last reply
127 replies
11.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by 1ball

I didn't think you would have the balls to answer my questions. Do you lack the ability to be intellectually honest? Or are you just not interested in abandoning intellectual dishonesty?

I crumbled under your intellectual superiority. This isn't exactly an intellectual conversation though... I'm actually not sure what it is.

I chose not to "answer" everything you said because all you did was say the same thing over again. I was not interested in reading the same thing once again if I would have responded to all your dumb points.

Quote by 1ball

I relate to people as equals, neither inferior or superior to me. Some people appreciate that. Others have entitlement beliefs. Are your friends entitled to unlimited sacrifice from you? Are you entitled to unlimited sacrifice from them?

This is a dishonest statement. Your posts sound like those of a narcissist. You do not relate to people as equals. You think you're better than them. Anyone that has wasted their time reading anything you've posted can clearly see this. This statement of equality from you is laughable at best. This is probably why you have a hard time doing favors for people. Because no one likes to do favors for you because your narcissism makes you come off as a prick. I'm being intellectually honest now. People think you are a prick. You can tell and that is why you keep score like you do. The favors people are inspired to do for you are few and small. It has made you bitter and it's obvious to everyone.

Reflect and better yourself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BigJay23
Ive been trying to get a gf for almost 3 years now only to get told im not their type or how canI date someone like you, i know im over weight, balding, and have acne but do women really only care about looks? I have a great personality and great sense of humor, im nice, kind hearted, caring, is that not good enough either? Please ladies and gentlemen help me out and give me some advice

You sounded like you were forcing yourself too hard to be in a relationship. I'm sure there are women out there who'd be willing to be in a relationship with you. And while you wait for that one special person, you can try to improve yourself. There's no need to rush. If something is meant to be, it will happen in the right time, with the right person, and for the best reason.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I asked: Do you lack the ability to be intellectually honest? Or are you just not interested in abandoning intellectual dishonesty?

Quote by Magical_felix

I crumbled under your intellectual superiority. confused1 This isn't exactly an intellectual conversation though... I'm actually not sure what it is.

I chose not to "answer" everything you said because all you did was say the same thing over again. I was not interested in reading the same thing once again if I would have responded to all your dumb points.

Unfortunately for you, in an intellectually honest discussion, you don't get to choose which questions you will answer. You're hiding from the truth of your own beliefs. Maybe you should google "intellectual honesty" and "intellectual dishonesty" and see if you can commit to providing honest and relevant answers to questions. I've answered yours. Try it. See if you can stick to the discipline of intellectually honest discussion. It's not the difficult. You just participate in free inquiry and you purge yourself of double standards. I'm guessing you can't handle it.

This is a dishonest statement. Your posts sound like those of a narcissist. You do not relate to people as equals. You think you're better than them. Anyone that has wasted their time reading anything you've posted can clearly see this. This statement of equality from you is laughable at best. This is probably why you have a hard time doing favors for people. Because no one likes to do favors for you because your narcissism makes you come off as a prick. I'm being intellectually honest now. People think you are a prick. You can tell and that is why you keep score like you do. The favors people are inspired to do for you are few and small. It has made you bitter and it's obvious to everyone.

Reflect and better yourself.

Is every woman who has kicked out a husband or boyfriend for being a freeloader, lazy ass, sponge, moocher, leech, deadbeat, user, or parasite guilty of lacking empathy? How about everyone who has given up on a fair weather friend who's never there when needed but always there when it suits their purposes? Are all of the many people who've walked away from friendships where they felt they were being ill-used being insensitive and uncaring? Can anybody decide to be your friend and obligate you to fulfill their needs?
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i don't expect anything from my friends except friendship. nor do i give in regards to what i'm giving. people give what they can and what they are comfortable with. i do the same. sometimes the levels of giving don't match up. sometimes they are uneven. sometimes they see saw back and forth. the only person i have expectations of is me. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i don't expect anything from my friends except friendship. nor do i give in regards to what i'm giving. people give what they can and what they are comfortable with. i do the same. sometimes the levels of giving don't match up. sometimes they are uneven. sometimes they see saw back and forth. the only person i have expectations of is me. smile

Sanctimony. There are a lot of ways that a friend can be "high maintenance" and we all make decisions on whether the value of a friendship is worth the cost. Friendships are either symbiotic or parasitic, and when they're parasitic, they're destructive. I guess I'm just more honest and direct about that than some people.

If some woman had advised another on this board that "many men are only interested in <whatever>", nobody would have said a word about it. But there's probably a Shallow Sal for every Shallow Hal on the planet, and if the OP is running into women who friendzone him when they sense his interest, cutting the string and moving on unless they bring mutual benefit to the friendship is just self-preservation.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by 1ball

Sanctimony. There are a lot of ways that a friend can be "high maintenance" and we all make decisions on whether the value of a friendship is worth the cost. Friendships are either symbiotic or parasitic, and when they're parasitic, they're destructive. I guess I'm just more honest and direct about that than some people.

If some woman had advised another on this board that "many men are only interested in <whatever>", nobody would have said a word about it. But there's probably a Shallow Sal for every Shallow Hal on the planet, and if the OP is running into women who friendzone him when they sense his interest, cutting the string and moving on unless they bring mutual benefit to the friendship is just self-preservation.

how is what i said hypocrisy? as i said, all i said is that i expect friendship, not more - the level of that friendship my vary, but as long as it's there, i consider someone my friend. yeah, i have friends that i'm closer to than others, and friends that i give more to than others, but that doesn't change the dynamic of friendship. now, if they're not giving me friendship in return, obviously that's a different story. and really, all friends are, at some point in time, high maintainance - i know that i can, and have been at times, HM, but i think i'm worth it, and i think my friends are worth it as well. *shrugs* as i said, my behavior is that only thing that i can control, so my expectations are only on myself. yes, if someone proves themself to not be a friend, likely that friendship will fade, but otherwise, there is always the seed of a relationship there, regardless. all i am really interested in is that i can have a relationship were i can talk to someone and we can both come away with a smile on both our faces after. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
things i learned on Lush today:

1ball is the resident troll. that or extremely lonely and argumentative.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

how is what i said hypocrisy? as i said, all i said is that i expect friendship, not more - the level of that friendship my vary, but as long as it's there, i consider someone my friend. yeah, i have friends that i'm closer to than others, and friends that i give more to than others, but that doesn't change the dynamic of friendship. now, if they're not giving me friendship in return, obviously that's a different story. and really, all friends are, at some point in time, high maintainance - i know that i can, and have been at times, HM, but i think i'm worth it, and i think my friends are worth it as well. *shrugs* as i said, my behavior is that only thing that i can control, so my expectations are only on myself. yes, if someone proves themself to not be a friend, likely that friendship will fade, but otherwise, there is always the seed of a relationship there, regardless. all i am really interested in is that i can have a relationship were i can talk to someone and we can both come away with a smile on both our faces after. smile

I didn't call it hypocrisy. I called it sanctimony, the pretense of superior holiness. If a "friend" doesn't live up to your expectation of what it means to be a friend, you adjust the level of support they get from you downward. In other words, you change what you expect of yourself as a result of a declining opinion of them. There's nothing wrong with that, but to pretend it isn't an expectation on them to meet your standard of friendship (or face consequences (that friendship will fade)) is sanctimony.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by 1ball

I didn't call it hypocrisy. I called it sanctimony, the pretense of superior holiness. If a "friend" doesn't live up to your expectation of what it means to be a friend, you adjust the level of support they get from you downward. In other words, you change what you expect of yourself as a result of a declining opinion of them. There's nothing wrong with that, but to pretend it isn't an expectation on them to meet your standard of friendship (or face consequences (that friendship will fade)) is sanctimony.

ok, done with you now. bye bye. have fun in your sandbox. smile

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

ok, done with you now. bye bye. have fun in your sandbox. smile

Ok. Get some rest for your next outragefest.