexuals do.

1. Frequency, variety, and the experience of my partners all go into what for me is a great sex life. Sexual chemistry is a great part of it too.

2. I was much more experimental in my teens and twenties than I am now. But everyone needs to discover their boundaries, and what works for them. I've pretty much explored my sexuality fully, having tried nearly everything.

3. Probably varies between 8 and 9. Nothing is perfect, and there's always room for improvement, but overall, I couldn't ask for a better sex life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Great answer, Bethany. For me, monogamy is inexorably tied into the concept of ownership and exclusivity, neither of which hold much attraction for me anymore. The other thing is that as much as the concept of age just being a number seeming to be how I describe my life, the reality is that as I get older, my age more and more restricts my physical abilities. My mind is still fully capable, but I tire faster and my ability to fuck someone's brains out is just a memory.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by honeydipped
sex with multiple people and [frequency]...do either/both guarantee a fulfilling sex life?

In my opinion, the short answer is no. Here's why:

For me, a fulfilling sex life has 4 dimensions:
1. Frequency--so, yes, that's part of it. But keep reading
2. Variety--so, yes, multiple people can fulfill that, but not if all of them are similar and express their sexuality in the same ways and positions, etc.
3. Intensity--even if variety and frequency are present, I also require intensity of a physical and emotional nature.
4. Alignment with expectations--lowering expectations is the easiest way to achieve fulfillment (please no jokes about the Mad TV sketches), but can also lead to long-term dissatisfaction if expectations are kept artificially low for too long.

have those factors changed over the duration of your sex life?

They have become more and more familiar, well-understood and accepted. The lack of any of them has become more problematic and urgent.

what would you rate your sex life on a scale from one to ten; with one being unsatisfying and ten being extremely satisfying?

Zero. However, it can swing up into the 2 or 3 range from moment to moment when hope is high. Hope is everything. It kept me going through many dark years.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
1. what factors do you consider when rating the quality of your sex life?

-Satisfaction, My partner's pleasure, Frequency. Duration of the event. Variety of partners.

b) do any of them surprise you?

Not really. We have been together long enough now to realise what we have is as good as it gets.

2. have those factors changed over the duration of your sex life?

Yes. In many ways and all for the better.Since establishing our existing FWB relationships I realise I am not alone in my desire for regular and consistent sexual satisfaction.

3. what would you rate your sex life on a scale from one to ten; with one being unsatisfying and ten being extremely satisfying?

Ten Plus. I have never been happier after many years of searching and experimenting. I am not confined to one lover and can enjoy the variety of different experiences with different people as a bisexual.
Lurker
0 likes
From the time we met until the day were were married was thirty days.
I knew I loved her from the start.
I have never been happier.
Our sex life began with patience.
Out of our marriage we have become as one.
Sexually speaking we have matured and bloomed over the years.
We are close to our friends and have swung...sparingly.
I would rate our relationship as a plus ten.
She has made me a better me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some other people have already made wise comments.

But having said that I always find these type of questions comical.

I have only had sex in this body and how sex feels for John, Jane, Alice or Ted is unknowable.

Since I have sex with many people I know there are people out there that are saying "Her Sex Life can not be satisfying since she has so many partners. You know who you are.

When I married I never promised to be Monogamous. Nor did I expect my husband to be either.

Could it be the some Women's Sex Drive is just much stronger than other women?

If we really are trying to measure the Sex Satisfaction of the Human Condition, then there is only one vote and it is not yours or yours either.