Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Cure that hangover! Options · View
insomniac
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 9:40:13 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/14/2006
Posts: 225
I'm finding this rather useful right now: http://mahalo.com/How_to_cure_a_hangover drunken
SusanEngland
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:21:46 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/21/2007
Posts: 458
Location: England
I was a baaaaaad mistake for me to read that as I was pouring my third glass of red wine !!!!
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:02:31 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,233
Location: In the Spring Blooms, United Kingdom
Susan, it seems you turn into a sheep when tipsy - and I thought wine would turn you into a feisty vixen - baaaaaad girl! sheepholy
nicola
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2007 2:51:23 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,233
Location: In the Spring Blooms, United Kingdom
bump for those in need right now, including myself 3601
Deadly
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2007 3:11:27 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/25/2007
Posts: 166
Easiest way to avoid a hangover is - Don't get drunk - just drink enough to get a mild buzz and stay under the legal limit. That way you enjoy the booze and the time, and usually the people you're with.
nicola
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2007 3:16:22 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,233
Location: In the Spring Blooms, United Kingdom
blah5 sleepy2
fystee
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2007 8:57:27 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/28/2007
Posts: 1,285
Location: tied up somewhere
sign5 Good minds think alike Lush! 3601
Guest
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 6:06:42 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
i find the best way to cure hangovers is to just sleep it off , but i suppose work and studying gets in the way. Water also helps
Guest
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 7:14:12 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
Before bed: drink lots of water, have at least two slices of bread, and two tylenol. If you are really hammered, have a cheese burger, or some other comfort food, then do the previously mentioned things.

If you forget, and pass out and wake up with hangover, then:




hair of the dog, call in sick, throw the to-do list away, and write, read, or go out and take it all in.
Guest
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 8:24:26 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
eviotis wrote:
Before bed: drink lots of water, have at least two slices of bread, and two tylenol. If you are really hammered, have a cheese burger, or some other comfort food, then do the previously mentioned things.

If you forget, and pass out and wake up with hangover, then:

hair of the dog, call in sick, throw the to-do list away, and write, read, or go out and take it all in.


yesterday I woke up ... after the annual christmas hammered smashed mess .... in the hammered smashed state.

GROAN

Awful!! how did I get home? Bruise (huge) on my hip and wrist. Oh, let's not talk about the heaves ....

I didn't do the before sleep assistance of bread, tylenol or cheeseburgers. I could NOT do the hair of the dog in the morning, let alone water!!

"Just kill me now" repeated in my head. After I finally got a few hours of sleep, I started to repeat, "I am NOT drinking again, EVER!"

Now I am thinking a 2 drink limit???

Wow ... what a waste (literally) of a good Friday night and all day Saturday. I wonder what stories I'll be hearing on Monday at work!

Van
Guest
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 8:58:59 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
I warded off my 'Xmas Party' bad hangover with copious cups of tea,a huge fry up and a few curly wurlys. I spent the whole day in my pyjamas doing nothing (giggles)
Magical_felix
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 9:59:40 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,263
Location: California
Big bowl of Phở.






Guest
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 10:31:12 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
Magical_felix wrote:
Big bowl of Phở.




I'm sorry Felix but if I looked at that with a hangover I'd feel quite sick. Does it taste nice?
Guest
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 5:51:52 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
Stay drunk occasion5
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 6:55:58 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,263
Location: California
Loislane wrote:
Magical_felix wrote:
Big bowl of Phở.




I'm sorry Felix but if I looked at that with a hangover I'd feel quite sick. Does it taste nice?


Yes it does. It's just noodles with delicious broth. Soaks all that alcohol right up and no hangover in the morning. For me it goes down easy after you have a hangover too.



Guest
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 1:24:34 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
Okay I can see that the noodles might soak up the alchohol and the broth would rehydrate you...I'll stick to a greasy fry up
Guest
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 3:06:24 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
"I'll stick to a greasy fry up."

AMEN sister. Holiday party was good for me, drank lots of water between my Makers shots.

By the way VAN, ever find out how the bruises got there, or any other points of interest?

Guest
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 7:05:26 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
eviotis wrote:
"I'll stick to a greasy fry up."

AMEN sister. Holiday party was good for me, drank lots of water between my Makers shots.

By the way VAN, ever find out how the bruises got there, or any other points of interest?



Really, when I saw the Pho soupy-thing, I just about hurled! yikes!!

I have to agree with you & Lois ..... greasy fry up would have eased the pain!!

Bruises - totalled 3: top of thigh by hip, back of arm and wrist. If they were wrists bruises, I might say I had a great effing time ...... but .... dontknow

Apparently, I was highly amusing; chatting up many, trying to get a limo to take us home, and the 10 minute study of trying to get the key in the front door. I wonder though, how long did it take for me to get into my condo!! LOL

Ahh ..... 2010 Christmas Mess behind me .... Here's to next year!! 3601

Van
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 7:37:13 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,584
Location: Your dirty fantasy
VanGogh wrote:
eviotis wrote:
"I'll stick to a greasy fry up."

AMEN sister. Holiday party was good for me, drank lots of water between my Makers shots.

By the way VAN, ever find out how the bruises got there, or any other points of interest?



Really, when I saw the Pho soupy-thing, I just about hurled! yikes!!

I have to agree with you & Lois ..... greasy fry up would have eased the pain!!

Bruises - totalled 3: top of thigh by hip, back of arm and wrist. If they were wrists bruises, I might say I had a great effing time ...... but .... dontknow

Apparently, I was highly amusing; chatting up many, trying to get a limo to take us home, and the 10 minute study of trying to get the key in the front door. I wonder though, how long did it take for me to get into my condo!! LOL

Ahh ..... 2010 Christmas Mess behind me .... Here's to next year!! 3601

Van


But was there photographic evidence of that night? ... Cause we wanna see it! icon_smile

Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 7:38:40 PM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,263
Location: California
Oh come on guys... The entire country of Vietnam can't be wrong. A southeast asian noodle dish with French influences is gonna make you hurl but something fried in week old oil isn't?

Different strokes...



SweetPenny
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 7:40:09 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/15/2010
Posts: 1,274
Location: State of Confusion
You know, I've been drunk many times, but I've never actually had a hangover.

However, I have been known to puke my guts out on several different occasions. And there may be one time I fell asleep on a toilet with my pants around my ankles.
Guest
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 8:11:49 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
SweetPenny wrote:
You know, I've been drunk many times, but I've never actually had a hangover.

However, I have been known to puke my guts out on several different occasions. And there may be one time I fell asleep on a toilet with my pants around my ankles.


oh my!!!! I think I experienced something similar after a tequila night!

At least I can laugh at the image!! lol

Van
Guest
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 8:20:15 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
Dancing_Doll wrote:


But was there photographic evidence of that night? ... Cause we wanna see it! icon_smile



Oh jeez .... I haven't seen a pic. I hope there ISNT a pic to be found!! Groan!! Now, if I had bruised wrists ... maybe!! *wink*

Van
Guest
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 8:41:39 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
Ahhh, the everlasting prayer while kneeling in front of the porcelain god...."I shall never drink like that again, so long as I live," or "Dear Lord, if you see me through this, I promise, I'll never do that again."

...and then comes New Year's Eve.
Vavavoom
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 10:06:33 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 4/11/2010
Posts: 50
Location: California
Magical_felix wrote:
Big bowl of Phở.




Phở cures EVERYTHING!

My last hangover was my 50th birthday party...waaay tooo much tequila, threw up from drinking for the first time in 25 years of marriage and my poor hubby was "holding the bag" literally! Got up in a blacked out state at 3am and got in the shower...wtf?

Next day, one broken toenail, brusied knees (??) and a bite mark on my shoulder...tooo bad I can't remember any of it! dontknow

Worst part, we had the party at my office so had to get up early (still drunk btw) and clean the mess... GROAN!!!!!

mercianknight
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 6:50:55 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/11/2009
Posts: 2,027
Location: whispering conspiratorially in your ear, Bermuda
Loislane wrote:
Okay I can see that the noodles might soak up the alchohol and the broth would rehydrate you...I'll stick to a greasy fry up


I always suspected Lois was a soul mate **sighs** drunken

I've never managed to convince the wife of the benefits of a fry-up to cure a hang-over - she still clings to glasses of ginger ale the next morning.

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 7:16:22 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,586
Magical_felix wrote:
Oh come on guys... The entire country of Vietnam can't be wrong. A southeast asian noodle dish with French influences is gonna make you hurl but something fried in week old oil isn't?

Different strokes...


hehehe I like the way you put that! Mass-produced chicken eggs in processed oil? Yum! angry7 I don't hate all greasy foods but if I only understand this way of dealing with hangover is to make you completely sick and hurl everything in your system.:)

I have never done Pho for hangovers but whats not to like about that? Tons of herbs there, which is the main ingredient in my fave remedy. Herbal teas. Zhi ju and ge gen, which are herbs, and ge hua, which is a flower, boiled in water until the water lessens, and then keep drinking it and you feel better after every cup! You can find all those things at any Asian market. Ginseng works really good too.
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:06:16 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,263
Location: California
Vavavoom wrote:
Magical_felix wrote:
Big bowl of Phở.




Phở cures EVERYTHING!

My last hangover was my 50th birthday party...waaay tooo much tequila, threw up from drinking for the first time in 25 years of marriage and my poor hubby was "holding the bag" literally! Got up in a blacked out state at 3am and got in the shower...wtf?

Next day, one broken toenail, brusied knees (??) and a bite mark on my shoulder...tooo bad I can't remember any of it! dontknow

Worst part, we had the party at my office so had to get up early (still drunk btw) and clean the mess... GROAN!!!!!



I knew I could count on a fellow Californian to back me up on pho's magical healing qualities :)



Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:09:23 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,263
Location: California
shi_squared wrote:
Magical_felix wrote:
Oh come on guys... The entire country of Vietnam can't be wrong. A southeast asian noodle dish with French influences is gonna make you hurl but something fried in week old oil isn't?

Different strokes...


hehehe I like the way you put that! Mass-produced chicken eggs in processed oil? Yum! angry7 I don't hate all greasy foods but if I only understand this way of dealing with hangover is to make you completely sick and hurl everything in your system.:)

I have never done Pho for hangovers but whats not to like about that? Tons of herbs there, which is the main ingredient in my fave remedy. Herbal teas. Zhi ju and ge gen, which are herbs, and ge hua, which is a flower, boiled in water until the water lessens, and then keep drinking it and you feel better after every cup! You can find all those things at any Asian market. Ginseng works really good too.


Yeah, tea works good for me too. I guess I just need something liquid and light for my hangovers.



Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:17:20 AM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,584
Location: Your dirty fantasy
Sadly, whenever I wake up with a bleary-eyed, head-splitting, stomach-turning morning after drinking... I never seem to have a bowl of Phở handy.
Usually I reach for a banana, a slide of wonderbread and a bottle of water and crawl back to bed. If that stays down, then I consider it a hangover success. If not, then empty contents, wait one hour and try again. tard

Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.