Fraud / Cyberstalking / Safety Online

last reply
5 replies
6.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Everyone who is concerned about internet safety should read this article, and browse this site: http://www.wiredsafety.org

The most important line on the whole site as far as I'm concerned is this:

Don't give out any personal information about yourself or anyone else.

Be very careful who you give your email address details too, or your Facebook / Myspace etc profile details to.

Never give anyone your credit card details. You will never be asked to provide these details by any lush stories staff member.

As with any forum / social networking site, bad elements can creep in. As site owners, we try and prevent this as much as possible, and deal with problems promptly, however it is also the responsibility of the individual members to take common sense precautions.

"You are solely responsible for your conduct (and the conduct of anyone using your account) while using our service, including the content you provide. Just as in the real world, things you do within our site can subject you to criminal, civil or regulatory penalties. We are not responsible or liable for anything you do online."

Nicola
Matriarch
0 likes
Reminder - we will never ask anyone to provide their credit card details for age verification, or any other purpose. Do not give them out to any member here.

Also, be very careful when using messenger programs, fraudsters target the more naive internet users via those programs especially.
Matriarch
0 likes
Bump - please don't come complaining to either myself, or any of our admin staff, if you don't follow this guideline, and things go wrong, there's nothing we can do about it if you've chosen to give out your personal details:

Quote by nicola

Sure, there are instances when you may want to meet up with other members, but even at that point, I'd be very hesitant about giving out any details other than your first name and mobile number.
Matriarch
0 likes
A friendly bump.

Do not give out any personal details to anyone you don't know. That's not just advice for this website, it's for all websites you visit.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Bump - please don't come complaining to either myself, or any of our admin staff, if you don't follow this guideline, and things go wrong, there's nothing we can do about it if you've chosen to give out your personal details:

Quote by nicola

Sure, there are instances when you may want to meet up with other members, but even at that point, I'd be very hesitant about giving out any details other than your first name and mobile number.

Because another bump doesn't hurt.

Please remember that Lush is not responsible for what happens once you divulge your private information to another.

We can only go so far as to assure that such information isn't shared publicly (outside of private messages or any other format not visible to the public), within the site (Lushstories.com), of course.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░