Do you have a goal as a lush author?

last reply
83 replies
9.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
My goal is to try and improve as a new writer, and to learn as much as I can via the forums.
0 likes
Yes, to get people off, while alone or with someone. I've had some tell me that he and his mom reads my stuff, and other straight couples too. If it's 3 in the morning, and someone gets off because of my words, I think that's something to be proud of.
Lurker
0 likes
I want to share my thoughts and emotions, get a response from others, and explore new worlds by sharing ideas
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
The elusive respect.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For the badge!
Come on, isnt that why everyone else did it?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've only published three stories on Lush so far and so I feel a little weird commenting to this thread, but whatever.

One of my main goals is to get people off. biggrin I want them to read my stories, my fantasies, and get as aroused by reading them as I get by writing them (if not more so). That was probably my only real 'specific' goal when I uploaded my first two stories.

And then I wrote another one and decided to take more care in cleaning it up before sending it off. And so I did, and it got 'recommended', and that felt really good. So now on top of writing stories that will hopefully cause a lot of squirming, I also want to continue to have my works 'recommended'. If nothing else it will push me to be more thorough with editing.

It would be lovely if I were to one day get on the 'Editor's Picks' list (and perhaps even win a competition!), though I most definitely have a long way to go before I get there. And that brings us to my main goal: to improve.

Writing has only ever been a hobby for me, albeit a major one. I have no delusions about maybe one day being a spectacular, award winning author, but at the very least I'd like to be a writer who can write well and and move an audience. smile
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
CARS FOR CASH

Cash for cars is our business. Junk cars are a nuisance and an eyesore. In some cases they can cost you money: if your county wants you to keep them registered and insured regardless of if they run or not, or fine you for not moving them. Getting cash for junk cars is a perfect solution to this problem.

We buy junk cars including, all years, makes and models in any condition. Wrecked cars, junk cars, damaged cars for sale, and even crashed cars for sale are of interest to junk car buyers. Yes, we buy wrecked cars; and more importantly you junk a car with us, junk car removal is included free of charge, provided it is local junk car removal. You do not pay us one cent instead we take your junk car for cash paid on the spot.

Lost car title, that is OK to. Getting a new vehicle title can sometimes cost more than a Junk Car is worth, but it is ok, lost vehicle title is no problem at all. You can still sell your car for cash, junk cars with no title is NO PROBLEM!

We buy your junk car for the highest CASH paid on the spot! …Prompt, professional service with Honesty! Sell your Junk Car to us today and receive a 2 Nights and three days stay at a Deluxe Hotel in over 50 cities across the US.

With over 25 years’ combined experience and “Five-Star” Rating, we make selling your Junk Car for Cash in Orlando, Maitland, Winter Park, Lake Marry, Edgewood, Kissimmee, Poinciana, Winter haven, Haine City, Lake Wales, Frostproof, Bartow, Davenport, St Cloud, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Hollywood, Davie, Miramar, Pembroock Pines, Homestead, Miami Gardens, Miami Springs, Miami Lake, Miami Beach, North Miami Beach, Adventura, Hialeah, Sweetwater, Redlands, and the lower Keys Hassle Free!
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Writing relaxes me. If it wasn't for sites like lush, I'd probably be writing non-erotic stories that nobody would read. The beautiful thing about erotica is that people are drawn to it and tend to read it voraciously. To me, this is a positive thing for everyone. It gets people to read when some of them probably wouldn't otherwise bother, and it gives a creative outlet for those of us who enjoy telling stories.

In the end, reading is good for the mind. What you read doesn't matter, even if it is erotic.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I began posting here to get stories about my true-life Cuckolding out to the public, it's a fantastic lifestyle, and so many folks that I know are now indulging. Then, I wrote some other stories about which I only dream up the scenarios, WITH 125 THOUSAND VIEWS, I GUESS THEY LIKE THEM.
For me, it's all about fun now, I truly enjoy sharing, and reading my feedback, that is what keeps me going forward.
Bobbi jo
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well other than the standard "to improve My writing skills" the only goal I really have now is to get My first Editor's Pick award one day. I have a Famous Story (and another approaching it) I have a couple Recommended Reads under My belt, and so all I need know is the Editor's Pick. Sure I would like to win a competition someday, but there are an awful lot of really great authors here in Lush! I am just honored and humbled to be amongst you all.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
To single handly act out each and every story I've ever written in real life.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Naughtygrl73
For the badge!
Come on, isnt that why everyone else did it?

My first piece is a competition entry so you can only imagine my delight at bagging two badges at once - Author and Contestant.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by emilykiss

My first piece is a competition entry so you can only imagine my delight at bagging two badges at once - Author and Contestant.

Personally I think that's very brave of you. I don't think that I'd have the guts to jump in at the deep end like that. Well done.
0 likes
Whereas I was an active author for almost a year before I got up the nerve to tackle a contest and now I'm into my second. Way to go, Emily. In retrospect, I think that's a great way to plunge in and get your name out there as an author even if you don't win.
Lurker
0 likes
The badge definitely and I don't care if that makes me sound petty...I'm a girl scout at heart. I love collecting badges, so that's partly the allure of Lush. Also - to get better at writing.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Kimasa
Firstly I'm very happy when one of my stories gets published because I see that as an achievement and secondly if lots of people read them and I get good feedback I'm delighted.

Kimasa, I really, really, reallly, realllllllly like your avatar it's the only one on Lush when I read a post that turns me on. I absolutely love the short knife edge pleated skirt, Mmmmmmmmmm.

Uh, can I borrow it someday?
Lurker
0 likes
First, I want to say thank you to all of you that read my stories as I just got my badge for Famous Stories - WOW! Thank you all.
My goal, according to my muse, Miki, is to finish, on Lush, the follow up stories to my other stories.
From there I am going to put up a website with my stories and hopefully earn from it.

Thanks, again
G
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
no. i just like to write. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
I'd like to write a story that is so good, no one is able to finish it.
0 likes
for me i want to improve every time i write to make myself a better each time i write at the moment i am working on two stories I have a couple already i am not very proud of they were my first attempts at writing I did ok but not the best I can do so my goal is just to improve for myself and make each story my own.
Lurker
0 likes
My goal is to inspire people and keep improving the quality of my writing. I also wouldn't say no to the odd EP... but y'know, we can all dream. smile
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
After five years here and a few more years writing before that, I feel as if I'm finally reaching the level where I can take the next step. I've always wanted to write a book and I did that with Kelly's Passion and Dangerous Games. Those are erotic books but the plot and action in both make good reading all by themselves.

I wrote three chapters of The Survivor and got back to back EP's for 1 and 2 and a Recommended Read for the third even though that chapter had no erotic content at all. I think it's time I start focusing on the real, mainstream novel I've always desired to write.

Most of my work is strongly romantic, so I'm thinking a romantic suspense story. Maybe a hunt for a serial killer. I actually have a rather different story line in mind. I'm going to have to start thinking seriously about pursuing it.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Liz
I'd like to write a story that is so good, no one is able to finish it.

I see stories I can't finish every day
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Milik_Redman

I see stories I can't finish every day

I struggle with yours because I get so involved. I'm determined to get to the end of Melissa without welling up.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by dpw

I struggle with yours because I get so involved. I'm determined to get to the end of Melissa without welling up.

Wow, thank you

Knowing I can touch the reader makes all the effort worthwhile
Story Verifier
0 likes
My ego is screaming at me, "I WANT TO FUCKING WIN!"

But what I want is to be good at it. I want people to cry at points and laugh until they're sick at others. I want them to feel what I do when I write it because I live in the story while I write. That really screws up tensing but I'm learning how to fix that. I want people to like what I write and read it again.

My kids asked me to write my life for them and that's what started me. I will give them all of this too eventually, they're all adults, my youngest kid is 35, and they can decide. Hell, maybe 10 generations down the road my grand kids will still share the stories their crazy old Sex-Fiend grandfather wrote. My ego trying for control again. I'll kick it's ass here shortly.

Thank you for the question. I hope all of you get what you need out of this great site.

This is us. I laugh my ass off every time I see it.

I am always a gentleman.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Honestly, I just want to write good stories that people enjoy. I want to get better at it. And I want to quit my day job and write full-time.

I look at the number of views, votes and comments from readers as a rough indicator of my progress towards those goals. The Recommended Read ribbons are recognition of achievement from a good writer, and I highly value the ones I already have. While I now aim for more with every new story, an Editor's Pick is what I'm really chasing as the next step towards telling my boss to go fuck herself.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes
I only write here to help me write better on my own novels off of here :P

Besides that, I'm doing it to see what people say and think of my stories and poems. And try to get them off with my stories ;)
Buxom Enigma
0 likes
I'd have to say my first goal is to hone my skills as a writer. Otherwise, writing here is a hobby, an outlet. I enjoy weaving a tale that my readers can relate to, and part of my craft is continuing to do so, hopefully with plenty of feedback! My favorite comments aren't (just) the ones that wax poetic about my abilities, but the ones that give encouragement to do more, or even tell me what they want to see.

Eventually, I do want to finish my e-Book, and win a competition, or two!
"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader - not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon." -E.L. Doctorow