Robin Williams has died...

last reply
51 replies
6.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Such shocking and saddening news. He was truly one of the greats. It's so tragic he decided to leave us. While I sincerely hope he's found the peace he craved, my heart goes out to his family and friends.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes
Jesus!

I always felt with Robin Williams that his hyper-manic style was SUCH A BRAVE ATTEMPT to drown out much darker voices in his head. He seemed only ever himself when performing comedy (I don't include a lot of his acting accomplishments) and yet, that can't have been the case.

Bruce, Belushi, Hancock, Hedberg, Williams (Kenneth), Williams (Robin)... And too many more... RIP all.

Comedy's a dangerous game.

xx SF
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Robin Williams' passing is a reminder that those who make us laugh the most are usually fighting the biggest demons.

Rest in peace, Robin Williams. You will be missed.
Rawr, I'm a dinosaur. :3

(Check out my stories, babies xox)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Am saddened with the news, as he brought such humor and good feeling to all. Sorry he could not see himself in the mirror in a better light.

He will be at peace with himself now
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Very sad. Heart goes out to him.
Someone has to be the Villain
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Vale Robin ... One of the few Americans that really got Aussie lingo smile the world is so poorer without you mate ...
Lurker
0 likes
RIP U FUNNY MAN
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
RIP

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It is a great tragedy that the world lost such a brilliant and hilarious mind.

It goes without saying, he was my favourite comedian. But he was so much more than a just a comedian.
He made me laugh when I didn't want to laugh.
He made me smile when I didn't want to smile.
He brought me joy when I couldn't find my own.
And he made me cry... With laughter.

SHAZBOT!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Such sad news, I hope it helps others battling depression to seek help.
Try anything once, twice if you like it.
Check out my stories below, enjoy! ;)

https://www.lushstories.com/rubz/stories
Story Verifier
0 likes
The one movie I think about first when I hear or read Robin Williams's name isn't a funny one. It's the Dead Poet's Society.

It's a movie that has touched me very deeply and changed my outlook on life. In a way, it is tragically symbolic that what - to me - is his best performance is a movie that ends on the note that not all endings are happy ones. Still, the closing metaphor is that the things we do can leave footprints and change people for the better, and can still continue on after we leave.

Thank you, Robin Williams, for making us laugh and cry and question our black-and-white views on the world to Good Morning, Vietnam. Thank you for making us think about picking our battles and helping us realize that we're all vulnerable and creative individuals to Dead Poet's Society. Thank you for making us laugh in all your comical roles, and thank you for making us reflect on the treasure of time with people we love to Awakenings.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was truly surprised and sadden by the news this brilliant man of movies and TV, I've grown up watching him over the decades, took his own life. My greatest heartbreak is as much as he gave to millions we (collectively) weren't able to gave back to him and save him from his depression and angst.

May he find the peace and solitude he so searched for.

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
This news was exceptionally depressing. He is just a beautiful soul. Smiles and laughter can hide a lot of darkness. May he rest in peace - he'll be sorely missed.
Lurker
0 likes
RIP. I didn't see many of his movies but I loved Mrs Doubtfire. I'm so sorry that he was unhappy. Somehow I feel bad that the world only really thinks of him now that he's dead but I guess that's life for you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always feel a more intense sense of loss when a fellow alcoholic or addict commits suicide. Possibly because I have thought about it obsessively for years, and slit my wrists on multiple occasions until being forced into rehab and getting sober a year later at the age of 18.

No one will ever know exactly what Robin Williams was thinking and feeling when he made the decision to end his pain the way he did. But I do know he wasn’t seeing himself the way the rest of us saw him.

I first met Robin in 1998 when he came to the Comedy Cellar in New York City to do a guest spot. Comedians tend to be impossible to impress and love to stress how they’re impossible to impress when bigger, far more famous comedians perform sets.

But on this particular night, I noticed that none of the regular comedians were leaving when they were done. We were all finding excuses to hang around. None of us wanted to admit it, but Robin Williams was performing, and we were genuinely excited.

Now, any other group of performers would have proudly stood outside with streamers and a welcome banner, but comedians are jaded asses who would rather sit in the back of the room with their hearts pounding while folding their arms and feigning disinterest.

What struck me the most about Robin was how important it was to him that the other comedians liked him. He was always gracious to the performer he had bumped off the lineup. That first night, and during his many returns over the years, he would always come upstairs and sit with us at the “comedy table” (made famous on Louie).

He could have easily dominated the conversation; we all knew the difference between who he was and who we were. Robin was one of the few larger-than-life comedians who could have actually gotten a table full of other comics to shut up and listen. But he didn’t. He joked and laughed with us and went out of his way to not tower above us. He probably never knew how much we loved him for that.

By all accounts, Robin struggled with depression and addiction over the years. So many comics I know seem to struggle with the demons of self-hatred and self-destruction. While my physically self-destructive days ended when I got sober, the thought of suicide was always there, an option behind glass that I could break in case of an emergency. I glamorized the idea of constructing my own exit.

And yet on a day like Monday, that idea seemed terrible and unnecessary. Not triumphant or glamorous but sad and empty and incomplete.

The funniest people I know seem to be the ones surrounded by darkness. And that’s probably why they’re the funniest. The deeper the pit, the more humor you need to dig yourself out of it.

Jim Norton, on Robin's death. More at this link.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm so heartbroken. My favorite movie of his is centennial man.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Depression can sneak up on anyone at anytime , I know that I'm saddened but not shocked after seeing family members deal with such an awful disease. If you want to see him at his funniest watch him and Jonathan Winters (another seriously depressed person) interact. They were both cut from the same cloth. R.I.P.ROBIN
Lurker
0 likes
OMG I still don't believe it. I was travelling in Turkey when I heard this shocking news. I have his autograph.... I love him so much. He was one of a kind. He made me rofl so many times. May you rest in peace Robin.

Robin Williams’ last post on Instagram was dated July 31, 2014.

Lurker
0 likes
so sad