Cameo appearance in a story

last reply
21 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
Well my darlings my kinky pencil wanted to know if putting Lushies in a tale as a cameo is allowed?
Naturally I'd let the person concerned read the tale they appear in and be fully allowed to edit how their alter ego appears.
I just thought it would be fun to immortalise some of you in print.

So my question is:

A)Are we allowed to do it?
B) Does anyone want to appear as a cameo?

So far everyone who gets a cameo has been lovingly given the Special Guest Star treatment and loves it.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Twisted_Skald
Well my darlings my kinky pencil wanted to know if putting Lushies in a tale as a cameo is allowed?
Naturally I'd let the person concerned read the tale they appear in and be fully allowed to edit how their alter ego appears.
I just thought it would be fun to immortalise some of you in print.

So my question is:

A)Are we allowed to do it?
B) Does anyone want to appear as a cameo?

So far everyone who gets a cameo has been lovingly given the Special Guest Star treatment and loves it.

Allowed, so long as they're okay with it and you try and avoid screen names that totally mess up the flow of the story.

"Oh yeah, right there. Harder please," Pussydriller47294849 moaned to Clitwhomper6969.
0 likes
Quote by Jen

Allowed, so long as they're okay with it and you try and avoid screen names that totally mess up the flow of the story.

"Oh yeah, right there. Harder please," Pussydriller47294849 moaned to Clitwhomper6969.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes
Quote by Jen

made me laugh right out loud!
Troublemaker
0 likes
It might be more fun to 'suggest' the character might be a Lushie and potentially even a way to increase readership e.g. tags like "this story may feature an anonymous Lushie." In the rare event I actually finish a story I always find some element creeps in based on a chat or my perception of someone I talk to. It isn't deliberate but our experiences tend to fuel content, subconsciously or otherwise.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I did this years ago with a complete novel of ten chapters. It was a road trip story with the male protagonist traveling across America hooking up with ladies that were all on his friends' list on Lush. It was all planned with the characters not being surprised when he appeared on their doorstep. The only difference was that I did not actually use their avatar/usernames. I would be interested if it held up for readers from so long ago. The first chapter was posted in February 2013.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/novels/-road-trips-for-peter-chapter-one-.aspx
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Be warned that, once or twice, this has been done and then there's been a falling out or a breakup and the person placed in the story wants themselves removed.

That said, if anyone wants to put me in their story as a crazed cosplayer who dresses up as Disney princesses while going on a crime spree is more than welcome.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes
Quote by sprite
That said, if anyone wants to put me in their story as a crazed cosplayer who dresses up as Disney princesses while going on a crime spree is more than welcome.

Oh, that I had the talent to capture in words the utter Spriteness of such a cacophony of cosmic chaos. Even a deity of dystopian magnitude would be hard pressed to overcome that challenge and still retain a semblance of sanity.

Just saying
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by kistinspencil

Oh, that I had the talent to capture in words the utter Spriteness of such a cacophony of cosmic chaos. Even a deity of dystopian magnitude would be hard pressed to overcome that challenge and still retain a semblance of sanity.

Just saying

and yet, i would trust you with it if you asked.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Best down-under
0 likes
Yes sometimes I do, there is an Irish backpacker called Susie in my story The End Begins who as it happens is a little Deviant. It amused me (and Susie too) but afterwards I did wonder if for those that got the joke might be taken 'out' of the story. In the last competition, as I was writing the Temptation of Coffee, where one of the two main characters is a barista, the thought occurred to me to call her Tams. Indeed Tams's comment on my story included, "I was hoping the barista was going to be named Tams," but that was a case where I did feel those who knew her would maybe get distracted from what I had written. Though that might have helped.

I have used conversations and interactions with Lush members as the basis for a character and plot in some of my stories, though the names are changed to protect the guilty.

Do check out my latest story:

Unleashed competition: Bull Shite, Bull Dykes, Bull Fights: That’s Your Everyday D/s Love Story. | Lush Stories

And my other stories, including 5 EPs, 22 RR's, and 15 competition top 10's including my pride competition winner: On Oxford Street, This Gay Girl Found Pride While Playing With Balls

Oyster Catcher
0 likes
I did it with my last comp entry (Debauched - Five...). I asked the seven people I mentioned for their permission, and altered some of the names a bit - not that that was asked for. At least one other entry in the same competition also had other author's mentioned.

I think consideration and respect are the name of the game here. Be kind, be thoughtful!

Down the Rabbit Hole - My latest competition entry.

The Intimate and Top Secret Files of Lady Jackhammer - 3rd place in the 'Punked' competition.

Samhain Shenanigans of the Satyr - 3rd place in the 'Halloweenie' competition

0 likes
I just thought it might be fun to have a small part in a little tale, naturally nobody wants to be offended. Though I do let the person being referred to chose their disguise and the role they want to play in it.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
0 likes
I had a story on the go once where I quite unconsciously introduced a same sex couple with the names of a same sex couple I know of on here. I did ask the member if it would be okay since I thought someone might connect them and they were cool about it. In the end, the story fizzled out unfinished though the notes for it remain in my OneNote (a rather elaborate map of characters and relationships since this was probably going to be at least a novella if not a novel).
Simple Scribbler
0 likes
I know several who have done it. I think the key is to include whoever in a way that the reader doesn't need to know them to enjoy their role in the story. You know what I mean? The inclusion of their character needs to make sense.

Good luck!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Twisted, I've written a few stories with cameo appearances - even included myself in one or two! So long as permission is granted it is okay to do. And yes being immortalized in a story can be fun! smile
0 likes
Thank you Kimmi and Master Jonathan.
Wonderful to hear the wisdom of such esteemed writers, thank you for sharing it with me.

A Cure For Stagefright

0 likes
I wrote a whole story about just one person - she knows, she encouraged me....
0 likes
Thank you Martin.
Always good to hear from such a Legend.

A Cure For Stagefright

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have done it. I did ask if it was ok if they were included in my story. They loved the idea. I also sent them the final copy of the story several days before submitting it. I would have no problem being included in another author's story.
0 likes
Michelle, my Debauched competition included several Lushies – including you, I believe!

I asked everyone, got everyone's permission (except for one person, who didn't reply, then told me they didn't like it after I submitted a draft but before it was published, so I took that section out).

I sent them all the sections I'd written about them, and got approval from all of them (except that one person).

And I didn't use screen names, or only implied them (such as one Lushie whom I identified as having a basset hound named "Stormy" sitting next to their desk).

But there's a risk. If you use someone, and they approve it, but then change their mind after it's published, you have to pull that section.

PM me if you'd like to discuss this further.

James

An incredibly talented, but modest Polar Bear, often mischievous, but never malicious!