19 votes remaining
Yes. I'll drink his money. (6 votes) 32%
Yes. We'll end up in bed. (2 votes) 11%
No. I'll buy my own. No obligations. (12 votes) 63%
No. Not really looking for a man. (4 votes) 21%
Maybe. (Explain why) (4 votes) 21%
Lurker
0 likes
Gals, do you expect a guy to buy you drinks?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well, I can't drink right now, but I usually bought my own back in the day. No way is some guy going to think I owe him anything.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don’t expect anything but it’s been a long time since I’ve had to buy my own drinks - I never felt like I owed them anything. My company was payment enough! So yeah, I’d happily drink all yo’money!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't 'expect' him to buy my drinks but if that's his choice then so be it.
0 likes
I'd let him buy me one, then I'd get the next round.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well if he wants to get laid he get better buy dinner to!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
I'd let him buy me one, then I'd get the next round.

me too, or vice versa. Same with food and such.
Lurker
0 likes
I said maybe because it depends on who asked who out to drinks!

If I asked him to come with me I would pay for it, but if he asked me I would expect him to pay for it.
Lurker
0 likes
If he buys me one, i'll buy the next lot, or reapy him in some other way
0 likes
No. I'll buy my own. No obligations

I don't consume alcohol and never will.
Many don't understand the X pin I wear on every jacket stands for straightedge.
The times guys have sent alcohol my way, I tend to give it to one of my friends to consume--I didn't ask for it so it's ok to pass it along.
0 likes
Never expected, but definitely appreciated. Doesn't mean that person should expect anything in return, though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Love the idea of second option
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I was looking ( before my current BF ) I would let them buy the first one, if I was interested. I would try to buy the second one, unless they insisted. I didn't feel like I owed them anything, but, I wasn't always opposed to repaying them in another way.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It depends on the circumstances. I have no objections to a man buying me a drink or two... who knows where it might lead?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Absolutely... Manners maketh the man x
Try before you buy x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

No, I never expect anyone to buy my drinks, but honestly I don't remember the last time that I had to buy one myself. If they offer to pay, I'm willing to except.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes

I expect him to take his turn buying drinks. I don't want him doing the man thing of buying for the lady. I ain't no lady!

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

If I'm out for a work lunch, I expect the senior person at the table to buy my drinks and my meal. If I'm out with friends, we either get separate tabs or just divide the total tab among us. If I'm with a guy, it depends on how I feel. If, after a while at the table with him and a few drinks, I offer to pay my own bill it often means he has to try harder to get into my pants. If he offers to pay and I let him with a "thank you", if he can read between the lines it often means he's going to get lucky.

Everything is a form of communication if you want it to be.

Smut-slinging slut
0 likes

If somebody, man or woman, asks me to go out, then I expect them to pay. If I, on the other hand, am the one doing the asking, then I expect to pay.

Am I a good witch, or a bad witch? History will decide