Movie Remakes

last reply
43 replies
3.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What movie do you wish was redone? Any classics? How about your favorites from when you were a child?

Personally, I think that Gone With the Wind should be remade.
The Flight of the Navigator (1978) Kids would love it.
Enemy Mine (1985) Could be good if it was done right.
Willow (1988) With Peter Dinklage
Big (1988) Tom Hanks directing/producing or acting. It wouldn't be right if he wasn't involved.
Wizard of Oz and Mary Poppins would probably be big hits too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When Worlds Collide (1951)
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by AudriNichols
What movie do you wish was redone? Any classics? How about your favorites from when you were a child?

Personally, I think that Gone With the Wind should be remade.
The Flight of the Navigator (1986) Kids would love it.
Enemy Mine (1985) Could be good if it was done right.
Willow (1988) With Peter Dinklage
Big (1988) Tom Hanks directing/producing or acting. It wouldn't be right if he wasn't involved.
Wizard of Oz and Mary Poppins would probably be big hits too.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Lurker
0 likes
Gone with wind could be an incredible remake, not sure who I would pick for the leading roles though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some movies are so good that I'm not sure they should be remade, but one in particular that I love, and think should be remade is Westworld. Another one is The Magnificent 7, maybe The Breakfast Club and Rocky Horror Picture Show. Gone With The Wind would be an interesting remake, but I can't imagine Rhett Butler as anyone other than Clark Gable.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
I hear there are talks to remake The Creature From the Black Lagoon with ScarJo. As the Girl, not the creature, although that might be a neat twist.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
I like both sprite and Katie's ideas. The latter especially, given what could be done with it using modern fx and an A-list cast.

Remaking Creature from the Black Lagoon is an idea that's been around for decades and has never come to fruition (I think Clive Barker of Hellraiser fame was attached at one point in the eighties). ScarJo is good in almost everything she's in and would be a good choice (and I'm not just saying that because she'd be wearing a swimsuit in it ).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Animal House
A determined person with perseverance can overcome many obstacles. They can, many times, perform better than those who are more intelligent, stronger and with better finances by determination and perseverance
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
I like both sprite and Katie's ideas. The latter especially, given what could be done with it using modern fx and an A-list cast.

Remaking Creature from the Black Lagoon is an idea that's been around for decades and has never come to fruition (I think Clive Barker of Hellraiser fame was attached at one point in the eighties). ScarJo is good in almost everything she's in and would be a good choice (and I'm not just saying that because she'd be wearing a swimsuit in it ).

actually, i would prefer her without a swimsuit on, if ya know what i mean

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by KatieElizabeth
Forbidden Planet (1950s ish)

I love the plot idea of monsters from the subconscious.

Ohh, I'd love this too. They'd have to retire the "best quantum mechanic in the fleet" line though.

I'd love to see a really great series of Dune movies.
Best Friend Exchange Club: Here
Artist stories start at Artist -- Chapter 1
Starbucks Reverie at Starbucks Reverie

Teacher at Teacher

And please read my competition entry:There's Always Time. A sweet love story set in a time traveling universe.
Una chica rubia caliente
0 likes
Pulp Fiction remade with The Muppets (Miss Piggy as Mia, Kermit as Butch, Fozzie Bear as Vincent Vega, Gonzo as Jules)
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
Barbarella comes to mind.
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shannon3K
Pulp Fiction remade with The Muppets (Miss Piggy as Mia, Kermit as Butch, Fozzie Bear as Vincent Vega, Gonzo as Jules)

You're just weird...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by guiltee

You're just weird...

Yes, that may be weird....but this possible remake or sequel of 'American Hustle' is weirder

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by VelvetDesire
Gone with wind could be an incredible remake, not sure who I would pick for the leading roles though.

It would take a lot of work to do it, but Hollywood has made some incredible epic war movies lately. A retelling of Gone With the Wind should be one of them. If it is well done, by the right director, it will be amazing. Casting will be one of the most important parts of doing a remake that people will really enjoy. Although, I suspect no matter who is chosen, there will be people who will protest and complain.

Maybe in another ten years, or twenty, someone in Hollywood will take on the challenge.
Chuckanator
0 likes
Hmmm. Deep Throat?... The one about Nixon.

How about Casablanca or the African Queen?

Or some war classics like The Longest Day or Bridge over River Kwai?

Musicals like Funny Girl or Camelot.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by AudriNichols

Wizard of Oz .

This one of my favorite childhood movies. My school put on the play when I was in fourth grade and I was munchkin biggrin I feel like a remake of this could be completely amazing or totally disastrous. Let us all remember Bewitched
She's a saint with the lips of a sinner.
- r.m. drake
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by AudriNichols

It would take a lot of work to do it, but Hollywood has made some incredible epic war movies lately. A retelling of Gone With the Wind should be one of them. If it is well done, by the right director, it will be amazing. Casting will be one of the most important parts of doing a remake that people will really enjoy. Although, I suspect no matter who is chosen, there will be people who will protest and complain.

Maybe in another ten years, or twenty, someone in Hollywood will take on the challenge.

Audri, few people here respect your work and words as I do, I believe. But on this one, I am a serious student of the Civil War, including its roots, and its long terms effects, etc. As great as the movie was originally, I think it could no longer be done without serious problems my dear.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Melissa999
Barbarella comes to mind.

OMG!!! Who do you think would be able to play her today Mely?
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Scaramouche! It's an old MGM swashbuckler from the 50's with a great storyline and beautiful production values. One of the best sword-fighting scenes in the history of film.
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
Quote by Dancewithme

OMG!!! Who do you think would be able to play her today Mely?

Today, well , I think maybe Eva Green, yes !
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

By the goddess she is gorgeous!! I know she would have the same effect on me!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally, I think there are two huge barriers to remaking classic movies. First, there was so much blatant political in-correctness in most of them that scripts would have to go through serious scrutiny to pass muster. Second, modern directors and producers just have to insert a car chase into every scene. Look at what they did to The Hobbit. I can't even imagine the dreadful antics they'd try to shoehorn into a film like The African Queen, or Gone With The Wind.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Charlotte_

I'd love to see a really great series of Dune movies.

The Dune they should have made:
Best Friend Exchange Club: Here
Artist stories start at Artist -- Chapter 1
Starbucks Reverie at Starbucks Reverie

Teacher at Teacher

And please read my competition entry:There's Always Time. A sweet love story set in a time traveling universe.
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes

By the goddess she is gorgeous!! I know she would have the same effect on me!

Oh yes, hot stuff ;)