Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Rob and Amanda Lundsford-Chapter two of two

"Cold words will nearly always come back to haunt those who say them"

26
12 Comments 12
9.5k Views 9.5k
8.0k words 8.0k words
“You seem pensive today," said Christopher.

"No, no, I just can't keep from recalling the old days, and how he and I got on. How we never had to worry about paying the bills. I hope he's all right. Probably rich by now while you and I are just getting by," said Amanda. He gave her a you-should-appreciate-me-more stare

"Why do you keep worrying over him? Because he was some hot shot salesman when he was here? He lives in freakin' Montana for chryssakes. He's just another guy, Mandy. And we're doing fine," said Christopher. "He's probably bagging grocery at some ma and pa store." She snickered.

"Yeah maybe or maybe not," she said. "I just wish I could've talked to him. I do feel so guilty about how I treated him."

"It was his fantasy, girl. He just couldn't live with the fallout. I never would've made a move on you if he were still around. But he left; he cut country leaving you high and dry. Frankly, the man owes you an abject apology," said Christopher.

"Haruumph! Uh-huh, and of course it took me so long to dump his memory in the trash heap of sexual ne'er do wells and take up with you. Yeah, I was a paragon of steadfast love," she said, about as sardonically as it was possible to say anything.

"You need what I can give you. He just didn't have it. And you were and are so far out of his league. He's a foot shorter than you for chryssakes. Hell, if you had to fight a man like him physically, you'd win! Me, on the other hand, could whip your pretty pink butt any day of the week," he said, smiling.

"Yeah right," she snickered, "because you're such a macho man."

"Whatever," he said.

"I—I—I want to find him and talk to him," she said. "I need him back. You need to help me."

"We don't know where he lives," he said.

"No, but we know where his lawyer does his thing: Billings, Montana," she said. He scowled.

"Yeah right, like we're going to be searching the hamlets of hill country for this guy. And what do we do about our jobs?" he said.

"We can take leave. I've got a busload coming. And I know your boss at the toy factory will let you off for a couple of weeks," she said. He shook his head.

"It's a fool's errand. The man dumped you, not you him. He wants it this way," said Christopher.

******

My night with Stephanie had been an eye opener for me. Her pussy had been so tight. Her low pitched screams, as she orgasmed, her devilish look as she took my load of cream and told me I'd have to eat it out of her: all of it bespoke the reality that I could please women, at least some women. All in all she was a turn on like I'd never experienced before, not even with Amanda in our salad days. Then it was the next day, and a typhoon of shit hit the fan.

Travis moved in to reclaim his woman for the fourth consecutive time essentially cutting me out of the equation. Stephanie was nice about it when she broke the news to me. She told me how wonderful a lover I was but how she just had to be with "her" man. I wished her well, and told her to give me a call if she ever needed me again. She smiled and promised to do just that. Then, I went back to my cruisin' ways.

And then the two of them walked in, while I was seated at the bar, and greeted me all smiley and full of grace.

"Hi, Robbie," said Amanda.

"Hello, Rob," said Christopher.

"What the fuck," I said. "What are you two doing here? Waited this long to rub it in have you?" I said.

"Robbie . . ." started Amanda, but paused. “Robbie, I, we, never meant to rub anything in or rub your nose in it. For godssake how can you say such a thing to me, us!”

“You’re kiddin’, right?” I said.

“No!” she all but screamed.

"Amanda, I left to make it easier on you to get rid of me. I knew it was coming and him being here with you proves that particular pudding does it not?" I said. "I don't know how you found me, but I'd appreciate it if the two of you would saddle up and ride; get the hell back to wherever you came from. I've got a new life here, and I really don't need to be reminded of how you destroyed me eight years ago. I really don't." I was not being nice.

"Robbie, please. Five minutes. Then, well, if you really want me to leave, I will. Okay?" she said. I saw Stephanie come in. She eye'd me quizzically, but kept her distance.

"Five minutes? And you'll leave me alone forevermore?" I said.

"Yes, if that's the way you want it," she said.

"Okay, start talking," I said. I was still seated at the bar, and was making no move to get a table or cooperate in any manner whatsoever.

"Could we . . ." she said, glancing around for a more, I supposed, private venue. "Could we move over there?" Two minutes later, carrying drinks, we were seated around a table for four near the back.

I leaned back in my seat and waited. I had to wonder what she could possible want to tell me. I had to think, in spite of her earlier words to the contrary, that she wanted to rub my nose in it. Yes, that’s what I thought, as unlikely as that might logically seem, otherwise why would she have brought Tanto along to ride shotgun.

"Robbie, I guess I should start, okay? I mean since I've only got five minutes," she said. I spread my hands indicating a get-on-with-it gesture.

"Robbie when you left I was adrift. I had no one. Chris here filled that void, or I would have had no one to turn to," she said.

"Fill the void? The void you say. Could you be a little more explicit as to which void you're referring to?" I said.

"Robbie!" she half screamed, frustrated.

"If you'll recall, Amanda, I predicted as much. That, whether I were there or not."

"No, no it wasn't like that . . ." she said.

"Yes, it was. I begged you not to invite him back. But, my begging fell on deaf ears; that ended us. I needed you there for me, but you were only there for you, Amanda, and, maybe him," I said.

"I was there for you, Robbie. I needed you," she said.

"Yeah, to pay the bills. Tell me how's it going with you two. Making a killing in the market?" I said. "Got good jobs?"

She looked down. "It's been kinda tough, but we're getting by, I guess you could say," she said. I didn't snicker; I wanted to, but I didn't.

"Okay, get to it, Amanda. Why are you here? You come to get me to give you money? Help pay your way?" I said.

"Rob," butted in Tanto, "that's not why we're here. She's here, we're here, for two reasons. One, to see if you were okay. We've long been worried about you, and I do mean the both of us. And, two, to apologize to you for me being or appearing to be a threat to you; though I swear if you'd stayed, I never would have gotten into your personal, married, life. I would have studiously made the effort to be outside of you two. But, that said, once you left; well, I saw the coast as clear, and Amanda available. She was good enough to say okay, and so yes we, well, we sorta got together."

"Really?" I said.

"Robbie, yes and no," said Amanda. "Chris is partly right. I, at least I, am indeed here to apologize. And, we were both worried about you. But, there is more, and this one is on me, not Chris," she said.

"Robbie, I would have eventually left you for Chris. Maybe he wouldn't have made a move on me, and I believe him when he says so. But . . ."

"But, you would have made a move on him, right," I said. She didn't bat an eye.

"Yes," she said. I nodded. "Eventually, I would've dumped you."

"Okay, then, your mission's over. You've apologized. You see I'm fine. Now you can leave," I said.

It was as though it only happened the day before not eight years before. I was once again sick to my stomach. I just wanted them to leave. I guess I had gone pensive.

"Robbie?" she said. I looked over to her.

"What?" I said.

"You okay," she said. "I wanted to be on the up and up with you, finally. You'd know if I lied. This might be the last time I see you, and I didn't want to leave with a lie separating us." I nodded.

"Goodbye, Amanda. Good luck." I said. I rose to go.

"Rob?" said Christopher Amundsen.

"What?" I said.

What Amanda said was the truth, but we also had kind of a side agenda. Kind of an offer," he said.

"Amanda?" I said, looking from the big man over to her.

"Robbie, we, Chris and I, would be honored, thrilled really, if you would well, join us," she said.

"Join you? What are you talking about?" I said.

"You know . . ." she started.

"In bed, Rob. In bed," interrupted Chris. I know my mouth was hanging open a yard.

"Huh? What? Huh? You mean have sex with the two of you?" I said.

"There'd be no shame in it. No put downs; I think you know that," she said.

"I have no words," I said, about as dardonically as I ever said anything. "You're saying . . ."

"Robbie, we've done our homework. I hope you won't be mad or take this wrong, but we checked things out rather thoroughly; we didn't just show up here," said Amanda.

"Checked things out?" I said.

"Robbie, we know you don't have a girlfriend, haven't had, since, well, since you came here. If you've had any sex, it's been rare; we understand; it's harder for a guy. I, we, want to fix that. I mean anytime you want or feel the need. We'd be thrilled. Really," she said. I started to choke on my own bile.

"Get the fuck outta here. Get out!" I screamed. I stood, all five-foot-four of me. I was ready to take on King Kong and her too if it came to that. I was that humiliated, and, that angry.

"Robbie, damn it, don't be like that. Don't let your insufferable male ego get in the way of taking care of your needs, hell, my needs too. It could be good for you. You know it and I know it," she said.

"Rob, you wouldn't be our cuckold anymore, in fact, I'd be your cuckold. You oughta think about it. It's a bona fide offer, no expiration date," said Chris, rejoining the conversation.

He'd momentarily stopped me. Him my cucky? It was a tantalizing thought. The difference is that as my cuckold, he would still be in control of the situation, and I'd still be sucking hind titty, and cut it anyway you'd want, he’d stolen my wife. No, it wouldn't work horny as hell though I was.

"Just go both of you, okay. And it's not about my male ego, Amanda; it's all about my utter and near desperate humiliation, again. It's more than I can bear, more than any man could bear," I said.

"Robbie no! We, I, didn’t mean to humiliate you, honestly. If I did, or seemed to, I apologize,” she said.

“Just get the fuck out and away from me,” I said. “I don’t need you, either of you, or your offers of mercy fucks. Not ever that. Get it? Good-fucking-bye!”

“Okay, Robbie, for now. We'll go. But we'll be here for one more day. And we're coming back here tomorrow night to dance. Maybe you could at least see your way clear to dance with me once or twice. We used to cut quite a rug as I recall," she said. And then they were gone, and I was left with my thoughts.

They were gone no more than a minute before Stephanie joined me at the table. Travis was sidled up to the bar, talking to the barkeep.

"That was her wasn't it?" she said. I nodded.

"Yes. And him too," I said.

"She's tall, and him, beefcake for sure. I hate to say it, but if we're going by appearances alone; he's gonna come away with the prize every time," said Steph. I snickered.

"Yeah, I know. I knew it eight years ago, and left before he claimed his, prize. It was humiliating enough knowing it was bound to happen," I said. Her turn to nod.

"But, and well, looks are not everything. Maybe when one is a teenager, but not when we become serious adults," she said.

"Yeah maybe," I said.

"So what did they want?" she said. "Why were they here?"

"They want me to join them in bed," I said. "She claims she needs me?"

"Can't be money, you're mister average for damn sure," said Stephanie. I gave her a look that belied my thoughts.

"I guess they'll be going back to wherever they came from then. I saw how you all but threw them out, their size notwithstanding," she said.

"Yeah, maybe, but not yet. Said they were coming back tomorrow night," I said.

"Hmm, really," said Stephanie. "That'll be interesting."

******

It was Saturday night and I was sitting at a table for four with Stephanie and Travis. And, yes, we'd been discussing whether or not the two interlopers of the night before might or might not show. Did I care if they did? I wasn't sure.

"They just walked in," said Travis. He flashed me a smile.

"Decision time." I said, as I tilted back my brew.

They'd seen us. I got a wave from the each of them. I didn’t reciprocate.

I danced a couple of times with Stephanie, and my ex danced a couple of times with the man who had made me his cuckold. I kept getting looks.

The DJ took a break. I split momentarily from Stephanie and headed for the bar. Imagine my surprise when I found her sitting in my seat upon my return from ordering the drinks. I stared at her.

"Got a minute cowboy?" she said. Her smile was wide. I continued to stare.

"Yeah, maybe one," I said. My voice was flat.

Stephanie signaled her beau to take her on a tour of the other tables and some of their many friends thereat ensconced.

"That was nice of your friends," said Amanda.

"They're nice people," I said. She nodded.

"Any chance of getting you to ask me to dance, Robbie? For old time's sake?" she said.

"I'm not going to be playing second fiddle to your new husband under any circumstances, Amanda. Not before, not now, not ever. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that," I said.

"My husband? Chris and I aren't married," she said. "Did I say we were married?"

"Well . . ."

"Robbie, there will never be a husband for me again, unless you want to apply for the job, again. In truth, I did consider Chris, and he did ask me; but, I knew it would never work. Not in the long run. The sex? Primo. He's not just better than you at sex, Robbie, he's better than any man I ever met. And, on some level I love the guy. No, that's not right. I appreciate him.

"I appreciate him because he never put you down never tried to make me forget you never pressured me. I appreciated that about him. And, when your income suddenly disappeared; he was there for me. Now we live together, fuck a lot, and share expenses. I think the term is roommates with benefits. He's content; I'm resigned and usually satisfied in obvious ways; but there is always the elephant in the room, you; and no, that is not a slap at you being so short.

"Do you know, we have separate rooms? When we fuck, we sometimes overnight in one or the other's rooms, but otherwise we give each other space," she said.

She'd not surprised me; she'd shocked me. I wasn't exactly speechless, but I was more than slow to react.

"I see I've surprised you," she said.

"Yes," I said. "You have." I finally woke up and realized that he wasn't with her, at the moment that is. "Where is your man?" Her eyes travelled over in the direction of the bar. I nodded.

"So what do you want, Amanda? I mean from me?" I said.

"Short run or long run?" she said.

"Say the short run," I said.

"A dance or two, like I said last night," she said.

"Okay," I said. I could see the DJ returning. He'd be doing his thing in short order. I offered her my hand; she took it; and she led me out on the dance floor. The first dance was a slow number, and she pressed herself against me discovering in the process no doubt that I had a potato in my pants pocket: a large white rose potato.

"That for me, sailor," she said, smirking. I looked up into her eyes, and I posed the next question.

"And, in the long run?" I said.

"If I could get it the way I want it?" she countered.

"Yes, okay, for now," I said.

"Have you back as my husband. Like before everything . . ." she said.

"And what about the Christophers of the world," I said. She sighed.

"I need them, but I can do without them if I have to in order to get what I really want and need.

"Robbie, we'll be leaving tomorrow. Any chance that tonight . . . ?" she said.

"Too soon. But, that said, you did give me something to think about. Maybe," I said. "Leave me your number. Okay?" I said.

"It hasn’t changed, Robbie; it’s the same one, my cell," she said.

We danced several more times, and then the big man claimed his prize and they were gone. I thought about that. They weren't married, she'd said. Of course I believed her. But, it was clear married or not; he was a helluva lot more to her than a roommate with benefits. Well, or so it seemed to me.

******

She said it was the same old number, her cell. Would I call her? I wanted to and I didn't want to, talk about catch 22s. But, a month later, I did.

She answered the door. "Welcome, handsome," said Amanda. "It is so good to see you. I must admit I was concerned that you might not come. I mean even after your call." She spoke all of this while leading me back into the house that used to be ours. She'd not sold it as I had thought she might. That surprised me.

"Thank you, Amanda. I almost didn't, but . . ."

"But, you did, Robbie, and I thank you for doing so," she said. I nodded. It was a noncommittal nod.

"Robbie, are we okay?" she said. "Me and Chris, we're just friends. And, I'd like to assure you that he wants to be your friend too. Okay?"

"Okay? Am I okay? Relative to what? I'm here to maybe get a piece of primo ass that I should never have been denied in the first place. And yes I know you never actually said I would be denied. But, what you did say yesterday, was that you would have eventually left me for him. Kind of a killer of the old hopes, dreams, and self-esteem if you know what I mean," I said. She looked down.

"And, yes, I’m horny enough to eat my pride and take what I can get," I said.

"I guess that's so, what you said about me eventually leaving you for Chris. But, right now, for what it's worth, you will get my ass. And, I mean immediately and without Chris being here," she said. "I want to give it to you. I need you, Robbie. I really really need you, and not just for your income either. And later we'll talk about the other stuff. Okay?"

"Okay, that's good," I said. "I mean you not caring about my money making prowess because I work for peanuts now. I'm not into the markets anymore. So, you might have your chance to prove what you just said." She gave me a look.

"Okay then, let's do it," she said, finally. She stood and extended her hand. She led me up the stairs to our room, our old room.

She sat me on the bed and began to undress. Jesus she was a stunner, even at her now age of forty-four. Tits were primo, ass was matchless, bare pubes enslaving, hair, smell, figure: the woman had no physical downsides; Helen of Troy launched a thousand ships; Amanda Lundsford could've launched the entire American high seas battle fleet.

I swallowed as she came to me and undressed me. God it was sensuous! My dick poked her in the belly. She played at screaming her fear that the length and girth of my sex engine would be too much. I played at assuring her how gentle I intended to be. It was a good moment.

I knelt in front of her and licked her secret places. Urging her with my hands to turn around, I spread her ass cheeks and licked and sucked and adored her nether places. She turned and pushed me away.

She mounted the bed and pushed her butt high into the air inviting me to take her doggy. I did. Boy did I, and gentle never entered into it. I rammed her for all I was worth. Several minutes later, she grunted, squirted, and came big time. I was ten seconds behind her. I actually felt proud of myself: I hadn't left her hanging.

I rolled off to the side of her as she collapsed onto her belly. Neither of us said word one for some little time. She broke the verbal impasse.

"What happened to the gentleness part?" she said. I snickered.

"I was kidding about that one," I said.

"Hmm, I guess you were," she said. We cuddled and slept for a little bit. I awoke to noises in the bathroom. She was on the cell.

"No, not tonight," I heard her say. I figured it had to be his largeness. "Tonight's for him, but you can come to dinner tomorrow. And do call me tomorrow; we should know more by then. Okay, yeah, that'd be good. Bye," she said.

She came out of the bathroom, and passed me; I faked being out of it. She headed downstairs.

I lay awake thinking. The sex was the best. A whole night of it would be indescribably fantastic. But, was it in me to share her with another man? It hadn't been till now, not another full time man at any rate. Her coming to me five hundred miles away and talking me into having her was a major shock, and, one might add, temptation, a temptation that I had all too easily succumbed to. She was irresistible. I had a decision to make.

******

I decided that I had to know where I really stood with her relative to his largeness. I decided to bug her; well, her purse that is. I had my mini recorder. It was old, but still in good condition. I'd used it before primarily for notes to myself about investments and business matters; I’d found that better than carrying around notebooks and pens. No one else's voice had ever been on it except mine that would now change.

"Rob, I will be going out for a little while. Would that be all right? I mean to leave you to your own devices for a couple of hours?" she said.

"Sure, no problem," I said.

"Okay, good, I need to get my hair done. It's been a while," she said.

ShannonC
Online Now!
Lush Cams
ShannonC

I didn't know what she was talking about; her hair looked great. But, I was pretty sure that if she did get her hair done she'd also be catching up with Mister Amundsen too. Regardless, the mini recorder buried deep in her knapsack sized purse would very likely be delivering the truth of the matter in any event.

It was three and a half hours before she finally pulled into the driveway. I didn't care. It was okay. I wondered if she'd make any apologies for her tardiness. I planned to be more than magnanimous if she did. I just wanted to get my recorder out of her purse. I had my fingers crossed.

She caught me sipping coffee and listening to a football game on the radio. And, yes, some of us actually like listening to the radio. State was winning, so I was happy. She caught me smiling and I could see her face relax.

"Listening to the game?" she said.

"Yep, and state just scored. We're up by three," I said. "You hair looks nice." She evidently had gone to the salon. Wheresoever else I hoped to soon know.

"Thank you, sir," she said. "Uh—I talked to Chris a little bit ago too," she said. That's partly why I'm late."

She'd more or less surprised me. "No, problem," I said. "How is the big guy?"

She smiled at my friendly tone. "Fine. He's fine. I asked him to come over tonight for dinner. I mean he has been living here for a long time. I mean if it's all right with you," she said.

She'd not really surprised me as to his being invited to dinner: I had heard her talking to him about it on the phone. And, truth told I wasn't especially concerned about him coming over, yet. After I heard what was on the recorder, what they'd said about me, that might change I knew. But for the moment magnanimity was the order of the day.

I decided to test the waters a little. "Am I going to be in the way? I mean you know?" I said. She actually looked shocked.

"My God of course not! Absolutely not. I don't want you to ever leave. It's just, well, he is kind of part of us if that's the way to say it. Now, I didn't smile. I didn't frown either. I just shrugged.

She put on a questioning expression but asked no questions. I was pretty sure she knew all of the answers to anything she might have wanted to ask me, so silence was her modus operandi.

"Anyway, dinner will be at 6:00," she said. I nodded.

“Okay,” I said.

"I'm going to take a shower if that's all right," she said. "I won't be long. Okay?"

"Of course it's all right. Do what you've got to do. I'll be fine," I said. She came to me, hugged me, turned, headed upstairs, and left me to my own devices.

Amanda was nothing if not a creature of habit. She dumped her purse where she always had, on the credenza in the dinette. As soon as she disappeared into the upstairs bedroom, I retrieved my recorder.

I knew she'd be at least half an hour getting herself sorted out. I grabbed one of her lover's beers from the frig and headed out to the patio. She'd have to come downstairs to see me, and I'd see her coming before she could make it outside.

I had my radio with me and had the game on. My recorder was in my pocket and my earplugs were feeding me the recording I hoped would let me know more than I currently did about where I actually stood with her.

I was lucky; she went to see him before she went to the salon: their conversation was at the beginning of the recording.

"Missed you last night," he said, in his most engaging tone of voice.

"I know, me too," she said. "But, he's going to be skittish for a while. You being there last night, and even tonight for the sex thing, with him comparing himself to you, well, it just wouldn't work, Chris. If I'm going to get him back, and then convince him to go back to what he does better than anybody, make money; well, I will have to cater to his needs first as opposed to ours, yours and mine."

"Yeah, I guess. How was he last night?" he said.

"Better than he used to be. But, he was so horny that I think he was making a strenuous effort to not screw up," she said. "I don't think he's been getting any or very much, at any rate. If I'm any judge, he's actually desperate sex-wise, I mean really."

"Yeah, I can bet he is," he said. "You know, I've been thinking these past few weeks."

"Yes," she said.

"Well, I know you stayed with the guy because of his money making skills. But, I have to ask what was the original attraction of the guy? I mean you married him before he was making the big bucks. There had to be some other reason at the time," he said.

"You really don't have a whole lot of respect for the intelligence of women, or at least me, do you, Chris?" she said.

"Of course I do, but you couldn't have predicted the kind of success he was going to be, economically, I mean when you first married him," he said.

"Oh, you are so wrong. I did predict it. And, I did my level best to support him and encourage him to work hard and to make it big. And he did. True he exceeded my expectations, and his too I'm pretty sure. But, I was more than certain that Rob Lundsford was going to be the cat's meow in the income department right from the git-go. Oh yeah. He just had that air about him. In school he let nothing get in the way of his being the best at everything he tried," she said.

"Except sex," he said, smiling.

"Hmm, even there he wasn't the worst that's ever fucked me. He was okay, just not exciting. And he needs sex; I'm sure of that; he just doesn't think that mastering it is all that important. More's the pity."

"You couldn't have taught him some stuff," he said.

"I did. But, in the end his cock is so average, and he is so goddamn short. I'm actually embarrassed to be seen with him socially; of course I can never let him know that; and, as for that, I've almost made that mistake on a few occasions; it makes me shiver to even think about it. Anyway, sexually and socially he's not of much use. Well, except as a dancer. He's better than you at that. Better than most actually; socially it's his one saving grace," she said.

"So, what's the plan? How do we get him onboard?" he said. She sighed.

"Initially, I let him fuck me raw, drain himself. After that we handle him like a very expensive thoroughbred. Lots of love, attention, good food, and absolutely never let him think he's second in line. If we can do those, I'm pretty sure I can put a collar and leash on him, and get him to do what I want. But, it's going to be a very delicate operation at least in the beginning.

"And, me?" he said.

"Let me put it this way. He can pull down half a mil annual if he's motivated. I make 31K annual, you what, twenty-five at the factory?" she said.

"Twenty-eight," he said. His tone was almost morose.

"Yeah, well between us we make, what, one tenth what he can? It's a no brainer. You can stay at the house, Chris, in fact that's part of the strategy; but he's gonna be the focus for some time to come. Either that, or we can just continue to do our fine dining at Macdonald's and Der Wiener Schnitzel," she said. "I do like the kraut dogs." She wasn't quite being sarcastic.

"Well, okay, you're the boss. So what time do I show up tonight," he said.

I saw her coming down the stairs and put my mini away. I'd heard enough anyway.

******

Time is the one thing over which no one has any significant control. We flatter ourselves, we homo sapiens, that while we may not have the answer as to how time passes more slowly on some days than others, we someday will. Regardless, this day had passed infinitely more slowly than yesterday. And my impatience to get the mandatory final meeting with my betrayer over with was driving me nuts.

The above said, time did pass, and six o'clock did finally make its appearance on the kitchen wall clock. I heard the knock at the front door. She went to answer it. It seemed strange to me that the man who had taken my place, and had lived in the house for the past several years, should have felt the need to knock. But he did, and that was that. He likely wouldn't be tomorrow.

"Hello, Chris," I heard her say; I think for my benefit. "Go on into the kitchen. Robbie's in there. Pour yourself a glass of wine. I'll be in in a minute."

"Hi, Rob," he said. I smiled and raised my hand in greeting. "How's it going? Everything gonna be okay?"

"Hmm, yes, I think so. Yes indeed actually," I said.

"Okay you two, ready to eat," said Amanda prancing into the kitchen. She'd changed from her jeans and t-shirt into a short, and very pretty sundress. Too bad, I thought, it was probably the last time I'd see her look so pretty, or, at all.

"Actually, no," I said. "But you two can go ahead and eat."

"Huh? Is something wrong, Robbie?" she said.

"I guess it depends on how you look at things," I said. "But, to avoid belaboring the issue, I've made the decision to leave. I'll be leaving in a few minutes."

"But but but . . ." stuttered Amanda. "But, we want you to stay! Really!" she said, and that more than forcefully. "Don't we Chris?" He nodded obediently.

"And, why would that be if you feel embarrassed just to be around me in public, Amanda? And that especially since I am all but useless both sexually and socially. And, frankly, I have no desire to be treated like an expensive thoroughbred. And as for having you put a collar and leash on me; well, that ain't happening," I said.

"Oh shit," said Chris, kinda quietly. "You heard us somehow. A recorder maybe?" I just shrugged.

"Robbie . . ." she started.

"Forget it, Amanda. You just got done burning the lottery ticket, and you can't get a duplicate," I said.

"For the record I will love you for the rest of my life. And, what is equally true, is that I never want to see or hear from you again; or, him either," I said, nodding in the direction of my replacement.

I rose and headed upstairs to get my stuff. They were waiting for me when I came down.

"Robbie, we can get by this. I know we can," she said,

"No, no, not this time. Goodbye to the both of you," I said. She was crying. Well, she had lost her winning lottery ticket.

******

Mackville had the virtue of being the residence of the dumbest jackass in the world, Travis Danson. He'd dumped her again, so my friend the barkeep at the We Smalls assured me.

"You're kidding me, Hal," I said.

"She was in here not an hour ago bemoaning his latest rejection of her not inconsiderable charms," he said. "I think she was hoping you might have been back earlier than you maybe planned." I looked him askance.

"You could have that little piece of fluff if you wanted," he said.

"Huh?" I said.

"I know you've done her. Before exlax reclaimed her that last time, she'd let me know that you were a pretty special fella. Well, that's what she said," he said. I nodded. And while I was nodding, I was pulling out my cell.

She arrived an hour later, dressed to the nines. I had to think it had taken that long to make her the vision that finally showed up.

"Jesus, you look great," I said.

"Keep talking like that and you might get to do me," she said.

"That is my sincerest hope," I said, smiling.

We talked for some little while. I told her my sad story. She told me hers. We adjourned to her place. And, I fucked her until my cock was on the verge of needing medical treatment.

"So what do we do now?" she said, as we lay naked on the front room floor.

"In my case burial because I just died and went to heaven," I said.

"You say the nicest things," she said, "weird, but really nice."

"Well, I am a college graduate," I said. "But, what would you say to a proposal of marriage. I mean, you know I'm on the rebound, but then again, not really."

"Are you serious?" she said.

"As the proverbial heart attack," I said. "I've been kinda in love with you for a while. I just couldn't let myself go because of your sometime relationship with the biggest idiot in the world. But, I sense a change in that regard. Have I got it right?"

"Mister, I do believe you have," she said. "And, to answer your question: yes." I pulled her nakedness on top of me and kissed her till my lips hurt.

******

Stephanie and I were seldom apart after that, and then a month later we had the inevitable business meeting.

"Honey, she said, "I've got some money saved. We can get a little bigger place if you want." I gave her a look and I couldn’t even say what kind. Money issues hadn't even occurred to me. I still had a quarter mil stashed. I figured my new squeeze had maybe a twentieth of that, and she was offering it to us. I finally smiled broadly.

"I have some money kinda hidden away too. You know for a rainy day," I said. "I think between us we'll be fine. And I can get a better job, but we might have to relocate. Would that be okay with you, sweetheart?"

"Whatever works," she said. "Just so long as you don't dump me for some chickee. I couldn't bear that; I just couldn't," she said, she wasn't being comical.

"Never happen," I said. "You're stuck with me."

Two months later we were married, and I was reemployed at my old digs, Hilling's Investments. It took a few months, but soon I was back to making the kind of scratch that I used to. And, no, I'd had no communication with Amanda or her ten-inch dick since returning. That would be a while in coming.

******

"He's back at Hilling's," she said. "I hear he's doing real good too. One of our customer's told me so today."

"Really? How good," said Christopher Amundsen.

"Like the old days, I guess. Well, it's what he does, isn't it," she said. She went pensive.

"Amanda? You okay?" he said.

"Yeah, I guess. It's just, well, I wish he'd never heard us talking about him that day. It sure screwed things up," said Amanda. "I think I'm going to sell the house. Should get a pretty penny out of that. Well, that's the hope."

"Hmm," he said. "Let's go to bed." She nodded. He read her look. He knew she was beginning to realize that sex really was a distant second to overall happiness, contentment. He made up his mind.

******

She turned on her side. She was alone and the sun was up. He must be in the bathroom, she thought. She closed her eyes for a few more minutes.

Stirring, she rolled out and checked the bathroom—nothing. She went down stairs. Nothing. She saw it, the note. She relaxed.

Amanda,

I'm leaving. We had a good run. But, I can't stay any longer with no hope of marriage, and you always moping around about him. I tried; I really did. But, I want a life and a wife and maybe even kids, though as for that maybe it's too late, I don't know.

Be well,

Chris

Her sobs shook her very being.

******

"Hello, Morgan," said Amanda.

"You're in early today," said Morgan. "You know, if you don't mind my saying so, Amanda, you've looked kind of down and out these past few days," said her coworker.

"Lot of personal problems, Morg, but I'm fine," she said.

"Amanda, Lillian said she talked to you. Your boyfriend abandoned you?" he said.

She gave him a look. "Sorry," he said, "I didn't mean to pry. It's just . . ."

"What, Morg?" she said.

"Well, you know, well, I've always had a thing for you Mandy . . ." he said.

"Huh?" she said

"Well, I mean if there's a chance, well, that you might like to go out one of these nights. I'm a great listener," he said. She gave him an indulgent smile.

"I don't know, Morg. Right now I'm kind of just eating and breathing. Not sure I'd be too good company. But, thanks for asking," she said. "Rain check?"

"Sure bet," he said. "Oh, I don't know if you saw it, but your ex-husband made the papers. Society page no less. Some kind of big shot now, I guess." He handed her the local paper to peruse.

In the break room, she looked for the society page, and there it was: him and his wife. Her name was Stephanie. She knew he'd married. She'd heard it on the grapevine. She felt envy, a little sadness, and something else: she felt happy for him. After so long a time, she finally knew what she'd lost, and not just in economic terms. Her little guy was a winner. Well, he used to be her little guy. She could see from the picture that he was taller than his new wife.

******

I was just coming out of Denny's; I love their patty melts. I bumped into him pretty hard; he staggered back. Stephanie was still inside settling the bill. I'd been detailed to get the car from the back of the lot.

"Oh, sorry man. Didn't . . ." I started.

"Robbie," said the woman a few feet behind him."

"Amanda!" I said.

"Robbie," she said, repeating herself.

"Yeah, it's me. You should know," I said, not unkindly.

"Uh, Robert Lundsford, this is Morgan Peters, my husband; we work together at Hammond's," she said. He stuck out a tentative hand. I took it. We shook.

"We were just going to get some lunch," she said. "Interest you in joining us?"

Just as I was about to beg off, politely, Stephanie joined us.

"Amanda," said Stephanie. They'd never really met though they'd seen each other at the We Smalls B&G a couple of times. "Yes, we'd be good to have coffee with you. We've already eaten," she said.

"Steph?" I said.

"Don't be silly, Rob, we've a lot of history, especially you and Amanda. Coffee would be good. Perfect," she said. I shrugged. When the boss laid down the rules, it was a done deal.

"Am I missing something here?" said the newbie.

"Morgan, honey, Robert is my ex-husband," said Amanda.

"So you're the guy she's told me so much about," he said. I think I actually grimaced.

We all adjourned inside.

The waitress was quick to have the coffee in front of us, but only brought two menus; well, she had just got done cleaning up after me and Stephanie. Amanda seemed anxious to talk, and so she did.

"How are you doing, Robbie?" she said. Stephanie smiled.

"Good, and you, Amanda?" I said. My tone was flat, but not completely devoid of interest.

"Fine, Morgan and I got married a few months ago. I want to say up front that he knows my, our, history. I laid it all out for him. No secrets, no games, no Chris Amundsens," she said.

So there was the answer to the unvoiced questions I’d had for the past five minutes or so. He knew, and she wasn't doing it anymore. Well, she said she wasn't.

"Well, that's good, interesting," I said. "How's life in the fast lane?"

"Good, we're happy. Heard about you and Stephanie here. Saw your pics in the paper," she said. Stephanie for her part was smiling affably and not offering anything but the occasional nod to the conversation. She seemed to sense that this conversation was going to be mainly between me and my ex.

"Yes, didn't know we were going to be featured; somebody was snapping pictures at the function and I guess they liked ours. There were a lot of folks there," I said.

Morgan Peters was looking antsy. He finally decided to contribute. I eye'd him.

Five seven or eight, handsome, built, looked like a serious guy. I wondered about him. And, it occurred to me that Amanda really did like her men to be shorter than her, at least the ones she married. And, that was something else to wonder about, I mean I guess I wasn't the only one.

"Mister Lundsford, I must say I'm glad to finally meet up with you. You've been kind of a mythic presence in our marriage up till now. But, meeting you has cleared some things up for me," he said. "You are a serious guy aren't you?"

"I’m not sure I get . . . ?" I said.

"Intelligent, focused, I can read those from just the little I've seen in these last minutes. Amanda, well Amanda, has told me about your differences; I mean from before. Nobody could write a novel like that. Well maybe Shakespeare," he said.

Stephanie finally broke in. "You're still working for the same company, then," said Stephanie.

"Yes, we both are," said Amanda, in the same office actually. It works for us. We ride together in the morning, arrange the same vacation schedules; well, you get the idea."

"Yes, I guess so," I said.

"Robbie," said Amanda, "I want to apologize for everything. Everything and especially the things we said about you in those days. They were unforgivable, and unconscionable."

"Forget it, Amanda, “we're good," I said. I glanced over at my wife; she nodded her okay. "Uh, how about the Peters' clan come to a barbecue at our house next Saturday. I mean if you guys are clear."

"I—I—don't . . ." started Amanda.

"We'd be happy to," said Morgan. "What should we bring?" He got a quizzical look from Amanda, but she smiled and nodded her agreement.

"No, nothing, just yourselves," I said.

We talked a little longer, exchanged contacts, toasted each other with our waters, and said our goodbyes.

******

"So do you think he'll front us the money?" said Morgan. “I mean he is well-heeled that’s clear.”

"Don't know for sure, but he is a softie, so probably," she said. "He never could resist me when I wore a certain perfume." She was laughing now.

"Well, so wear it. We need to get the money from somewhere if we want to open that little business you have in mind," he said. She smiled.

“You know, that’s a damn good idea. I’m sure he’ll front us the cash if . . .” she started.

“If his wife is okay with it,” he said.

“Yes. I’ll talk to her when we go to their house for the barbecue,” she said. He smiled his support.

Published 
Written by mattmoreau
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments